What's new

India plans to invest $3b in Bangladesh.

whats going on between BD and India? your relationship is not as bad as Vietnam and China in which had some ugly war between them not too long ago, but yet the people of Vietnam know best money is money, tech is tech, and China corps. got money and tech to be invested in Vietnam and the Vietnamese accept the investment with welcome arms albeit some minor riot anti-Chinese happened but all contained.

Another example is between Indonesia and Malaysia albeit some minor conflict happened but that doesnt prevent trade and investment for the both Countries to flourish and Malaysia is second larger investor country to Indonesia last year.

Came on those Companies invest in Bd is for business, not for charity or some conspiracies hidden agenda. If Bd doesnt have any growth at all does companies must look the chance to invest their money and capital elsewhere

whats going on between BD and India? your relationship is not as bad as Vietnam and China in which had some ugly war between them not too long ago, but yet the people of Vietnam know best money is money, tech is tech, and China corps. got money and tech to be invested in Vietnam and the Vietnamese accept the investment with welcome arms albeit some minor riot anti-Chinese happened but all contained.

Another example is between Indonesia and Malaysia albeit some minor conflict happened but that doesnt prevent trade and investment for the both Countries to flourish and Malaysia is second larger investor country to Indonesia last year.

Came on those Companies invest in Bd is for business, not for charity or some conspiracies hidden agenda. If Bd doesnt have any growth at all does companies must look the chance to invest their money and capital elsewhere
You have no clue about indian company. They never invest from their own pocket neither they have the money.

You have no clue about indian company. They never invest from their own pocket neither they have the money.

before posting bs, you should know there are companies in India, whose annual revenues are larger then your entire country GDP. I have never seen such arrogance from entire lot of people, if people like you make up to government elite, then certainly the entire country will be doomed.

Last edited:

There is a historical reason behind this hostility. During colonial era, everywhere Europe went they played divide and rule game. What you are watching is an aftermath of the game.

In Bengal after dethroning Bengal Nawab Siraj Ud Daula in 1757, They found out that the Muslim elites are not trustworthy which manifested in conflicts like battle of Bauxaar 1764( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Buxar) . Naturally the Muslim elites who used to rule the kingdom was trying to regain their former position, So the British East India Company strengthened the position of local Hindus as a buffer group between them and the Muslims, This in turn made Muslims hostile to the Hindus that Surrounded British colonial masters.

The new social order in next century 1800-1900 turned Hindus into the elites of the society in the form of landlords, Tax Collectors, Civil Service employee , Intellectuals and so on. On the other hand, The Bengali Muslims who rejected to not co-operate on many level such as not learning English slowly turned into an agrarian society with getting madrasa based religious education only.

By 1900 most of the Jamindars / landlords of East Bengal or Present Day Bangladesh turned out to be Hindus residing in Kolkata. In most cases the land was switched to upstart Hindus from respected local Muslim landlords. One famous example is Rabindranath Tagore who was a jaminder in the Kushtia region , But Before the arrival of British, they used to be priests of a Kolkata based fishermen society.

This increased the communal divide. But By 1860-1900s Subcontinental Muslim leaders were working for change, they were encouraging western education. And More and More Muslim scholars started to show-up and by 1900 a group of Muslim intelligentsia began mobilizing Muslim masses.

The idea of Pakistan originally started here in Dhaka in 1905. The Bengali Muslims realized that they and Hindus are different nation and in order to prosper they required to get away from Hindus. Because Hindus turned elite in the expense of Muslims, It is natural that they will try to prevent reversing the situation. This gave birth to the famous Partition situation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_Bengal_(1905)

By 1935 Muslims had the upper-hand on their Hindu counterparts. They were finally educated, had visionary powerful leaders and were majority ( due to being agrarian in the last century there was a population bloom).

Then in 1947 during the Partition of India, It was the turn of the Hindus to play the similar role that The Muslims tried to play in 1905. The Hindus simply knew the Muslims being the Majority will forever rule Bengal ( As 3 Muslim leaders were elected premier from 1936 to 1947), they opted for divided Bengal.

Anyway due to the West Pakistani activities , This anti Hindu feeling disappeared or simply lost importance, But It is always present and will remain for a time. Note that an important segment of both society doesnt care about this religion crap, but they are still minority.

Vietnamese have much confidence in themselves....and underwent a thorough education-based development.

BD....less said the better.

This lying high commissioner should be outed for spreading these outright lies.

All Banya Dhokeybaaj Indian companies, every single one of them. All making low-quality garbage Indian goods in Bangladesh to sell locally with minimal cash or investments made here. Often the local investment is made only by local distributor. I have no idea of how the Investment Bureau allows these faaltu companies to come in, such investments should not be allowed in the first place. It hurts local businesses. No export to India whatsoever whem that should be the first condition. If we can't export, they should shut these idiots down and tell them to hightail it back to India.

Marico - Making Parachute coconut oil and soaps to sell locally. Poisoning rivers at the same time.
CEAT - Making Tyres in cahoots with Ak khan companies. Probably the worst quality tyres sold locally.
Tata Motors - Making trucks/bus chassis in cahoots with NITOL motors (universally known Indian agent)
Godrej - I don't know WTF they produce, probably the toxic hair coloring they sell in India, now available for your gleeful early demise in Bangladesh.
Sun Pharma - Trying to compete with local Pharma companies on exports with cheap imported Indian API formulations.
Asian Paints - Another polluter, selling hazardous outdated paint formulations locally, considered too toxic/risky in any other country, taking advantage of our lax Env. Laws and enforcements.

Fat chance of that happening, as evidenced in the last four decades!

This is the only one I support. Our CAREW Whisky products have been historically top notch. Sell it!
How about substantiating a sigle claim with reference, I did not recall you of trolling, but this does seem like it.

That's what I've been trying to explain.

Indian companies will typically set up a false-front 'nothing' manufacturing operation - typically heavily manual retro FMCG product re-packaging operation, in a new country (in this case Bangladesh), gain the confidence of local investors, then in a matter of a few years float a listing in the local stock market, which is many times overvalued than any pithy investment they have made locally.

Once coast is clear, they will take all the money and transfer it to some offshore fund-haven in Panama or Singapore. Local investors will be left holding the bag.

This is a pattern that has been seen dozens of times in India itself. I am just too tired of 'slow' people who don't get it and question me like a retard. I wish these slow people would become the 'receiver' of these dhokeybaazi, so they can see what it feels like.

MARICO and many other Indian FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) companies operating in Bangladesh are all of this pattern. Bangladesh should ban all foreign FMCG investments in Bangladesh, we don't need them. They hardly add value and don't contribute to our export basket at all. Waste of money and hurts local businesses to boot.

To some who have dragged this down to a religious level - I say don't. There is no connection to religion here. Indians themselves are aware of how shady some of their companies are. The only people who are cheering these investments in Bangladesh are the Sanghis knowing the end result.

before posting bs, you should know there are companies in India, whose annual revenues are larger then your entire country GDP. I have never seen such arrogance from entire lot of people, if people like you make up to government elite, then certainly the entire country will be doomed.

Before boasting of these sky high revenue - try to invest some of it to improve healthcare in your nation (yes I am talking restrooms and some training to use those).

Before boasting of these sky high revenue - try to invest some of it to improve healthcare in your nation (yes I am talking restrooms and some training to use those).

Definitely beats investing chump change into BBS to produce fake mortality data...and chest thump about not being a LDC.

How about substantiating a sigle claim with reference, I did not recall you of trolling, but this does seem like it.

Bhaisaab you have to come to Bangladesh to see how shady Indian companies operate. My so-called 'tirade' has less to do with Indians themselves - rather than what we allow in Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom