What's new

India outraged over Kalam frisking

It is a simple matter of media exposure. Right or wrong, a U.S. President like Bush gets a lot more exposure than an ex-President of India. If it is a matter of face recognition, I'm sorry, I wouldn't have recognized him either. Does every Indian recognize the President or Prime Minister of every nation? These are TSA people, not MIT graduates or NASA engineers.

Words like OUTRAGEOUS, UNTHINKABLE, are a bit over the top, wouldn't you say? There has already been a massive written apology. What more does India want? We could cede Guam to India, I guess.

Much ado about very little.

In my opinion,
No sir , Bush needs to frisked properly then you Americans will understand that you have to give respect to others also in order to take respect.

It is a simple matter of media exposure. Right or wrong, a U.S. President like Bush gets a lot more exposure than an ex-President of India. If it is a matter of face recognition, I'm sorry, I wouldn't have recognized him either. Does every Indian recognize the President or Prime Minister of every nation? These are TSA people, not MIT graduates or NASA engineers.

Words like OUTRAGEOUS, UNTHINKABLE, are a bit over the top, wouldn't you say? There has already been a massive written apology. What more does India want? We could cede Guam to India, I guess.

Much ado about very little.

I do understand the TSAs are not exactly the paragons of courtesy, intelligence or even basic common sense but do you even realize that he was 'searched' inspite of his security retinue and Air India officials insisting and letting the ignorant TSAs know that he is our ex-President ?

Your excuse does not fly here. He was 'searched' inspite it was made abundantly clear to the TSAs that he was the ex-President of India.They (TSAs) just wanted to 'show' (off) their power.

And why this reaction ? Simply because he is the most loved ex-President till date.

p.s.:- Guam ? nah! ... Diego Garcia would do fine.

Dude he is 80 year old man.....how dumb you can get.....

No longer this should be tolerated, this is not the first time APJ is getting frisked, its the second time and this time it can not be termed as frisking but insulting a Elderly man who has represented our nation around the world.
As CPI leader Prakash Karat said India should also do what the Americans do to us. check their diplomats and make a mocary of what they do to us, so that they will feel embarased.

Though it is a national procedure, I don't think Dr. Kalam should be frisked. He's wayyy above that level to be frisked.

Guys, cool down. They've already apologised in writing. We should forgive someone who's sorry and asking for apology. Move on.

Some massively ignorant agents there.

I know its not deliberate but it is foolish nonetheless.

It was deliberate. The AI staff apparently made it very clear that the man is the ex-president of India...Arrogant racist pricks...

Some of them are just a bunch of idiots.

They just do what they are told and can't really apply their mind.

It was deliberate. The AI staff apparently made it very clear that the man is the ex-president of India...Arrogant racist pricks...

Taking the p*ss. They knew what they were doing - and continued. They are racist

I don't know about you but an ex president of India gets frisked by foreigners or anyone pisses me off. Especially some one as intelligent as Kalam.
If Kalam wanted to take over plane he would have done by only thinking so. Hes a freaking rocket sciencetest. How many PHDs does this guy have?
Hes more qualified to run the air lines than blow them up.

did the indians inform the airport authorities that ex-prez would be arriving; was there a protocol there to receive him and brief the airport in advance about his arrival?

I don't care who gets frisked and cavity searched, frisk the queen of England, the Pope and Obama. All I care about is the aircraft I'm on arriving safely at its destination. I've learnt long ago to check in my ego along with my luggage when getting on an airplane.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom