What's new

India may go for 6 to 8 more C-17s : Boeing Defence Chief

sudhir007

Reaction score
India may go for 6 to 8 more C-17s : Boeing Defence Chief | idrw.org

Dennis Muilenburg, president and chief executive of Boeing Defense, Space & Security in his recent interview to a leading aviation website (Aerospace and Aviation News | Aviation Industry & Airline Statistics | flightglobal.com) has said that India might order 6 to 8 more C-17s, but soon cleared that this number have been discussed only in public and Interest has been shown by India , nothing more then that .

On Question of not getting MMRCA contract , he told they were disappointed to lose India’s fighter competition, but are expecting more orders from India and India is interested in Apaches and Chinooks , while he also hinted that India will place more orders for, eight P-8I that India already has ordered and he expects orders for four more P-8I .

In June last year India had signed an agreement with the US government to buy 10 C-17s with an option for 6 more , and first aircraft will be delivered to India in 2013 and last in 2015 , Air Chief Marshal Norman Anil Kumar Browne recently have told a defence website that IAF is interested in 10 more C-17s but original agreement has option for only 6 . but follow up order might be on cards in 2013 .

IAF is very happy with scheduled delivery of all the six C-130J aircraft by Lockheed Martin and this is the first time that the IAF has received its aircraft from a foreign supplier without delay, on or before time, and without any additional demands on cost.India will be its second biggest customer of C-17s even with current 10 orders

So Boeing has no reason to be unhappy with MMRCA :D
Good news :D

By 2020 we will be very strong regional player, keeping balance of power in neutral.

Though i am not such a big fan of IAF wrt its policy of not supporting the local companies...I have to say our logistical and troop moving capability will be unparalleled in this region by 2016-2017..only fighter jets strength is a concern

US has amazing product delivery schedule... i will be surprised if they can deliver 10 C-17s in 2 years. Dennis Muilenburg is way too much optimistic... some of orders Europeans can also bag... why only Americans.

There are not that many competitions where European and US counterparts would compete eachother. Eurocopter bagged out of the combat helicopter competition and has no heavy lift heli. In the LUH competition the US are out, same goes for MMRCA. C17 and C130Js were no competitions and independent procurements and the C27J is actually an Italian aircraft with some US parts, that competes the C295.
When I think about it, the only competition might be INs ASW helicopter competition, or the MRMR competition, where Boeing is still offering a lighter P8I.

wow ... that will add some serious punch to IAF's ability to move armoured brigades to frontlines.. IAF's ability will be unparalleled in this domain for many years to come :tup:

There are not that many competitions where European and US counterparts would compete eachother. Eurocopter bagged out of the combat helicopter competition and has no heavy lift heli. In the LUH competition the US are out, same goes for MMRCA. C17 and C130Js were no competitions and independent procurements and the C27J is actually an Italian aircraft with some US parts, that competes the C295.
When I think about it, the only competition might be INs ASW helicopter competition, or the MRMR competition, where Boeing is still offering a lighter P8I.

The airbus offering seems more tempting (MRMR tender) :)

wow ... that will add some serious punch to IAF's ability to move armoured brigades to frontlines.. IAF's ability will be unparalleled in this domain for many years to come :tup:

The airbus offering seems more tempting (MRMR tender) :)

To me too, in case we go for a licence production of that platform for IAF and other Indian forces too. As I pointed out recently, there is much scoope for than aircraft in indian forces:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ocks-indian-transport-tender.html#post3061862

However, if we don't go for that licence production I would prefer EMB 145s with DRDO or other Indian MP systems, more cost-effective to operate and easy to procure with the commonality to DRDO AWACS.

It would be great seeing C130,C17 in IAF and P8I in IN . Although i miss EA18G in our inventory .

It would be great seeing C130,C17 in IAF and P8I in IN . Although i miss EA18G in our inventory .

Well hopefully by the time IAC-2 comes out would get the naval FGFA and EA18G.(Really hopeful of the naval FGFA or PAK-FA)

When will our MMRTA arive??? :frown:

Joint+Indo-+Russia+Multi-Role+Transport+Aircraft.jpg

Back
Top Bottom