What's new

India ranks 8th among 27 most powerful nations in world

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSYOPS

AT LEAST THE INDIANS ARE FREE TO HAVE CHILDREN.

IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU HAVE BANNED THEM I THINK ( WAT A OUTRAGOUES POLICY)

People like these do not understand spoken language. There are other languages to deal with them. :azn:

PSYOPS

AT LEAST THE INDIANS ARE FREE TO HAVE CHILDREN.

IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU HAVE BANNED THEM I THINK ( WAT A OUTRAGOUES POLICY)

India is the most overpopulated country on earth. You have 3 times less land area and nearly as much people as China. Most of the people in India just exist in life using up the world's resources. India definitely needs population control like Ted Turner said. The world is overpopulated and I'm glad we introduced population control 30 years ago and stopped 400 million extra births. We have trouble taking care of 1.3 billion and draining our national resources, imagine another 400 extra people to look after. Land is running out. I'm fully in favour of western elites reducing the population of the developing world.
The world is far too overpopulated.

Why is that so funny? A lot of countries do these assesments.

Here's one done by Chinese government sponsored think tank. It ranked India at 10th in 2006. Surely in 2013 Indian capabilities has only increased.

2rvxxjn.jpg

Comprehensive National Power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now uk is more powerful then Germany and Russia? It must be a joke.

Ḥashshāshīn;4213935 said:
Germany's military is insignificant? :lol: You've lost it, man.

Germanys military cannot do a **** without US support. They even have to contract Russian airlifters to move around equipment. They have no nuclear deterrence, amphibious capability, AWACS etc etc...

And most importantly they completely lack the will to play the military power game after Hitler and co.

@Genesis

China will remain a middle income country forever as far as I can envision and so will India when it gets there - 27000 $ on relative terms at the present moment means approx 35 trillion economy which is not at the moment - maybe in a couple of decades - but then due to inflation 27,000 $ will remain a middle income then too.

true, it will take decades, but it took America decades to become what it is today too. After WW2 the power difference is not huge between east and West.

But look at it today.

50 years it took the Americans, and they started as the number one economy too. So, once China reaches number one it would still take a long long time to do this.

27,000 is not set in stone, but China needs to have a Per Capita that puts it in the developed nation's range, or else it won't ever be a super power.

I believe economy is far more potent than weapons. US killed USSR with economy not nukes.
@Koovie

the Germans are very speciallized. Their guns and tank technology is some of the best in the world.

Their spending is 300 million dollars less than Indian on a much smaller and specialized army.
@qamar1990
The UK can influence far more people, the military has US hardware, economy far better and not energy dependent. I see people try to emulate UK not so much Russia, other than weapons tech which is still a step below the Americans, not in all fields but in most and especially Navy and Air force.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's a Chinese think tank listing :lol:

true, it will take decades, but it took America decades to become what it is today too. After WW2 the power difference is not huge between east and West.

But look at it today.

50 years it took the Americans, and they started as the number one economy too. So, once China reaches number one it would still take a long long time to do this.

27,000 is not set in stone, but China needs to have a Per Capita that puts it in the developed nation's range, or else it won't ever be a super power.

I believe economy is far more potent than weapons. US killed USSR with economy not nukes.

We are talking of GDP per capita here - on that basis both India and China try as much as they will - will remain middle income countries because of our populations even when we are no.1 and no.2.

I agree, UK above Russia seems to be odd. But we dont know about the criteria the Chinese were using. But the UK is 110% ahead of Germany which does not have any nuclear deterrence, no amphibious or blue water capability, no long range missiles, no AWACS, no strategic air lifters, "only" 140 4th gen fighters etc etc.

India is the most overpopulated country on earth. You have 3 times less land area and nearly as much people as China. Most of the people in India just exist in life using up the world's resources. India definitely needs population control like Ted Turner said. The world is overpopulated and I'm glad we introduced population control 30 years ago and stopped 400 million extra births. We have trouble taking care of 1.3 billion and draining our national resources, imagine another 400 extra people to look after. Land is running out. I'm fully in favour of western elites reducing the population of the developing world.
The world is far too overpopulated.

I agree, population control is absolutely necessary. But China`s successful one child policy is way too difficult to implement in India.

It's a Chinese think tank listing :lol:

We are talking of GDP per capita here - on that basis both India and China try as much as they will - will remain middle income countries because of our populations even when we are no.1 and no.2.

This is what I found the India members doing, if you are going to do something strive for the best, not second best. If you want to look to someone look to US, not China.

We are better but the US is far and away the best. Even if you catch up to the second best you are still second best.

Think bigger.

@Koovie

the Germans are very speciallized. Their guns and tank technology is some of the best in the world.

Even if their ARs and tanks are better than the British one, they wont be of much use if they cannot deploy without Russian (!) or US help. They dont nuclear deterrence and ICBMs which is practically a must have for anyone who wants to call himself a military power. They lack any blue water capabilities or amphibious capabilities. And unlike the UK, they will only have a relatively small number of 4th gen fighters and currently, they dont have any plans for 5th gen fighters.

This is what I found the India members doing, if you are going to do something strive for the best, not second best. If you want to look to someone look to US, not China.

We are better but the US is far and away the best. Even if you catch up to the second best you are still second best.

Think bigger.

We Indians use something called the grey matter that resides in the region between our two ears :D

There's a limit to how much business can be generated and how much population the world can support and also to how much resources, arable land, water resources we have at our disposal.

Even if their ARs and tanks are better than the British one, they wont be of much use if they cannot deploy without Russian (!) or US help. They dont nuclear deterrence and ICBMs which is practically a must have for anyone who wants to call himself a military power. They lack any blue water capabilities or amphibious capabilities. And unlike the UK, they will only have a relatively small number of 4th gen fighters and currently, they dont have any plans for 5th gen fighters.

you have to look at it another way, first this ranking is all fields.

The german economy is about double India's. The german army is very professional with a very effective army structure. The german products are popular around the world. The Germans is one of the few that are still growing in the EU.

The germans can make Jet engines of which China has some problems. The Germans is NATO which means they can rely on American Nuclear deterrent and truth be told, they are like Japan, anytime they want nukes they can just have it cause their technology has far exceeded just having nukes.

So in conclusion, technologically first class, economy doing great and improving, an army that is efficient and knows it's role. Influences the world everywhere.

In the German military, if they don't have something it means they don't want it, not they couldn't make it.

It's not the same as Chinese Indian problem.

Tell me how German is not a power.
@illusion8
Why don't you just give up now, save you the trouble. If there's a problem you solve it, if there is an obstacle you cross it.

I guess this is why Indian Independence came with protest, while the Chinese freedom are covered in blood.

you have to look at it another way, first this ranking is all fields.

The german economy is about double India's. The german army is very professional with a very effective army structure. The german products are popular around the world. The Germans is one of the few that are still growing in the EU.

The germans can make Jet engines of which China has some problems. The Germans is NATO which means they can rely on American Nuclear deterrent and truth be told, they are like Japan, anytime they want nukes they can just have it cause their technology has far exceeded just having nukes.

So in conclusion, technologically first class, economy doing great and improving, an army that is efficient and knows it's role. Influences the world everywhere.

Tell me how German is not a power.

I was comparing them to the UK. But I agree, Germany is leading in the economy and is way ahead of the UK and India (for now).

My point was that you need a powerful military as well and not "only" a strong economy. And in this field, the UK is definitely leading.
BTW the Germans are using RR engines in their EFT AFAIK.

And a great power needs to be independent, at least to some extent, and relying on US nukes (which are obviously in total US control) is completely the opposite. Furthermore it takes a strong political will and much experience to build ICBMs and nukes, one cannot just come up with them out of nowhere even for a technologically advanced nation like Germany.

So in conclusion, Germany has a strong economy and technologically highly advanced industries BUT they completely lack in any strategic capabilities and the will to be a great power since WW2.

And I doubt that its going to change in the future, especially considering the rapidly ageing population. And its also questionable that the German economy will be able to hold its current place in the top 10 economy list. Brazil and India will surpass them sooner or later and others will follow.

I was comparing them to the UK. But I agree, Germany is leading in the economy and is way ahead of the UK and India (for now).

My point was that you need a powerful military as well and not "only" a strong economy. And in this field, the UK is definitely leading.
BTW the Germans are using RR engines in their EFT AFAIK.

And a great power needs to be independent, at least to some extent, and relying on US nukes (which are obviously in total US control) is completely the opposite. Furthermore it takes a strong political will and much experience to build ICBMs and nukes, one cannot just come up with them out of nowhere even for a technologically advanced nation like Germany.

So in conclusion, Germany has a strong economy and technologically highly advanced industries BUT they completely lack in any strategic capabilities and the will to be a great power since WW2.

And I doubt that its going to change in the future, especially considering the rapidly ageing population. And its also questionable that the German economy will be able to hold its current place in the top 10 economy list. Brazil and India will surpass them sooner or later and others will follow.

UK military is probably better yes. But I still think if the Germans want icbms they can have it within a year. Even if for no other reason than the west shares these tech between themselves.

It would take 10 years to reach current German economy for India, at 6.4 percent growth, which is something I been hearing and this is all assuming Germans don't grow which is unlikely.

UK military is probably better yes. But I still think if the Germans want icbms they can have it within a year. Even if for no other reason than the west shares these tech between themselves.

It would take 10 years to reach current German economy for India, at 6.4 percent growth, which is something I been hearing and this is all assuming Germans don't grow which is unlikely.

If they get the ICBM tech from the UK or France.... then they could indeed master to deploy them in a very short time but Germany is like Japan, after WW2 their political parties and population will never allow something like that to happen. And building up strategic and blue water capabilities takes a lot of time, experience, money, planing and especially will.

While I feel that the UK desperately tries to retain their military power (with ACs, 5th gen fighters, nuclear subs etc etc).... probably because so many in their population still miss the days of their empire?

PS: Yes, catching up to Germany`s economy will take some years for us. Lets see what happens in the future.

@illusion8
Why don't you just give up now, save you the trouble. If there's a problem you solve it, if there is an obstacle you cross it.

I guess this is why Indian Independence came with protest, while the Chinese freedom are covered in blood.

It's common sense, just calculate your estimated population in 2033 X by 27,000$ - that makes it approx - 40 trillion, now assuming you hit 40 trillion in a couple of decades ( I am not sure you will though) consider the average rate of inflation in 2 decades and what will be the worth of a dollar as it is now in 2 decades, so is 27,000$ enough in 2033 to be labeled as a high income individual? not likely - so for all practical purposes you will remain a middle income country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom