What's new

India need a favour from Pak

EjazR

Reaction score
The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Sports | India need a favour from Pak

Calcutta: If India win all their matches in the tri-nation tournament in Bangladesh, which starts Monday, and Pakistan win their five-match series against Australia handsomely, Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s team will rise to the top of the Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Championship table.

India, who are already in possession of the coveted Mace for being the world No.1 in Test cricket, could add the ODI Shield to the trophy cabinet by the end of January, according to an International Cricket Council release on Sunday.

But India’s title win in Bangladesh would not be enough. Pakistan will have to beat Ricky Ponting’s men by a margin of 4-1 or worse to knock the Aussies off the top spot.

Rankings

1. Australia (130); 2. India (123); 3. South Africa (119); 4. New Zealand (112); 5. England (109); 6. Pakistan (108); 7. Sri Lanka (105); 8. West Indies (76); 9. Bangladesh (55); 10. Zimbabwe (26); 11. Ireland (25); 12. Kenya (2).

Wada tera wada :D Who has made promises this time? Yoo guys, Indian Media has got new opportunity to tarnish their image even more.

Same story.

If it is a stage qualification round or a position occupancy, teams do look towards each other.

Like as mentioned by emo_girl, India was thrown out of ICC Champions Trophy when Aus. defeated Pak.

I hope this won't happen this time.

KIT Out

Last edited:
20 20 World cup.

I would be watching few matches so lets see what can we do to Aussies.

our squad is giving the aussies a run for their money at test 2 in sydney. Good batting performance today. Quite frankly, test cricket kind of bores me. But we need our squad to get the experience for it, as they can sometimes get impatient and treat it as power play sessions like what happened earlier during test one debacle. Bowling got sloppy at times but day one of test two proved that we can handle the aussies just fine. Gotta be used to that pitch, especially with damp weather. I'm waiting impatiently for the odi + upcoming t20. Afridi is already in ozzie land preparing. :) :)

Last edited:
We lost to a weakened Aussie team at home :angry: cannot live on favors to be # 1 :)

Well, the bottom line is NOT POSSIBLE

1. India can not win all matches ( SL may snatch atleast one from us)
2. Pak can not win all 5 matches in Aus.

Hence, just some statistician's dream

India is a much better test team than Australia atm, so we deserve the no-1 in test, on the other hand in ODIs, we don't. Australia is a better side in ODIs and I think they will beat Pakistan in ODIs. Can't say anything about the tests. If Pakistan plays sensible cricket, they have a good chance to beat the Aussies.

What a crap........
I think people will think wrong from now; for why i am cheering for pakistan at SCG.
Not good Not good

I always cheer for Pakistan except when they come up against India. Right now my bets are on Pakistan against Oz. Can't wait for Afridi to come in :D

Back
Top Bottom