What's new

India nearly ready with air-to-land supersonic cruise missile

Russia may not want to violate MTCR over here.

Anyways, more than Brahmos, it's the Shaurya missile that I think has a great future in the Indian military.

Shourya Missile is Hypersonic Isnt it???? with a range of 750+ km.. It sure has a future

Shourya Missile is Hypersonic Isnt it???? with a range of 750+ km.. It sure has a future

It can go up to 1900 km apparently.

Put the Shaurya missile on a submarine, and you will have a serious amount of killing-power. :tup:

Hypersonic missiles are the future.

Shaurya missile was revealed to be designed specifically to be fired from submarines. Top DRDO scientist has confirmed this and said that this missile after taking off and reaching a height of about 50 kms will start flying like a Hypersonic cruise missile. Once it reaches the target areas it maneuvers towards the target before striking with an accuracy of 20 to 30 m within the target area.

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3634496

Last edited:
The official range of Brahmos is 290 km but i bet in realty much more than that.

Can we extend range of Brahmos with the help of Russia(back door)??

We can if we want to -- I had read reports about the range being restricted only by its software and the fact that Russia doesnt want violate MTCR.

However if we do want extend it -- then we have to give it another name and claim that it was developed by us with due credit to Russia. The way we did with Swordfish.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom