What's new

India nears catapult decision for second indigenous carrier

No that's not it. Reporting of Indian defence articles goes into details of what kind of weapons systems, sub conponents, launch systems will be used. That's quite open.

And how can I enjoy knowing a hegemonist power always up to no good is building 2 AC.:undecided: Its a cause of concern for all the freedom and peace loving people of the subcontinent. :)

As we have repeatedly pointed out, stuff like aircraft carriers will not be used against Bangladesh. It will be the BSF that will be tasked with conquering your country, if anybody feels it worth their time to do so. So you may put your mind at ease about 60,000 tonne carriers.

About defence reporting, whatever is reported in the Indian media is done by the media of every free and open democracy. The ministry of defence is answerable and accountable to the people, as long as they don't publish classified info. Information like what systems we purchase can never be classified info - how would we open up tenders for purchase, and expect nobody to know about it?

You can also read about most of the planned acquisitions of the armed forces of the USA or any country of western Europe. Investors invest in companies like boeing and Northrop after knowing who is going to produce what. Everybody needs information, whether it is businessmen or engineers or workers, because it is society that makes and pays for the stuff. So yes, India is a very open society, but then most free democracies are. Not all big nations behave like your esteemed china.

You may note that none of this info threatens national security from an operational perspective.

No that's not it. Reporting of Indian defence articles goes into details of what kind of weapons systems, sub conponents, launch systems will be used. That's quite open.

And how can I enjoy knowing a hegemonist power always up to no good is building 2 AC.:undecided: Its a cause of concern for all the freedom and peace loving people of the subcontinent. :)

You have more to worry of China's hegemony than anyone else's.

How come defence related news of India gets leaked years ahead in their domestic & intl. media. Aren't these things suppose to be secretive. :lol:

Not all the news have to be secret, infact that's the difference when you have a democracy, the public has a right to know what the government is doing, therefor even the MoD has to show what they do with taxpayers money and will be taken responsible for wasting through CAG reports too.
A free media has to report about such things and have to find problems and wastings too, so nothing wrong in MoD reporting publically, or the media reporting about the things they found out.

largest or second largest economy by 2055-60, 2025-30, Navy-India's agenda goes beyond the IOR..... ahha ahha ahha

Going and projecting power are different things. Indian cargo ships can travel to 7 seas today.

Bangladesh is proud about Making underwears for European markets!!!

10 yrs? are u sure? If I were u I'd be saying so more cautiously. Per my observation, Indians always chirp loud but no egg laid.

Are you frightened. :cheesy:

10 yrs? are u sure? If I were u I'd be saying so more cautiously. Per my observation, Indians always chirp loud but no egg laid.

It's because India's defense build up is for public consumption, not for actual fighting capability. That is why no need to build anything if the press cannot brag about it for 10 years. If its a joint venture that happen to be successful, the press would treat the joint venture like its LM and try to export it products every where. Shamelessly ignore that they are not even the main technical contributor.

When something does come around u people are the ones "chirping" around comparing with our products.
Well doubt all you want Navy is one area that performs on a daily basis, only 2 days ago there were a few more inductions.
Unlike China which had had Carriers since 1985 and still not attempted a carrier, we have so do keep ur condescension to urself.

It's because India's defense build up is for public consumption, not for actual fighting capability. That is why no need to build anything if the press cannot brag about it for 10 years. If its a joint venture that happen to be successful, the press would treat the joint venture like its LM and try to export it products every where. Shamelessly ignore that they are not even the main technical contributor.

Indian products regardless of the media hullabaloo have performed extensively, it is the army, navy and the airforce that changes its requirements on a daily basis that puts the strain on development.
You seem to not like the fact that we Indians like to brag but that doesn't change the fact that the products are any less lethal than they are shown to be, unfortunately for u, that will only remain a dumb hope.
Do name a few JVs in which India is not the main contributor?

you are talking too much son , you so called carrier took 12 year to get ready and other 6 month when flight test started , so watch you own house first,:wave:

1985 - 2012 27 YEARS~~~~~:cheesy: China planning Commision Zindabad :china:

(For Just REfit!)

I think that the Chinese Guy is not quite aware that India was not one country in the political sense but in the broader cultural sense.

Back
Top Bottom