What's new

India moves Kashmiri Village Leaders (BJP) to Safety...

masterchief_mirza

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...s-to-safety-after-wave-of-attacks/ar-BB17Gxsv

India moves Kashmiri village leaders to safety after wave of attacks
By Fayaz Bukhari

13 hrs ago

BB17GGFK.img
© Reuters/Danish IsmailFILE PHOTO: An Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer stands guard at a post during curfew ahead of the first anniversary of the revocation of Kashmir's autonomy, in Srinagar

By Fayaz Bukhari

SRINAGAR, India (Reuters) - India has shifted scores of village and municipality leaders, mostly from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling party, to secure locations in Kashmir after a spate of militant attacks, police and two security officials said on Friday.

BB17GGFR.img
© Reuters/Danish IsmailFILE PHOTO: An Indian Central Reserve Police Force officer patrols on an empty street during a lockdown on the first anniversary of the revocation of Kashmir's autonomy in Srinagar
Separatists fighting Indian rule in the disputed region have stepped up attacks on lower level politicians, many of whom do not have personal security guards, in recent weeks.

"It is a temporary arrangement," Kashmir valley's police chief Vijay Kumar told Reuters. "We will devise a strategy to provide security to those who are vulnerable."

Two security officials, asking not to be named, said that around 500 politicians had been moved since Thursday, after militants shot dead a village council leader from the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in southern Kashmir.

Many of those under protection have been housed in hotels and government buildings guarded by paramilitary troops, one official said. "We don't want to take any chances," he said.

Sofi Yousuf, a BJP vice-president in Kashmir, said that his colleagues were being targeted to prevent the party from expanding in the Himalayan region, where insurgents have waged war against New Delhi since the late 1980s.

"They want to create a fear psychosis on the ground," Yousuf said.

The federal government has been trying to promote political activities since it revoked Kashmir's special status in an attempt to draw it closer to the rest of the country.

But the loss of special privileges stoked anger across the region and this week authorities imposed a strict lockdown on the first anniversary of that decision.

Underlining the difficulties the government faces in restoring normalcy to Kashmir, around a dozen BJP members resigned from the party this week, fearing militant attacks.

(Writing by Devjyot Ghoshal; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani and Barbara Lewis)

More on MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...s-to-safety-after-wave-of-attacks/ar-BB17Gxsv

WeatherCoronavirus NewsElection 2020EntertainmentSportsMoneyLifestyleShoppingHealth & FitnessFood & DrinkTravelAutosVideoKids
View attachment 659595

msn
Quick access to your favorite news and entertainment content.

By Fayaz Bukhari

13 hrs ago

BB17GGFK.img
© Reuters/Danish IsmailFILE PHOTO: An Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officer stands guard at a post during curfew ahead of the first anniversary of the revocation of Kashmir's autonomy, in Srinagar

By Fayaz Bukhari

SRINAGAR, India (Reuters) - India has shifted scores of village and municipality leaders, mostly from Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling party, to secure locations in Kashmir after a spate of militant attacks, police and two security officials said on Friday.

BB17GGFR.img
© Reuters/Danish IsmailFILE PHOTO: An Indian Central Reserve Police Force officer patrols on an empty street during a lockdown on the first anniversary of the revocation of Kashmir's autonomy in Srinagar
Separatists fighting Indian rule in the disputed region have stepped up attacks on lower level politicians, many of whom do not have personal security guards, in recent weeks.

"It is a temporary arrangement," Kashmir valley's police chief Vijay Kumar told Reuters. "We will devise a strategy to provide security to those who are vulnerable."

Two security officials, asking not to be named, said that around 500 politicians had been moved since Thursday, after militants shot dead a village council leader from the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in southern Kashmir.

Many of those under protection have been housed in hotels and government buildings guarded by paramilitary troops, one official said. "We don't want to take any chances," he said.

Sofi Yousuf, a BJP vice-president in Kashmir, said that his colleagues were being targeted to prevent the party from expanding in the Himalayan region, where insurgents have waged war against New Delhi since the late 1980s.

The federal government has been trying to promote political activities since it revoked Kashmir's special status in an attempt to draw it closer to the rest of the country.

But the loss of special privileges stoked anger across the region and this week authorities imposed a strict lockdown on the first anniversary of that decision.

Underlining the difficulties the government faces in restoring normalcy to Kashmir, around a dozen BJP members resigned from the party this week, fearing militant attacks.

More on MSN

Their fate is the same as the French collaborators and vichy regime members.

By Fayaz Bukhari

13 hrs ago

BB17GGFK.img

By Fayaz Bukhari

BB17GGFR.img

More on MSN

Chalo...the Kashmiris have finally shown some spine. A snake sometimes only has to show its fangs to scare away intruders. Biting is always the last resort.

Chalo...the Kashmiris have finally shown some spine. A snake sometimes only has to show its fangs to scare away intruders. Biting is always the last resort.
The unique problem Kashmir and Pakistan has ALWAYS faced is the overwhelming numerical advantage their enemies can bring to bear. In recent history, perhaps the only comparison that might be drawn is Israel against the Arabs, but in that scenario, Israel enjoyed other advantages in terms of tech and geopolitics, which Pakistan and Kashmir don't enjoy.

The war is a difficult one, but it is not one that Kashmiris and Pakistanis will walk away from.

The unique problem Kashmir and Pakistan has ALWAYS faced is the overwhelming numerical advantage their enemies can bring to bear. In recent history, perhaps the only comparison that might be drawn is Israel against the Arabs, but in that scenario, Israel enjoyed other advantages in terms of tech and geopolitics, which Pakistan and Kashmir don't enjoy.

The war is a difficult one, but it is not one that Kashmiris and Pakistanis will walk away from.

We can't compare India and Pakistan's involvement in Kashmir with Israel-Palestine for many reasons.

1) Israelis consider themselves a special God-chosen "tribe" - Hindus are also
"special" but they have no such affiliation. The Israelis are driven by a religious zealotry uncommon to any other races or nations: it's a manifest destiny, their 3rd temple prophecy puts West Bank in the Center of the Universe. Messianic Jews (those who follow Jesus) are even more fanatical, and they are backed by US-based Christian Fundamental organizations.
2) Israelis are satisfied with just a tiny sliver of land less than the distance between Long Island and New Jersey: Indians want to grab much more land as part of a naked aggression strategy. The intent is purely territorial, and carries no religious significance.
3) Israelis will fight and die for the land of their 3rd temple. The Indian settler civilians will tuck their tails behind and run away from the Valley at the slightest risk of losing their lives. This is what this news story is about.

Many here will disagree but I honestly feel the Kashmir dispute can be resolved between India and Pakistan on a dinner table. In fact, the two countries came very close to a resolution during Pervez Musharraf's rule (with Manmohan Singh as Prime Minister here). It was called the "four point formula" or something similar (nothing official).

Modi and BJP are interested in keeping Kashmir alive as an election plank. They have zero intent to pursue their agenda beyond what keeps the votes coming.

Last edited:
We can't compare India and Pakistan's involvement in Kashmir with Israel-Palestine for many reasons.

1) Israelis consider themselves a special God-chosen "tribe" - Hindus are also
"special" but they have no such affiliation. The Israelis are driven by a religious zealotry uncommon to any other races or nations: it's a manifest destiny, their 3rd temple prophecy puts West Bank in the Center of the Universe. Messianic Jews (those who follow Jesus) are even more fanatical, and they are backed by US-based Christian Fundamental organizations.
2) Israelis are satisfied with just a tiny sliver of land less than the distance between Long Island and New Jersey: Indians want to grab much more land as part of a naked aggression strategy. The intent is purely territorial, and carries no religious significance.
3) Israelis will fight and die for the land of their 3rd temple. The Indian settler civilians will tuck their tails behind and run away from the Valley at the slightest risk of losing their lives. This is what this news story is about.

Many here will disagree but I honestly feel the Kashmir dispute can be resolved between India and Pakistan on a dinner table. In fact, the two countries came very close to a resolution during Pervez Musharraf's rule (with Manmohan Singh as Prime Minister here). It was called the "four point formula" or something similar (nothing official).

Modi and BJP are interested in keeping Kashmir alive as an election plank. They have zero intent to pursue their agenda beyond what keeps the votes coming.
My analogy actually regarded Pakistan and Kashmir as the Israelis and India as the surrounding Arabs. I was simply referring to the numerical disparities. You are altering the analogy and taking it on a tangent which seems to be irrelevant. I fully understand that the underlying reasons for the independence struggle are unique and cannot easily be analogised.

I fully understand that the underlying reasons for the independence struggle are unique and cannot easily be analogised.

You didn't complete the sentence: "....and I intend to analogise it anyway, because I have nothing relevant left to say, but want to kid myself that i am making a difference."

You didn't complete the sentence: "....and I intend to analogise it anyway, because I have nothing relevant left to say, but want to kid myself that i am making a difference."
Well that was a surprisingly pithy broadside.

Ok...where in this thread did I analogise the underlying reasons for the Kashmiris' independence struggle?

Well that was a surprisingly pithy broadside.

Ok...where in this thread did I analogise the underlying reasons for the Kashmiris' independence struggle?

Seriously?

Get in there with you?

Excuse me while I turn aside politely and laugh a hollow laugh.

Back
Top Bottom