What's new

India | Preparing for a 'two front war' against China & Pakistan.

He want me to post a single pic of Gen Niazi to stop his all utter non sense. Irony, its coming out of a national who has been defeated in 1948, 1965, 1971, 1984, 1999. The country that was made to broken into two pieces already and many more to come :D

i some time wonder what there 50 cent army guys do in actual life
images
:lol:

Moving the M777 production to India and building up to 1k of them? This is news to me!

India has been citing China as its number one enemy since some time now. India's defence ministers and chiefs of army staff have stated this many times that China is India's number one enemy. Despite new raisings for China, why is it that almost 80% of India's forces are deployed against Pakistan. This despite the Indian leaders who have also stated that India does not bother about Pakistan at all.

I personally think China's build up of infrastructure and troops on the border with India has two-fold primary benefits for China, both in building up much needed roads and rail links in these remote regions, and secondly, it preoccupies the Indian Government and its resources into spending more on defence, when money is actually more desperately needed on domestic infrastructure, hence China can influence (stunt) India's development just by posing the threat on the border.

You are probably asking, well aren't China using up resources on the border too? Which obviously they are, but the huge difference with China is that she can afford the build up. China is a far bigger economy, it's far more developed infrastructure-wise already, has far greater capacity and expertise in building large-scale infrastructure projects, so can build roads, rail and bridges far more efficiently and cost-effectively, and all necessary military hardware is almost exclusively made indigenously and at a fraction of the cost at which the Indian military spends on overpriced foreign weapons of similar capability.

China knows a strong military is based on a strong economy and if she can stifle India's economy by diverting money to expensive defence expenditure instead of improving India's industrial base and domestic infrastructure, then China can successfully hinder India without actually having to attack India. China are masters at this kind of strategizing but I think most Indian politicians are too short-sighted or maybe oblivious to China's ulterior motives in its border dispute. I'm guessing many Indian politicians do know but are happy to pander to popular public opinion and buy more warplanes and ships, as this makes the average Indian feel more safe, while officials are more than happy take their cut of weapons deals.

I don't think China has any intention of attacking India. China just has to make it look like she might. Of course, arming and supporting Pakistan further advances this cause too. This is just my personal view on how I see the ongoing border dispute.

The fact that Pakistan need China to help proves the state of the Pakistani mind. @Hafizzz demonstrates this obsession and denial well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think China's build up of infrastructure and troops on the border with India has two-fold primary benefits for China, both in building up much needed roads and rail links in these remote regions, and secondly, it preoccupies the Indian Government and its resources into spending more on defence, when money is actually more desperately needed on domestic infrastructure, hence China can influence (stunt) India's development just by posing the threat on the border.

You are probably asking, well aren't China using up resources on the border too? Which obviously they are, but the huge difference with China is that she can afford the build up. China is a far bigger economy, it's far more developed infrastructure-wise already, has far greater capacity and expertise in building large-scale infrastructure projects, so can build roads, rail and bridges far more efficiently and cost-effectively, and all necessary military hardware is almost exclusively made indigenously and at a fraction of the cost at which the Indian military spends on overpriced foreign weapons of similar capability.

China knows a strong military is based on a strong economy and if she can stifle India's economy by diverting money to expensive defence expenditure instead of improving India's industrial base and domestic infrastructure, then China can successfully hinder India without actually having to attack India. China are masters at this kind of strategizing but I think most Indian politicians are too short-sighted or maybe oblivious to China's ulterior motives in its border dispute. I'm guessing many Indian politicians do know but are happy to pander to popular public opinion and buy more warplanes and ships, as this makes the average Indian feel more safe, while officials are more than happy take their cut of weapons deals.

I don't think China has any intention of attacking India. China just has to make it look like she might. Of course, arming and supporting Pakistan further advances this cause too. This is just my personal view on how I see the ongoing border dispute.

That's right. We're playing for the long game.

And the long game is all about the economy.

It's not that simple. Look at military expenditure in three forms - salaries of the armed forces personnel, building up of infrastructure, and acquisition of weapons and platforms. The first one is not something India cannot afford - it's not like India is short of manpower, or that recruiting more soldiers will take away the labor force from doing something more productive. Because across the subcontinent, labor is cheap, and unemployment is high, so spending money on training people in the profession of soldiering, and paying their salaries is anyway better than distributing the money through welfare schemes.

About the second part, buildup of infrastructure. As China has shown, that can have a dual benefit, not only of building military capability, but also of improving the economy in many ways. Through direct employment, and through the resultant increase in productivity due to better infrastructure. The northeastern part of India is severely lacking in rail and road infra, and developing these will lead to a long term economic benefit for the region.

In developed countries, both the above aspects work differently. Labor is not available aplenty, so diverting the workforce to the military will harm the productivity. And there is already good civil infrastructure, so spending money for military bases will not bring any economic benefit. Both these points are not true for developing nations, and military spending can actually have economic and social benefits.

The third aspect is tricky. The one about procuring expensive weapons systems. If India continues to depend on imports, then there is a problem in that it is money that is going out of the country with no benefit to the people, other than defence. On the other hand, if we look at it as a blessing in disguise, and build up a good domestic military industrial complex, then that will also benefit our industries and economy in the long run. It was during and after the world wars that the USA became a superpower, and the biggest reason was the military industrial machine it built up.

Wow! Amazing bashing by Indians against Pakistanis and Chinese and the Chinese and Pakistanis bashing Indians. At first, I also thought of writing something to annoy Indians but whats the point. An argument will start and end with no conclusion.
Well in the short term it probably feels like that the enemy would get angry reading the post, but in the long term we Asians are really far behind the West and USA.
I wonder when will the time come that we will respect each others countries and will travel visa free and gain from each others knowledge and experiences. How long did it take Europe to finish fighting with each other? They now laugh at us.
Right now China, India and Pakistan trade with each other and that is a benefit, but imagine when we three become excellent friends what will it be then like. Now that does not mean stop making yourself military stronger, because we have other real enemies to ward off.
I am guessing that it wont happen during our lifetime but maybe the next generation will be smart enough to stop this animosity.
But right now, go on and keep on belittling each other as we humans are all petty and derive satisfaction in others miseries.

So I will go and have a go at indians now.

I think indians are full of it and scardy cats. All talk and no action. If you want to fight, then lets fight.

Was that good enough?

:frown:

You made good points here. I think China might be playing the same game but on a larger scale with the U.S. and Japan as well. Already the U.S. is talking about moving 60% of its military to Asia. But it's much easier for China to persue the anti-interference strategy than America's containment. It'd cost the U.S. many times more. Can Japan offord the standoff with China indefinitely?

The third aspect is tricky. The one about procuring expensive weapons systems. If India continues to depend on imports, then there is a problem in that it is money that is going out of the country with no benefit to the people, other than defence. On the other hand, if we look at it as a blessing in disguise, and build up a good domestic military industrial complex, then that will also benefit our industries and economy in the long run. It was during and after the world wars that the USA became a superpower, and the biggest reason was the military industrial machine it built up.

Building domestic military industry is very costly and takes tremendous political will. After all, we are talking billions and billions of dollars having to be invested after billions and billions having already been spent on foreign weapons. Being a democratic country, can your politicians take the pressure and follow it through?

You made good points here. I think China might be playing the same game but on a larger scale with the U.S. and Japan as well. Already the U.S. is talking about moving 60% of its military to Asia. But it's much easier for China to persue the anti-interference strategy than America's containment. It'd cost the U.S. many times more. Can Japan offord the standoff with China indefinitely?

Yes , Japan has superior technology then Chinese , especially in electronics, in future Chinese solders will be fighting Japanese robots.

if you are educated in warfare, you will realize that economy and industry is only one of the many important factors. there are a lot more such as terrain, manpower, strategic locations, tactical locations, will of the people of both countries and the territory being fought over, infrastructure, doctrine, culture, etc where india holds significant advantages in most areas

Back
Top Bottom