What's new

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

"Hinduon ki zahaniyat hi aisi hai" is this not an abuse???? don't u feel bad when Muslims are generalized?

lol that aint an abuse.......

just a perception & perceptions differ from facts, just like the the 'perception about Muslims'

Last edited:
It is not an abuse but it is an insult caused by mass generalization. It's like Dean Jones calling Hashim Amla a terrorist because Amla is a beard sporting Muslim. Result: Jones lost his job even after apologizing.

It is not an abuse but it is an insult caused by mass generalization. It's like Dean Jones calling Hashim Amla a terrorist because Amla is a beard sporting Muslim. Result: Jones lost his job even after apologizing.

1st it was a abuse now its an insult, ohh BTW word 'insult' reminds me of Topic of the thread :coffee:
ok so IF Pakistanis are allowed in IPL then puhlzzz Ban Sohail Tanvir

lol that aint an abuse.......

just a perception & perceptions differ from facts, just like the the 'perception about Muslims'

Emo, I think both of us would agree that almost all of our utterances are based on perceptions. By that logic, we shouldn't care about anything that anybody says, coz its just based on perception.

Sohail Tanvir is a respected public figure. He should have been more cautious sharing his 'personal' views on national television. Are you aware of the controversy over Sehwag's comments recently? Imagine the brouhaha a similar statement about Muslims by any Indian cricketer. Pakistanis on this forum would have been up in arms saying how this is the true face of an Indian.

And I am not even going into the fallacity of his views. We can have a whole thread on that.

Now that Chargers are about to sign in Razzaq, can we call this 'Pakistaniyo ki zahaniyat'. First put up a show of bravado, complete with chest thumping and shrill battle cries, and then meekly surrender to those, 'cow-piss drinking', 'daal eating', 'veg munching', 'dhoti wearing' 'evil' Hindu 'banyias'. :lol:

These Pak players are not only making a clown out of themselves, they are making all those people who rallied around them in their moment of humiliation, look like fools.

Talk when they play in IPL 3 until than go and hide. I happy to see many Indians did not liked what happen with IPL drama and most of use would like to live in peace.

Emo, I think both of us would agree that almost all of our utterances are based on perceptions. By that logic, we shouldn't care about anything that anybody says, coz its just based on perception.

Sohail Tanvir is a respected public figure. He should have been more cautious sharing his 'personal' views on national television. Are you aware of the controversy over Sehwag's comments recently? Imagine the brouhaha a similar statement about Muslims by any Indian cricketer. Pakistanis on this forum would have been up in arms saying how this is the true face of an Indian.

And I am not even going into the fallacity of his views. We can have a whole thread on that.

ahhh excuse me

Forget about cricketers, we have got Super Duper His Highness the COAS of Glorious Unbeatable Indian Army

Mr Sohail is after all cricketer

Last edited:
Regarding Razzaq, it should be noted that he has sustained a hand injury, lol do the Chargers know that he really may not be available to play? Could be a trick to invite the injured player then bench him for the entire game.

Well it is sources close to Razzak who say that he has reached an agreement with the Chargers. However, here is the official statement :

Confusion over Razzaq's IPL participation

Karachi/Hyderabad: Confusion reigned supreme over Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq's partcipation in this year's Indian Premier League as Deccan Chargers denied signing him amid reports that the player has been roped in as a substitute.

The former Indian Cricket League recruit was reportedly signed up by the Chargers as a replacement for injured West Indian pacer Fidel Edwards but the franchise denied the reports. "We don't have a slot and I am denying it," said Venkat Reddy, Vice President (Operations) Deccan Chargers,

IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said DC just doesn’t have any money left with them to rope in a new player. "Currently, only Rajasthan Royals can have a slot. Deccan Chargers don't have any money. Only way to bring a new player is through injury replacement. But for that, the IPL governing has to be convinced that the injured player won't come back for even a single match," Modi said.

Earlier, sources close to Razzaq said the veteran all-rounder and Chargers had reached an agreement. "The contract has been finalised and it should be announced soon," one source said. Flamboyant all-rounder Shahid Afridi had appeared for the Chargers in the first IPL season in 2008.

After being snubbed at the auction, Pakistani cricketers had alleged that they were deliberately humiliated by the IPL franchises, a charge that later snowballed into a political controversy.

Pakistan's minister Ejaz Jakhrani even called on the Indian government to hold an inquiry into the IPL's conduct in the matter. Indian sports minister M S Gill yesterday said the IPL had faulted and he would like to see Pakistani players in action in the coming season.

When contacted Razzaq refused to confirm the story but said he has got an offer to play in the IPL this year. "At the moment I don't want to say anything but yes the Kolkata Knight Riders had given me a contract offer through which I got a visa and then they backed out insisting I would have to appear in the players auction list," Razzaq said.

IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said after the players auction fiasco that franchises could play Pakistanis as substitutes in the coming season if they replaced a foreign signing.

Sohail Tanvir : "Hinduon ki zahaniyat hi aisi hai"

iss suwar ki India me khelneki aukaat hi nahi he jo deemagse itna rigid he.

Well, that is not a nice comment from Sohail if indeed he has said such a thing (i cannot see the video due to restrictions), he should direct his criticism at those who gave him assurances of being selected, instead of passing a generic remark which is in very bad taste.

However my friend you need not start such name calling because every day i hear all sorts of perceptions being thrown here and there on this forum about how all Pakistani or Indians think like that or like this...thinking is part of mentality and that is what is called Zahniyat...
this is no different than such uneducated comments we hear daily on this forum...comments which people like me hope and pray are going to become uncommon in the coming decades, if sense prevails.

Does not mean we answer such things with insults, better yet just calmly call this as an unfair statement and move on.

Regarding the IPL issue, it is India's league so their decision, however the snub has been felt by Pakistanis and probably would best have been avoided to make environment more tolerable (like on this forum :lol:)
The issue is that India instead of openly saying it has an issue with Pakistanis has instead projected that they were not selected in the auction because the teams did not want to sign them up...keeping in mind the quality of Pakistan T20 team...that is a real bad way to cover up and is indeed something which i cannot digest.
The world champions Pakistan have got brilliant T20 players in their ranks...i cannot believe this part about them not making it in the draft without any general boycott or GOI telling the IPL that they cannot allow such a draft due to conditions XYZ...this is not possible in my humble opinion as a cricket follower.

Cricket diplomacy works and should have been continued...other than that it has no significant impact on the quality of T20 cricket in Pakistan and does not make my life any less bright.

ahhh excuse me

Forget about cricketers, we have got Super Duper His Highness the COAS of Glorious Unbeatable Indian Army

Mr Sohail is after all cricketer

You are taking this to another direction now. Gen. Kapoor's comments have been discussed to death in other threads so I will reserve my comments. Even though he didn't make a derogatory remark about a country's people or any community in particular.

And that's again a weak defense of Sohail Tanvir. Saying that your general did the same or he's just a cricketer doesn't absolve him of his utterances. I just wonder what Pakistani Hindus would have been feeling about his statements. Pity we don't have a Pakistani Hindu/Sikh on this forum.

You are taking this to another direction now. Gen. Kapoor's comments have been discussed to death in other threads so I will reserve my comments. Even though he didn't make a derogatory remark about a country's people or any community in particular.

And that's again a weak defense of Sohail Tanvir. Saying that your general did the same or he's just a cricketer doesn't absolve him of his utterances. I just wonder what Pakistani Hindus would have been feeling about his statements. Pity we don't have a Pakistani Hindu/Sikh on this forum.

well said bro...

tumre IPL ka best player that us ke team sirf Sohail ke waja se jeete the....

I am pretty sure you did not watched IPL1 Yusuf Pathan (the Indian) played the key role in winning. He was good but not the only one, also an Australian allrounder played brilliantly. It was team effort and good captaincy by Shane Warne.

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

Bottom line is, Pakistani (players or otherwise) are not invited in IPL. There is no point in crying over their safety.

Back
Top Bottom