What's new

India plans rail route through Bangladesh to connect 2 states

this seems nothing to do with Hindutva. it seems as if you're using it as a codeword for Hindu or India. try to do better.
This Taliban @mb4444 pretends, but has zero knowledge on technical matters. So, please forgive him if he blames India for BD's problem that BD itself cannot solve and then this @mb4444 starts blaming Hindutva.

After all, he is a Taliban with two English flags. Taliban @mb444, say something on the VD-India rail line instead of hiding behind Teesta issue or Hinduvta. Read the title of the news.

Hindutva is fascism and is bad for everyone.
What the hell does it have to do with anything about rail route? China is equally fascist in its treatment of Muslims and you will not bat an eye on its plans in BD.

What the hell does it have to do with anything about rail route? China is equally fascist in its treatment of Muslims and you will not bat an eye on its plans in BD.
china is on another side of the world, different culture, different language, a whole new race
you on the other hand are their neighbors :coffee: , I hope you realize why Mexicans will be more concerned about US or Nicaragua than Japan or China

china is on another side of the world, different culture, different language, a whole new race
you on the other hand are their neighbors :coffee: , I hope you realize why Mexicans will be more concerned about US or Nicaragua than Japan or China
Fair point. But then the issue is proximity of India than any kind of popular movement there. India is going to remain a threat either way because it so big and so near.

The decision to allow India to use Bangladeshi road/rail routes is entirely up to Bangladeshi govt. and they have not taken any decision on the matter. They know that the issue is very controversial and India essentially wants to pay next to nothing (or even nothing) to use Bangladeshi infra, foregoing all International norms.

If someone asks me, I am of the opinion that Indian cargo have to containerized and only Bangladeshi truckers be allowed to carry the containers. The trans-shipment fee (transit fee) through Bangladesh has to be per international norms (EU norms).

Above all, Bangladeshi exportable containers will need to get priority above Indian ones, if at all allowed.

During trials a few years ago, Indian containers were prioritized during loading and unloading, and there was huge media outcry locally.

This is a very politically charged issue, as Awami League is already observed as a "sellout" to Modi Govt. in India.

India should play by our rules when using our infra, and not vice versa.

this seems nothing to do with Hindutva. it seems as if you're using it as a codeword for Hindu or India. try to do better.
BD is 9% Hindu. We are not stupid.
The ire is directed towards Hindutva types i.e., extremist Hindus.
Hindutva crowd runs Indian govt now - no codeword required.

Tf is this thread, why are people so rude here
Please do not confuse the rowdiness for any hatred towards regular Indians.
The rowdiness is a natural reaction to persistent lopsided and exploitive attitude of the Indian establishment towards BD.
Most Indians have no clue about the evil of their establishment hence they are often shocked to see hatred of Bangladeshis towards India. The ball is in Indian court - starting with resolving Teesta water sharing issue.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice your flags - thought you were Indian. Anyway, my above message is for sane Indians.

Last edited:

Nope...just calling a islamaphobic hindutva what he is based on his racist utterings.

No lazy genaralisation is being employed en masse, it is targeted at a specific clown over multiple treads for general entertainment.

Long Live India Bangladesh friendship! :cheers:

We are strategic allies my friend..... It would be a great deal for both countries.... Like Euro we are connected with each other..... I would love to visit Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Tripura by crossing entire beautiful Bangladesh in train 🚂

Bangladesh will become a connecting point between the two Indian states with the construction of this second rail route. As of now, there is only one route that connects the Northeast with the rest of India. It passes through New Jalpaiguri, New Cooch Behar, New Alipurduar and enters Assam.
So, the question remains to be answered if these rail routes really benefit Bangladesh. So-called friendship alone should not be cited as a reason to provide such a service by BD.

How about asking the GoI to provide railway links between BD and Pakistan, in exchange? Or, to China from BD via Indian NE?

The Indian government is planning to build a railway through Bangladesh to connect its northeastern state of Meghalaya with the rest of the country.
ব্যাটা ইন্ডিয়া বারেবারে মামার বাড়ির আবদার করস ক্যান? দ্যাশ কি তোর বাপের নাকি? ব্যাটা বেশরম ইন্ডিয়া!!

Back
Top Bottom