What's new

India may manufacture Kalashnikov rifles

doe33

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
France
26.jpg

An agreement on licensed production of assault rifles in India may be signed this year, Kalashnikov Concern Chief Executive Aleksey Krivoruchko told TASS in an interview on Mar. 14.

“The way I see it, we have already identified a partner that looks interested and is capable of doing that. I hope that we will conclude a specific agreement this year and will move on towards its practical implementation,” Krivoruchko told the news agency.

In 2015 Krivoruchko had said his company might launch joint production of automatic weapons in cooperation with a local partner. He then said the concern had plans of making at least 50,000 rifles a year with a view to building up output further, if need be.

Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Executive Sergey Goreslavsky later said licensed production of the AK-100 family of assault rifles might be launched in India after the testing of experimental samples in the country.

https://in.rbth.com/defence/2017/03/14/india-may-manufacture-kalashnikov-rifles_719306

india_cou_1489578020.jpg

The licence production of the Kalashnikov Series 100 assault rifle to be launched in India

Russian Kalashnikov, which claims to have found a partner in India, is likely to sign agreement this year to launch co-production of AK-100 assault rifles.

“The way I see it, we have already identified a partner that looks interested and is capable of doing that.” Kalashnikov Concern Chief Executive Aleksey Krivoruchko said in an interview to TASS news agency Tuesday.

I hope that we will conclude a specific agreement this year and will move on towards its practical implementation,” he added.

The company might launch joint production of automatic weapons in cooperation with a local partner. According to the earlier announcement in 2015, the concern has plans of manufacturing 50,000 rifles a year with a view to building up output further, if necessary, he added.

Meanwhile Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Executive Sergey Goreslavsky said, licensed production of the AK-100 family of assault rifles might be launched in India after the testing of experimental samples in the country,

During 2014 October, India’s Ishapore rifle factory had designed an assault rifle based on the Russian AK-47. The prototype of this weapon had successfully cleared field trials by the Army, the Indian Air Force and the Sashastra Seema Bal.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/18...ashnikov_AK_100_Rifles_This_Year#.WMk0Mzt95PY

I asked this question sometime ago to Indian posters. This is good development for India IMHO.

I suppose anything is a an improvement over the INSAS, the question arises, will the Indian copies be as robust as the Russian manufactured Aks, I for one think not.

What happened to the Insas and its big brother excalibur?

I suppose anything is a an improvement over the INSAS, the question arises, will the Indian copies be as robust as the Russian manufactured Aks, I for one think not.

A rubber band and a pebble is an improvement over insas

What happened to the Insas and its big brother excalibur?

INSAS production has stopped for IA. Excalibur is being orded by state police, etc.

Made in India I don't think so

In India, only one entity has production over small arms ,etc. OFB.

With license given to private sector now, Israelis, Russians, etc. are partnering to produce small arms in India. The demand for Indian police is enough.

The monopoly over small arms production needs to end, slowly happening.

Reliance, Punj Lloyd, I am sure Bharat Forge, Mahindra are getting in, were trying for a long time, but due to India's past policies, couldnt.

INSAS production has stopped for IA. Excalibur is being orded by state police, etc.

In India, only one entity has production over small arms ,etc. OFB.

With license given to private sector now, Israelis, Russians, etc. are partnering to produce small arms in India. The demand for Indian police is enough.

The monopoly over small arms production needs to end, slowly happening.

Reliance, Punj Lloyd, I am sure Bharat Forge, Mahindra are getting in, were trying for a long time, but due to India's past policies, couldnt.

It was rhetorical
Insas was sub standard and dumped after numerous problems snd excalibur is the inheritor of all of insas's problems is being forced upon your state security services

Indian military as per form is searching for a foreign product that actually works after years of suffering with make in india insas

Don't go for AK they r KNOW n for worst accuracy go for HK

It was rhetorical
Insas was sub standard and dumped after numerous problems snd excalibur is the inheritor of all of insas's problems is being forced upon your state security services

Indian military as per form is searching for a foreign product that actually works after years of suffering with make in india insas

Well, no, INSAS the initial models had problems, recent models do not. It's just not a modern, contemporary rifle. Also, the state police can buy whatever they want, and they do.

Technically...India already makes Kalashnikov-type rifles, such as the Ghaatak from OFB. However this will be different from actually setting up a JV/manufacturing plant that makes actual Russian AKs designed by Kalashnikov Concern.

They're welcome, as are IWI and CAA Tactical/Kalashnikov Israel. I think it's actually bad that India, despite being a huge market for firearms (military, paramilitary & law-enforcement), there are actually no foreign arms manufacturers making their guns (or parts of their guns) in India.

Given the fact several top aerospace majors source Tier-1 components from Indian companies on a large scale, the only real reason why the small arms sector isn't developing is because of the currently enforced laws regarding the production of firearms & ammunition by private-sector companies.

It's killing the industry...I don't see why OFB/ARDE need to have a monopoly in this engineering sector.

We don't need this Zionist weapon.

Any other demand, tomorrow one more group will say we dont want communist weapons or capitalist weapon.

Without some of the Zionist weapons, Indian defenses will be badly defended. For soldiers, Quality Weapon is more important than any obsolete ideology.

Back
Top Bottom