What's new

India may restart Iran oil import

Which is why I said;

Also, I'd like to point out that Iran wouldn't be able to give any real guarantees, unless they're lying or have actual military forces in Pakistan. That's not going to happen. If India wants to be apart of the deal, then it has no choice but to go to Pakistan.

It was just a thought, India is being replaced in the deal with China anyways.

by gurantee, means being financially liability for any loss. They might want to work with pakistan and decide the pricing keeping this in mind.
In reality its US pressure that will stop India from going ahead with any pipeline with iran.

by gurantee, means being financially liability for any loss. They might want to work with pakistan and decide the pricing keeping this in mind.
In reality its US pressure that will stop India from going ahead with any pipeline with iran.

Even then, it's Pakistan's job to make sure the pipeline is flowing. if something happens along the way in Pakistan, then of course Pakistan would be responsible for it.

But you're right, it'll be the US that stops this from going on any further.

Even then, it's Pakistan's job to make sure the pipeline is flowing. if something happens along the way in Pakistan, then of course Pakistan would be responsible for it.

But you're right, it'll be the US that stops this from going on any further.
well, according to India, its supplier's job to guarantee the supply, we dont bother whether pipe comes through afganistan or pakistan. If there is any disruption, we should be compensated for it. Iran is welcome to sign agreement with pak to ensure the supply.

well, according to India, its supplier's job to guarantee the supply, we dont bother whether pipe comes through afganistan or pakistan. If there is any disruption, we should be compensated for it. Iran is welcome to sign agreement with pak to ensure the supply.

I think it's more to do with if hostilities erupt, Pakistan may end up shutting the pipeline down, which is what India should be worried more about.

I think it's more to do with if hostilities erupt, Pakistan may end up shutting the pipeline down, which is what India should be worried more about.

yes, India does not want to hand over a bargaining chip to pakistan. By making Iran responsible (even though pakistan is responsible for physical security), India will avoid that.
its like if I buy from amazon.com and package is lost, I ask amazon.com to compensate not the courier company.. let amazon deal with them.. :D

yes, India does not want to hand over a bargaining chip to pakistan. By making Iran responsible (even though pakistan is responsible for physical security), India will avoid that.
its like if I buy from amazon.com and package is lost, I ask amazon.com to compensate not the courier company.. let amazon deal with them.. :D

On the other hand, the pipeline may end up increasing Indo-Pak relations to a new level. There is nothing more motivating to nations than making money, and Pakistan is sure to profit from this pipeline, even indirectly.

b'cos of sanctions transaction's became difficult and initially refused to accept rupee...oil bills piled on...so we had no option but to look at alternate sources!

On the other hand, the pipeline may end up increasing Indo-Pak relations to a new level. There is nothing more motivating to nations than making money, and Pakistan is sure to profit from this pipeline, even indirectly.

Optimism !!! New level :) i am sorry i cant see any level apart from level of mistrust.
Pakistan blew up real chance when Mr. Vajapeyee was in the office. So no GOI will trust Pak again. Thats bad for both sides.

I really don't understand Indian government policy towards Iran. First what was need for India to vote against Iran in UNSC. India could have abstained the vote. With that action, I fear, we lost a friend in middle east. Now why stop oil imports and then start again.

yeah... pakistan will definitely earn lot of money from it and it will improve our relations.

I really don't understand Indian government policy towards Iran. First what was need for India to vote against Iran in UNSC. India could have abstained the vote. With that action, I fear, we lost a friend in middle east. Now why stop oil imports and then start again.

we even voted against sri lanka.......foreign policy is totall fucked up man,,,useless govt

Totally agree.........pipeline must be extended to india,,,its the need of the hour in my opinion

Rupees down to 66 ..on oil news

Rupee will touch 75 today if govt stops selling dollars.......its a reality now and selling dollars is gonna decrease the forex reserves

If this decision reduces our CAD and saves 22 billion dollars as the concerned article says, then it is right move

US will not be happy off coarse

At least, end subsidies on private vehicles for a start. So that people who drive SUVs don't get their lifestyle subsidized by the taxpayer. Keep subsidizing public transport and trucks carrying essential items, for now.

good suggestion

If this decision reduces our CAD and saves 22 billion dollars as the concerned article says, then it is right move

US will not be happy off coarse

Just give freedom to Manmohan singh and Pranab and they can turn this around , but that Sonia family is ruining everything....

Back
Top Bottom