What's new

India ranks below China, Pak in global hunger index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is a success story and something we can learn from. I won't say we need to replicate China's methods, but getting inspired from someone's success is better than burning yourself with jealousy. Which brings me to an interesting question - is there anything that Pakistanis admire about India, or is it all like the blind hatred displayed on this forum?

do not expect pakistanis to admrie india. its impossible just like many indians never admire pakistan. but the more they are jealus of us the better as it means we are doing better than them

You did the wrong comparasion and on wrong forum. This is the International forum where you are representing your country not your state.

aray maray bahi .. i was telling its because 2 - 3 indian states that we lag behind. rest of india is doing pretty good.

aray maray bahi .. i was telling its because 2 - 3 indian states that we lag behind. rest of india is doing pretty good.

Actually, states like Tamilnadu and Kerala are doing better than Punjab in many many areas. So, how would it be if Tamilians and Malayalees start making fun of Punjabis for being backward? Then you won't like it much, will you?

Anyway, I see good hope for Bihar now, since Nitish Kumar has come, he has almost turned around the state! UP and Rajasthan need a good set of leaders for one term, and those states will turn around too!

Well it is a success story and something we can learn from. I won't say we need to replicate China's methods, but getting inspired from someone's success is better than burning yourself with jealousy. Which brings me to an interesting question - is there anything that Pakistanis admire about India, or is it all like the blind hatred displayed on this forum?

Why would Pakistan want to compare herself to India when she can learn from China, Japan, Western Europe and the USA ??? On the other hand, India admires Islam and used a Muslim architecture (Taj Mahal) as her own symbol.

Does a countries relative ranking of hunger change the number of desperately poor people in its own borders? Do relative ranking feed malnourished children? why is there this compulsive need to compare India to others. This trait and way of thinking if manifest in a person would be considered major insecurity issues.

I always believe that such thinking is due to lack of courage to accept faults within and it often leads to inefficiency further because those at helms of affairs take solace by saying the affairs in their neighbouring country were worst than theirs. This in my view is lame excuse to shift responsibility and acting monkey. I often snub officials of my province during press conferences when they try to hide their inefficiency by saying "crime rate is lower in the province as compared to so and so province or poverty is less" i just remind them that their is nothing to be proud of.

What is going on on other provinces DO NOT lessen their responsibilities and level of social ills.

The Indian problem is they tries to find solace in claiming "India is poor BUT hey BD and Pakistan are also doing NOT well"

"India has aids but hey look Chinese are also catching up" :disagree:

All these are modes of denial

Actually, states like Tamilnadu and Kerala are doing better than Punjab in many many areas. So, how would it be if Tamilians and Malayalees start making fun of Punjabis for being backward? Then you won't like it much, will you?

Anyway, I see good hope for Bihar now, since Nitish Kumar has come, he has almost turned around the state! UP and Rajasthan need a good set of leaders for one term, and those states will turn around too!

yaar punjabis are big hearted. we already made fun of a lot and we dont care. regarding tamilnadu and kerala doing better than punjab we are proud of them. i wish all other stated do better than punjab and... i am not pakistani so why would i feel bad if some of my brothers doing well. UP and bihar are not doing well because of bad leadership.

in association with a German group Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe.

A map by that group on 2009

Whi2009_karte.jpg

For people asking why China & Pakistan are mentioned.

Tell me of some other nation which has a billion+ population.

Pakistan is mentioned here from the point despite having more troubles they"ve fared better.

for whom the govt spends money? it is people. see the condition of rural pakistan during flood. it is much worse than india. so your intellectual BS also busted. :lol:

Yes ofcourse money is spend on people.

If Pakistan spend their aid money on welfare and got a better rank, they have indeed a better government than us.

I dont think the condition is worser in rural Pakistan than India.

My observation its more or less the same as India.

Inspite of these hardships they have managed to have a better ranking in it.

Aidmoney, paid money or blackmoney.. whatver it is , it doesnt matter.

The fact is they fared better than us according to the UN.

We should concentrate on why it happened here like that rather than crying over it as ..its aid money sort of childish arguments.

Why would Pakistan want to compare herself to India when she can learn from China, Japan, Western Europe and the USA ??? On the other hand, India admires Islam and used a Muslim architecture (Taj Mahal) as her own symbol.

Comparison is not the best thing, but learning from others' success is a positive mindset. India has the same set of countries to get inspired from and we can learn a lot from Japan, Europe and the US. But that should not prevent us from learning from China's growth. Especially since they have similarities with parts of our country, religion (Buddhism) and the challenges of population. Similarly, India's model will be the easiest to learn from for Pakistan, given our shared history, cultural and social similarities.

PS: What has India's admiration for Islam got to do with this topic? We admire all religions and cultures, and that is the essence of a secular nation. How is that a bad thing?

Now 'Ghaddari' will say because India is "Superior" & have more GDP & dont have troubles like Pakistan so Pakistan can go more below(so he can raise his balances in switzerland accounts more).
Even Pakistan's this ranking is not good & need improvement.

yaar punjabis are big hearted. we already made fun of a lot and we dont care. regarding tamilnadu and kerala doing better than punjab we are proud of them. i wish all other stated do better than punjab and..

Different areas with different financial status have more to do with ground realities and conditions it has nothing to do with your pagar or other ethnic factors

. i am not pakistani so why would i feel bad if some of my brothers doing well. UP and bihar are not doing well because of bad leadership.

We would have been ashamed if you were a Pakistan.

And btw if we want to be jealous of someone we would go for some high level object of jealousy NOT India which plagued with many ills.

Note: Amritsari sardar one janam was enough.

NOW back to the topic Hunger Index of India

Now 'Ghaddari' will say because India is "Superior" & have more GDP & dont have troubles like Pakistan so Pakistan can go more below(so he can raise his balances in switzerland accounts more).
Even Pakistan's this ranking is not good & need improvement.

yes our ranking needs to be improved. We have no good or stable social security nets which should be there.

I feel there should be a separate ministry for dealing with this.

I always believe that such thinking is due to lack of courage to accept faults within and it often leads to inefficiency further because those at helms of affairs take solace by saying the affairs in their neighbouring country were worst than theirs. This in my view is lame excuse to shift responsibility and acting monkey.

The Indian problem is they tries to find solace in claiming "India is poor BUT hey BD and Pakistan are also doing NOT well"

"India has aids but hey look Chinese are also catching up" :disagree:

All these are modes of denial

Talk about shooting in the dark, remember most of these reports are always by region..
here:
2010 Global Hunger Index: Facts and Findings: Asia | International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)

As far as India-China go, stats like these are immensely important since India is like China when it comes to population, growth potential. So its only natural to compare and see what is China doing differently to be ahead.

India has been making progress but has been very very slow:

Between 1990 and 2008, the prevalence of underweight children dropped from 60 percent to 44 percent and is now at 42%

Also, instead of being selective please also visit a one MR Haq's threads and lets also talk about "Lack of courage" and the other blah blah

In 'FAILED STATE' list you are on top than India.

China 62
India 79
Pakistan 10

I don't about China.

The reasons for Pakistan being ranked higher is.

All three indicators of failed states index India performs better.

1.Social indicators

Massive movement of refugees and internally displaced peoples:
During Swat valley military operations large number of people were displaced.

2.Economic indicators
During the recession crisis their economy was bankrupt

3.Political indicators
Many examples.Military interference in state politics,coupes etc.

Poverty,infrastructure,economy,malnutrition are not the only indicators for a failed state.

Also in terms of poverty and sanitation Pakistan is far ahead of us.

% of population living under 1.25$(PPP)
India:41.5%
Pakistan:22.6%

It"ll be about 2020-2025 for us to achieve that level where Pakistan is right now.

On the whole average Pakistani is not much different from an average Indian considering the HDI

ontopic

Indian state wise hunger index

I expected Gujarat to do better

Final_India_Map6.jpg

One particular reason i can think of being wastage of food grains

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7489816.stm

"Surprisingly, almost 50% of the food grain was damaged in Punjab, one of the leading states in agricultural production. And there's no history of floods or natural calamities in that region," Mr Bhattacharya said.

though 2 years old article i wonder what changes have been made.

We should take all the help we can get

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Canada-offers-to-build-grain-storage-facilities-for-India/Article1-601399.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom