What's new

India PM says China wants foothold in South Asia

Poor Journalism Indeed, China is Ahead, agreed, but not much from India, that we are next to them in almost everything, and USA has Been Trying to pit India against China but India has never bowed to US Hegemony..... USA wants an ally in Asia, but choosing India is Unwise and Impractical :disagree:

Well. dude they are among the best strategists and they have chosen very, well.

If you are talking about India not bending then i think you are away from ground realities!!

India is stepping back from IPI project, a vital source for its energy needs. India says it has concerns from Pakistan on this issue but on the other hand India has accepted TAPI, which is Tajikistan-AFGHANISTAN-PAKISTAN-INDIA pipeline. Now where are the Pakistani concerns.

Other than that please check what terms & conditions are applied on your nuclear deal with US !! It has a kill switch like our F-16s!! It has put a full stop on India's further military development once it can contain China!!

These are the two examples floating on the surface but there are many under below the surface too.

Similarly, US tried to make hurdles for Grippen to an option for MMRCA contract in the name of leaking US tech, they are even controlling which options India should look on to. US is pushing Israel to prevent from transferring more goodies and tech to India.

Im not posting anything new, these are the things several times discussed on this forum, so Im not providing any links but if needed then you can google it!

Seems Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson is wiser than Indian PM

BEIJING: China on Tuesday underlined its role in South Asia, saying that as an "important member" of Asia it is willing to work with India for peace and stability in the sub-continent.

Seeking to downplay the purported remarks of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that Beijing "would like to have a foothold in South Asia," Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Jiang Yu said China is committed to safeguarding peace and stability of Asia, including South Asia.

"I would like to say that China is one of the important members of Asia and we are committed to safeguarding peace and stability of Asia, including South Asia, with other countries to seek common development and this is in the common interest of all of us," she told a media briefing here.

Her remarks came in response to a question on Singh's purported remarks in New Delhi on Monday.

Jiang also said China and India as emerging powers could work together for the common development of both the countries.

"China and India as neighbours and newly emerging powers, good neighbourliness and friendship in pursuit of common development serve the common interests of both the parties," she said.

"We are willing to see a peaceful, stable and prosperous South Asia and we are willing to work on the basis of the five principles of peaceful coexistence to work along with South Asian countries, including India, to develop good neighbourliness and cooperation," she said.

Read more: Willing to work with India for peace in South Asia: China - China - World - The Times of India Willing to work with India for peace in South Asia: China - China - World - The Times of India

if you are baised then surely it will seem so.But what the foreign ministry of China has said it seems is exactly what MMS said that China is looking for foothold in South Asia.

if you are baised then surely it will seem so.But what the foreign ministry of China has said it seems is exactly what MMS said that China is looking for foothold in South Asia.

Foothold for business/commercial purposes != establishment of military bases.

Foothold for business/commercial purposes != establishment of military bases.

Since both countries are into economic competition, I think that even 'foothold for business/commercial purposes' could be a concern. We can see MMS did not say anything further. It looks like some PDF members are just blowing his statements out of proportion.

:rofl: China is much ahead of INDIA. So much ahead that US is trying to undermine China by feeding India.

So only those are tried to be undermine who are ahead of you in something not the other way round

You should write about you own country rather than rattling over other's advancement and telling us their achievements. It would be appreciable for you if you list Pakistan's achievements. Please avoid unnecessary and uncalled and unwanted, weedy statements which contains 0 as the cardinal number.

The more sugar you add, the sweeter the tea becomes. Why don't they buy expensive goods? Do they have money?

If you buy cheaper goods, you should not expect quality. And cheaper goods are made in every country.

Buddy,I didnt say Chinese dont make good quality products, did I ? That was just a sarcastic comment over the remarks made by a member that "majority" of indians are Anti-china.

typical closed off mentality. Pakistan didn't ask india to donate. pakistan only accepted indian donations because obama said so.

its very frustrating to see indians using argumentum ad nauseam for everything, been taught to use invincible ignorance (search google invincible ignorance) when it comes to discussing something using intelligent reasoning such as true democracy for Kashmir, which is widely and categorically ignored because if properly applied, it would fall in favour of Pakistan. And everyone knows that (besides the ignorant who choose to ignore this obvious fact-in-the-face).

:rofl::rofl: what we say is argumentum ad mauseam and whatever you say is eternal truth, a fact/prophecy, wow!! And some people still think there is only one god.

And regarding true democracy, well I can only laugh. Its like George Bush and Osama preaching others non-violence.

As per the bold part, lets take a poll, and see if "everyone" in pakistan is more than in India (1 billion plus) :flame:

Just using some complex words (taken from google search) will not make you a wise man.

Poor Journalism Indeed, China is Ahead, agreed, but not much from India, that we are next to them in almost everything, and USA has Been Trying to pit India against China but India has never bowed to US Hegemony..... USA wants an ally in Asia, but choosing India is Unwise and Impractical :disagree:

Next to the Chinese in what? Population? I heard you guys are going to surpass them in that this decade, while their economy will still be more than quadruple yours...

Next to the Chinese in what? Population? I heard you guys are going to surpass them in that this decade, while their economy will still be more than quadruple yours...

Glad someone else pointed that out, if I did it, I'd be accused of flaming.

One interesting phenomenon to note --- when Indian officials visit China's neighbors such as Vietnam or South Korea, one never sees the Chinese government or media throw a fit. As a matter of fact, there is not even a comment. Just a few days ago Indian defence minister visited South Korea and signed a defence cooperation agreement. Chinese reaction? NONE. Imagining what will happen if the shoe is on the other foot?

One interesting phenomenon to note --- when Indian officials visit China's neighbors such as Vietnam or South Korea, one never sees the Chinese government or media throw a fit. As a matter of fact, there is not even a comment. Just a few days ago Indian defence minister visited South Korea and signed a defence cooperation agreement. Chinese reaction? NONE. Imagining what will happen if the shoe is on the other foot?

that may be because china has a highly controlled society....and apart from the official party spokesman there is no other indication as to what there reactions are.....in India's case as seen several times it is mostly the media with there panel of experts and analysts who tend to depict there own thoughts of peaceful ties or threatening gestures.....in fact going by recent incidents it is the Indian Government which goes out of the way to reassure the public about any unexpected provocation ....and reasserts that "bilateral ties are on track".......

AFAIK, General elections are still some years away and there is no threat to his position. You must understand, in India, democratically chosen govt is not overthrown by military generals. And regarding majority of Indians being anti-China, I assure you, even if it is true (which apparantly is not the case), it will be because the cheap chinese mobole phones that they have bought have stopped working within months of buying, not because of any diplomatic moves made by the Chinese govt.

Get your facts right. Indians are not anti-china, we are anti- "anti-Indians" though.

You must have forgotten to take you medication.

I do not understand why India's head of state would pull its citizens into this cycle of hatred by openly asking them to "be wary of the Chinese" when the issue at hand is clearly geopolitical -- something of the government's responsibility...

Because the reality is that Indian elected officials are public enemy of India. If they don't redirect the attention of Indian people, they'll be in bad position... they live on brewing hatred.

... And regarding majority of Indians being anti-China, I assure you, even if it is true (which apparantly is not the case), it will be because the cheap chinese mobole phones that they have bought have stopped working within months of buying, not because of any diplomatic moves made by the Chinese govt.

Your description of majority Indians appear to be much more foolish than we had expected... why can't they ditch the poor and cheap Chinese products, instead using good and expensive Indian products?

Do they really possess that low IQ?

Back
Top Bottom