What's new

‘India might not be able to defend itself from Pakistani missiles’

Talking about India’s candidature for the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) Mr Topychkanov said the world will be cautious about India.

“The nuclear waiver given to Indian became a very important part of the lesson for the international community because Delhi did not give a lot in exchange, it didn’t change policies and approaches,” he said.
:dance3: Nailed it .Indian Russian Friendship at its best

haha, What happened with Kargil then? Or your textbooks already claim victory in that..

Kargil was simple

We attacked, took over a big chunk of territory

You collapsed and ran

The rest was political,
india cried victim to the world,
enormous pressure fell on Pakistan,
political leadership denied knowledge
Political leadership demanded military pull back
Military (musharraf) did not want to
Political leadership pulled military back and ended support the brave fighters who had conquered territory
India after its humiliation only had mopping up of unsupported fighters

it was a political loss
but not military
Kargil was simple

We attacked, took over a big chunk of territory

You collapsed and ran

The rest was political,
india cried victim to the world,
enormous pressure fell on Pakistan,
political leadership denied knowledge
Political leadership demanded military pull back
Military (musharraf) did not want to
Political leadership pulled military back and ended support the brave fighters who had conquered territory
India after its humiliation only had mopping up of unsupported fighters
So 1st excuse was you were far from your home.
2nd excuse is, its a political loss
Fine, what about 65? I am all ears for the 3rd excuse

Musharraf was so annoyed about the lack of spine of political leadership he conducted coup

Indians like living in dream land so only trumpet the sad reality that after their firces run they had carte blanch to mop up and attack un supported fighters.

Whole episode was a shambles, but india militarily was a joke

it was a political loss
but not military
You have nothing to gloat about in kargil , your terrorist & army occupied a empty territory when the Indian forces left at winter & systematically lost all control .

Date (1999) Event
May 3 Pakistani intrusion in Kargil reported by local shepherds

May 5 Indian Army patrol sent up; Five Indian soldiers captured and tortured to death.

May 9 Heavy shelling by Pakistan Armydamages ammunition dump in Kargil

May 10 Infiltrations first noticed in Dras, Kaksar, and Mushkoh sectors
Mid-May Indian Army moves in more troops from Kashmir Valley to Kargil Sector
May 26 IAF launches air strikes against infiltrators

May 27 IAF loses two fighters — MiG-21 andMiG-27;. Flt Lt Nachiketa taken POW

May 28 IAF MI-17 shot down by Pakistan; four air crew dead

June 1 Pakistan steps up attacks; bombsNH 1A

June 5 Indian Army releases documents recovered from three Pakistani soldiers indicating Pakistan’s involvement

June 6 Indian Army launches major offensive in Kargil

June 9 Indian Army re-captures two key positions in the Batalic sector

June 11 India releases intercepts of conversation between Pakistani Army Chief Gen Pervez Musharraf, while on a visit to China and Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Aziz Khan in Rawalpindi, as proof of Pakistani Army’s involvement

June 13 Indian Army secures Tololing in Dras

June 15 U.S. President Bill Clinton, in a telephonic conversation, asks Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to pull out from Kargil

June 29 Indian Army captures two vital posts: Point 5060 and Point 5100 near Tiger Hill

July 2 Indian Army launches three-pronged attack in Kargil

July 4 Indian Army recaptures Tiger Hill after an 11-hour battle

July 5 Indian Army takes control of Dras. Sharif announces Pakistani army’s withdrawal from Kargil following his meeting with Clinton

July 7 India recaptures Jubar Heights in Batalik
July 11 Pakistan begins pullout; India captures key peaks in Batalik
July 14 Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee declares Operation Vijay a success. Government sets condition for talks with Pakistan
July 26 Kargil conflict officially comes to an end. Indian Army announces complete eviction of Pakistani intruders.

Yes but under what conditions? And on top of that no one in the world really knows what Pakistan's REAL missile capabilities are as Pakistan keeps them well hidden. Case in point is May 1998. india and most of the world were really convinced that Pakistan did not have a nuke capability and were completely taken aback and shocked when Pakistan finally tested it's nuke devices. Most independent analysts suspect that Pakistan probably has more than sufficient counter-measures to overcome indians abm systems. The indian military high command know this which is why india couldn't attack Pakistan after mumbai 26/11/2008.
Pakistani ballistic missiles aren't anything special. We are developing stuff that have been surpassed long time ago. There is nothing special about MRBMs and IRBMs.

Pakistani nuclear program might have been a well kept secret from the public but not from American (or global) Intelligence Networks. Read the chronology of events here: http://fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/nuke/chron.htm

A book have also been written about this subject, providing a detailed account of nuclear programs and initiatives around the world since 1945: http://www.amazon.com/Global-History-Nuclear-Arms-Race/dp/1440800944

I agree with the assessment that Indian ABM platform is still in its infancy at present. Unless S-400 systems come into the picture, it is all big talk.

Last edited:
ye to wo batein hein jo apki nation kehti he
zara apni casualities k barey me b btaye
and kindly the true facts

Seriously NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can actually claim how a country would survive a nuclear attack ...all of you keyboard warriors are all of sudden turned nuclear experts and talk like you guys have first hand experience of nuclear devastation. Are there not people dying of hunger and poverty already? All this talk of nuclear war makes me sick.

Russia sell more weapons to India than Israel and yet all I can see here is Israel that and Israel this.
Aniwai, rather than considering everybody who sell weapons to India enemies, you should take care for ur own and improve relation with countries and acquire technologies for both civilian and military purposes.
As for Israel missile shield, Tamuz missile which is being used in Iron Dome used to cost around 20-40k USD, with multiple missiles produced, the price went down (tho the exact number isn't published) and it's only one layer of defense out of multiple (Barak 8, Patriot, David Sling , Arrow 2, Arrow 3) to defend against missiles in various ranges (from very short to very long ballistic missiles), drones, aircrafts,helicopters and more and don't forget the lasers (Iron Beam)
You can check this thread for more information
https://defence.pk/threads/israel-defense-forces-current-and-future-interceptors.408299/
with Iron Dome now shooting down targets from navy ships, and david sling is being intergrating into the army, and ofcourse various new updates and versions being produced to Arrow family, intercepting more than few grad rockets is surely the aim of the operation :-)

Russia (Ex Soviet Union) is a super power, you are not. Soviet Union being India's mentor, played the pivotal role in the 1971 east Pakistan mutiny along side India. And look what we did to them later on. From Soviet Union, they are now turned into Russia.
Ever Since Americans started to prop up India against us, look how things have turned for them inside Afghanistan. Every single congressmen is bitching about Pakistan these days.
There is a long history of states who acted against Pakistan's interests and did manage to hurt her, but eventually got their nose bloodied.
With this short background and history, my friend, you are taking a huge risk in messing with wrong people. Do remember we take India as our mortal enemy just like you take Hamas and Hizbullah. If you give justifications of your weapon sales to India as business transaction, we can perhaps do the same with Hamas and Hizbullah.

If your weapons make you sleep better in night, good on you. We in Pakistan are confident about our own weapons and their effectiveness.

Russia (Ex Soviet Union) is a super power, you are not. Soviet Union being India's mentor, played the pivotal role in the 1971 east Pakistan mutiny along side India. And look what we did to them later on. From Soviet Union, they are now turned into Russia.
Ever Since Americans started to prop up India against us, look how things have turned for them inside Afghanistan. Every single congressmen is bitching about Pakistan these days.
There is a long history of states who acted against Pakistan's interests and did manage to hurt her, but eventually got their nose bloodied.
With this short background and history, my friend, you are taking a huge risk in messing with wrong people. Do remember we take India as our mortal enemy just like you take Hamas and Hizbullah. If you give justifications of your weapon sales to India as business transaction, we can perhaps do the same with Hamas and Hizbullah.

If your weapons make you sleep better in night, good on you. We in Pakistan are confident about our own weapons and their effectiveness.
If you look for enemies then count us in , I dont give a shit

If you look for enemies then count us in , I dont give a shit
ignore the butt-hurt...

back on topic, i don't know much about Israeli ABM capabilities, but the specifications about our Ashwin AAD missile is available, does this Ashwin AAD in anyway resemble the capabilities of Israeli ABM capability?

I mean, i'm not sure whether Israeli scientists were consulted for this Ashwin project, when ever there has been a collaboration between Israel and India, it has been openly acknowledged, but I haven't seen official confirmation of Israel's involvement in this project (or have I missed something?)were any such news published in Israel's news sources? Has anything ever been mentioned in Israeli media about this Ashwin AAD missile?

Then why worry about missiles
At least no one going bully india like in 1971

Who is worried? Am I? (Hint Answer: NO)

Word of advice - follow the context of the quotes. You derail the thread by quoting me without seeing to who I have answer on what question and collating with my other posts.

FYI - over here I may be one of the very few members from India who are quite confident about our capabilities irrespective of Pakistani developments. So chill .......... don't quote me until and unless you are adding something new for me to know.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom