What's new

India ranks 8th among 27 most powerful nations in world

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is What is ur problem if it is conducted by National Security Research funded by Delhi? Did it give a place above China or USA? Or did it say we had sooper dooper weapons? It pointed out we are poor in many aspects.
Dont try to troll and show urself in poor light, and follow blindly what western analyst point out. I had u in good regard.

With all due respect, India is not a 'powerful' nation. Power isn't just about military. A very high % of your people live in poverty and worse conditions than Africa. 69% live on less than $2 daily. Low HDI etc etc.

China came 10km inside your land and you can't do anything.

Is this your idea of a powerful nation?

Ḥashshāshīn;4213731 said:
With all due respect, India is not a 'powerful' nation. Power isn't just about military. A very high % of your people live in poverty and worse conditions than Africa. 69% live on less than $2 daily. Low HDI etc etc.

China came 10km inside your land and you can't do anything.

Is this your idea of a powerful nation?

So are u just implying that cos India is simply poor, it cannot be powerfull? U can have ur own list of powerfull nations, and thats ur wish. But u cannot simply deny the fact, that India is do recognised as a regional power, if not a global power(we are not).

Any analysis on power projection is done on how the country fares on military, economy, R&D clouts. Not on people alone.
Its not like we cant do anything, when China came to our land. Its just diplomacy is waiting to do its work- thanks to hyperbolic media, its blown out of proportion.
Chinese media reports regularly, we used to camp deep inside their territory. So what China did?? It killed our troops?
POwer projection is also based on Diplomacy mate.

We have our faults. But ur making fun of an organisation just cos of its is Delhi funded is completely unacceptable. I find the report just and better than many western reports. It shows us where we are, and what are our problems.

U need to draw a line between power projection and HDI, which arent completely dependent on each other.

icewolf

your talking garbage

WE HAVE A $2 TRILLION $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GDP

THAT MEANS WE SPENT ONLY 2%%%%%%%% ON DEFENCE

IE 44BILLION $$$$$$$$

THE INDIAN COUNTRY.NATION GOVT MILITATRY IS RICH

THE PEOPLE should work sort themselves govts cant FEED YOU you feed YOURSELF

I THINK YOU PAKISTANIS FEEL THE GOVT NEEDS TO FEED YOU NO NO NO

YOU WORK FOR A LIVING dont live for HANDOUTS

So are u just implying that cos India is simply poor, it cannot be powerfull? U can have ur own list of powerfull nations, and thats ur wish. But u cannot simply deny the fact, that India is do recognised as a regional power, if not a global power(we are not).

Any analysis on power projection is done on how the country fares on military, economy, R&D clouts. Not on people alone.
Its not like we cant do anything, when China came to our land. Its just diplomacy is waiting to do its work- thanks to hyperbolic media, its blown out of proportion.
Chinese media reports regularly, we used to camp deep inside their territory. So what China did?? It killed our troops?

We have our faults. But ur making fun of an organisation just cos of its is Delhi funded is completely unacceptable. I find the report just and better than many western reports. It shows us where we are, and what are our problems.

U need to draw a line between power projection and HDI, which arent completely dependent on each other.

I'm not going to say India isn't a power, however being developed certainly, to me, is one of the indicators.

This is why I'm not going to call China a global power until about 20,000 per capita, and not a super power until 27,000-30,000.

Military and others are impressive, but will not be the deciding factor. Why do people flock to America? Is it their military? No it's the living standard. Hence USSR defect to America, but very rarely the other way around.

Until China shows that its people can be well off down to the bottom of the food chain. I can't consider it a success.

I'm not going to say India isn't a power, however being developed certainly, to me, is one of the indicators.

This is why I'm not going to call China a global power until about 20,000 per capita, and not a super power until 27,000-30,000.

Military and others are impressive, but will not be the deciding factor. Why do people flock to America? Is it their military? No it's the living standard. Hence USSR defect to America, but very rarely the other way around.

Until China shows that its people can be well off down to the bottom of the food chain. I can't consider it a success.

I know it. Being developed and showing of power is different thing all together.
Just cos we are poor, doesnt mean, we are powerless. Any country attacks us, we will try to give them a bloody nose, even if its USA.
We have a obligation to improve the people from all parts of life. At the same time, we have the obligation to safeguard the nation. Our diplomacy is one of the best. Power projection is not necessarily possible only through force alone.

I agree with ur part. I would never call India, a developed nation until it really develops. Improving the life of people is the 1st priority.
As i said before, HDI and power projection in international politics, is completely different. Other nation will just see our military or our soft power or diplomacy in international arena for power projection, not the poor we have.

And the article is about power projection, which is neatly done, criticizing our flaws.

India is a regional military/economic power. As I said, power is not just about military.
US, UK, France, Germany, Russia, China, Japan are the only countries I consider powerful currently.

Ḥashshāshīn;4213850 said:
India is a regional military/economic power. As I said, power is not just about military.
US, UK, France, Germany, Russia, China, Japan are the only countries I consider powerful currently.

Fine. They are developed and powerful indeed. Its your own points and perceptions, and not gonna argue with that.
However I still take exception reg ur comment on the organisation. I feel its well fine.

Anyways Peace.

I think this is prety funny.

When a third world country spends too much money on its army, and completely disregards its citizens, you get the Indian Republic.

Right now, the only pride of the Indians is, is their army.

Again you managed to show your high level of ignorance towards any facts. India spends less than 2 % of its GDP on defence while some other countries in her geographical neighbourhood spend 5% of their GDP on military. India has also the largest anti poverty program in the world and spends billions and billions of USD of such measures while the GOI is lifting millions out of poverty each year.

But I guess this is too complicated for you to process.

icewolf

your talking garbage

Whats new on that?

Ḥashshāshīn;4213850 said:

Germanys military is so insignificant that it kicks them out of the "group of powerful nations".

And the UKs economy and military capability are going down as well.

Again you managed to show your high level of ignorance towards any facts. India spends less than 2 % of its GDP on defence while some other countries in her geographical neighbourhood spend 5% of their GDP on military. India has also the largest anti poverty program in the world and spends billions and billions of USD of such measures while the GOI is lifting millions out of poverty each year.

But I guess this is too complicated for you to process.

Whats new on that?

Germanys military is so insignificant that it kicks them out of the "group of powerful nations".

And the UKs economy and military capability are going down as well.

Chill dude.. he is talking about the sh!t hole where he is currently living.. he just quoted you by mistake ! :lol:

“Even in economic and military fields, the indexed value of China's capabilities is much lower than that of US.”

:lol:

“The study gives India high marks for population capabilities”

-- They must rank Philippines having the same high mark on population capabilities as Japan, Congo has more population capabilities than Sweden, or Nigeria 2X or 3X more capable than Germany... :lol:

“Again, with regard to technological capability, particularly in the area of control over critical technology, India ranks extremely low."

-- DRDO, HAL and ISRO strongly disagree! :rofl:

“…lending credence to the general criticism against India for a lack of strategic culture.”

… yet the World Chess Organisation chairmaned by the British Raj claimed singlehandedly that India magically “invented” Chess, which is all about strategy. :rofl:

………………

As on strategy, the Chinese ranking always has its strategic undertone that drastically overestimates the opponents and underestimaters itself, always.

Make all your neighbours your enemies. What a brilliant strategy

Indian study group :rofl:

Go feed your children first before entering into superpower lists.

Indian study group :rofl:

Go feed your children first before entering into superpower lists.

We will feed you, once we get our hand on you. :D Don't speak much when you are hiding. :P Have the guts... reveal yourself and speak.... after revealing yourself you won't be there to speak though....

PSYOPS

AT LEAST THE INDIANS ARE FREE TO HAVE CHILDREN.

IN YOUR COUNTRY YOU HAVE BANNED THEM I THINK ( WAT A OUTRAGOUES POLICY)

@Genesis

China will remain a middle income country forever as far as I can envision and so will India when it gets there - 27000 $ on relative terms at the present moment means approx 35 trillion economy which is not at the moment - maybe in a couple of decades - but then due to inflation 27,000 $ will remain a middle income then too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom