What's new

India Rank 11th for USPTO Patents 2015

Just imagine if we transformed our educational system. We could wonders. When I say transform, I mean making it effective to find, nuture, and expand the minds of talented ppl.

Look at how China finds talented individuals for everything from research to olympic games. We are not utilizing the biggest advantage we have which is manpower. Instead we are wasting it and allowing foreigners to grab the best and brightest due to our corruption, inefficiency and lack of vision.

Look at how China is using CRISPR and saying Fuk you to the UN and other countries while it conducts research on embryos. Instead of following the pack, it is paving a road for the future. That is the difference....India should take notice. Are we even looking into this.....CRISPR has made the US military worried about its potential implications for the future. Does our military even follow new developments? Do we even have a cell or body of professionals that looks into all developments to discuss debate and hypothesize potential implications good or bad? Not yet....wtf are we waiting for.....dancing girls?
Actually, Hong Kong acts as front end of China. Otherwise, gap between us and them is lower.

I understand why, I'm just saying India needs to do a lot better. There is no sense is taking pride in beating Pakistan, there is a LONG way to go.
But I still think, beating by 32 times in per capita, is damn high. :omghaha:
Anyway, need to work hard to catch up with west. :P

But I still think, beating by 32 times in per capita, is damn high. :omghaha:
Anyway, need to work hard to catch up with west. :P
I don't know, to me that isn't really much of an acheivement, why look to who is behind India? Look who is in front of India, nations that India really ought to at least match, if not beat, today.

It's all well and good to chest thump and showboat brother but let's reserve that for the future when India is in the top 3- where it belongs.

It's pretty pathetic for India really, behind tiny nations like S.Korea, Israel and Taiwan and and small nations (compared to India) like Canada, France and the UK. Even taking population out of it, India is performing sub-par relative to its nominal GDP.

I think Indians earn more patents by working for other countries than for India, most of our best minds are working in foreign countries for foreign organizations and institutes. We really need to invest heavily in R&D and attract those talents back to India.

Amazing that with 16 patents /year pak can make missiles without a single failed test and India has to try again and again. Similarly JF17 Blunder and burraq/burqa or whatever that drone is have absolutly zero delays and problems.

Anyways, thanx for quoting @PatriotLover 's comments before he could delete them.:rofl:
Well now we know why they have so few patents. :enjoy:

It's pretty pathetic for India really, behind tiny nations like S.Korea, Israel and Taiwan and and small nations (compared to India) like Canada, France and the UK. Even taking population out of it, India is performing sub-par relative to its nominal GDP.

Need to also take into account the number of Indians who get a world class or at least a reasonably good education and the same in Canada, Taiwan etc.

The issue is that 67 years after independence most Indians still receive an awful education and are in no position to think of filing patents.

I think Indians earn more patents by working for other countries than for India, most of our best minds are working in foreign countries for foreign organizations and institutes. We really need to invest heavily in R&D and attract those talents back to India.
As long as there are reservation ,forget about it.

I am surprised someone didn't say Israel won all her wars due to US.
Maybe not in this thread but it has been said alot actually.
here are few stuff that has been said too:
1.It has been said that all Israeli technology was stolen or bought from the US.
2.All it's economy is U.S aid
3.that Israel and the west are "not letting" muslims to develop technologies.

1.It has been said that all Israeli technology was stolen or bought from the US.
A lot of conspiracy theories are popular against India as well especially with our wars since 1947 and Economy.

But for Israel i wouldn't say it copied or anything from US but essentially Israelis know how to improvise.For instance they can make a successful hybrid with captured Soviet weapons and later export it.

4.Israel formed and sponsored ISIS :lol:

Capture.JPG

This is the rankings for US Patent and Trademark Office.

It only ranks countries based on the the patents filed in the US.

Scopus is the one that provides international rankings.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom