What's new

India Plans to Launch 60 Space Missions

Each satellite counts as one "mission"? Intentional ambiguity between "launch" and "mission"? So in the OP, "12 launches per annum in the next five years" means 12 Launches or 12 missions? Or set out for "launches", use "missions" to fall back on?

It clearly says at least 12 space missions per year in the first sentence. That may or may not need 12 rocket launches....and some other rocket launches will be involved mostly for international missions too.

From the schedule I can see so far, many launches will be one mission per launch, so it could very well be a lot more space missions than 12 and 12 actual rocket launches.

Just sit back and watch.

It clearly says at least 12 space missions per year in the first sentence. That may or may not need 12 rocket launches....and some other rocket launches will be involved mostly for international missions too.

From the schedule I can see so far, many launches will be one mission per launch, so it could very well be a lot more space missions than 12 and 12 actual rocket launches.

Just sit back and watch.

I think I am not the only one who would take 1 mission=1 Launch. I just wish ISRO's announcement were more definitive by using No. of Launches+No of Satellites instead of confusing "Missions", just like everyone else in space launch business.

Anyway, best wishes for India's space program.

@Nilgiri
Each satellite counts as one "mission"? Intentional ambiguity between "launch" and "mission"? So in the OP, "12 launches per annum in the next five years" means 12 Launches or 12 missions? Or set out for "launches", use "missions" to fall back on?
12-18 launches per year starting from 2017, means if minimum value 12 is taken, then, launches from 2017 to 20= 48, some gonna be executed in 2016, and some rockets could carry multiple missions.

But don't worry, most of the launches gonna be for a dedicated mission at a time.

@Nilgiri

12-18 launches per year starting from 2017, means if minimum value 12 is taken, then, launches from 2017 to 20= 48, some gonna be executed in 2016, and some rockets could carry multiple missions.

But don't worry, most of the launches gonna be for a dedicated mission at a time.

@Nilgiri See what ISRO did? :partay:

@Dungeness I guess you wanna say will do.
:partay:

You are just as confused as I am, thanks to ISRO's unique definition of "mission".

If you mean 12 launches=12 rockets per year, there is no way ISRO can do it in 2017, maybe feasible in 2020;

If you mean 12 launches=12 missions=12 satellites, it will be very easy, ISRO can even do it with 1 rocket.

If you mean 12 launches=12 rockets per year, there is no way ISRO can do it in 2017, maybe feasible in 2020
No, it's easily possible. Two launches will occur alone in March. And now let me tell you how it will happen.
Problem:1. ISRO has capacity of building 1 satellite in 1-3 months in current facility.[/B]
2. ISRO can assemble one rocket two weeks.
Solution: 1. ISRO has not only built not only more satellite assembly chambers but transferred tech to private companies.
Now, they build satellites for ISRO and time taken is reduced.
2. ISRO has made a second assembly building for PSLV and bow, the composites of PSLV will be made by companies.
ISRO will have to only assemble them for launch.

Moreover, they will close to 100% privatize PSLV by 2020 and private companies will conduct launches of satellites and missions.
ISRO will only study and research the space.
It is the same model that NASA does.
I told you, you can go for links in main thread Indian Space Capabilities.
There I have posted complete reference with links.

You are just as confused as I am, thanks to ISRO's unique definition of "mission".

If you mean 12 launches=12 rockets per year, there is no way ISRO can do it in 2017, maybe feasible in 2020;

If you mean 12 launches=12 missions=12 satellites, it will be very easy, ISRO can even do it with 1 rocket.

You are too caught up about the numbers. The quality of the missions is what will matter.

You are too caught up about the numbers. The quality of the missions is what will matter.
Private Companies will build satellites and rockets composites and ISRO will have only to assemble them. So, quality isn't affected. It is same as NASA and CNSA do.

ISRO counts each satellite as a separate mission.
Nope Nasa does the same. A mission is not the same as a launch.
ISRO will conduct 12 launches an year from 2017 to 2020 and upto 18 launches from 2020.
And I have explained before how it gonna happen because most of launches scheduled are dedicated for special purposes currently.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom