What's new

India matches American THAAD : Indigenous BMB can intercept Ballistic Missiles at 150kms

theman111

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
India matches American THAAD : Indigenous BMB can intercept Ballistic Missiles at 150kms

Prime Minister Narendra Modi today hinted that India may have successfully developed a ‘THAAD-type anti-missile defense system.

Speaking at an election rally at Budaun in Uttar Pradesh today, PM Modi congratulated Indian scientists for developing one of the best missile defense systems at a time when a number of countries, including Pakistan, are busy developing missiles.

PM Modi said that the new system has been successfully developed by Indian scientists and it can destroy any incoming missile at the height of 150 kilometres. “I want to congratulate Indian scientists,” he said,

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system is one of the recent addition to the US’ anti-ballistic missile arsenal. It has been designed to hit missiles as they dive towards the earth, not when they go up. THAAD can engage with incoming missiles at the maximum altitude of 93 miles above the surface of the Earth. It seems Indian scientists have also developed a similar anti-missile system.

In December last year, Pakistani army had claimed to have successfully test-fired an enhanced version of an indigenously-designed cruise missile that couldn’t hit targets at 700 kms with all kinds of warheads, bringing many Indian cities within its range. Called ‘Babur’ after the Mughal invader, the missile is part of Babur Weapon System version- 2 and is an enhanced version of the earlier missile, said a PTI report.

The US has announced it would deploy THAAD in South Korea to neutralise the threat from North Korea’s alleged Nuclear ambitions. However, this decision has irked China and become lead to a rupture in Sino-US relationship.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...intercept-Ballistic-Missiles-at-150kms-250420

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't save them against an MIRV.
150 kilometers :rofl:
That's not even good enough to stop the fallout from a typical ballistic missile.

150 km altitude, basically killing a BM in space itself. :D

C4YkiRnUkAA3Usx.jpg

That's not even good enough to stop the fallout from a typical ballistic missile.

Kids will be always Kids. lol Its 150 km above earth and you do not have MIRV, it takes decades of research to have MIRV. PA is trying to fool you. and against Chinese MIRV, the PDV can do well. :D

if they will heat the missle before he split its will save them

i wonder was bmd pakistan have?

150 km altitude, basically killing a BM in space itself. :D

C4YkiRnUkAA3Usx.jpg

Kids will be always Kids. lol Its 150 km above earth and you do not have MIRV, it takes decades of research to have MIRV. PA is trying to fool you. and against Chinese MIRV, the PDV can do well. :D
My balls are bigger than your brain ,Hows that for a kid?
MIRV is a soviet era tech ,If we wouldn't have it ,Then who will?
Ignorant fools ,What your saying is just same as the voice of your countrymen who live in fools paradise :-/

Headline is way too much generalizing the claim without pondering over how to compare them & in what speciality. We know it is hot signature mark of most of media houses.

My balls are bigger than your brain ,Hows that for a kid?
MIRV is a soviet era tech ,If we wouldn't have it ,Then who will?
Ignorant fools ,What your saying is just same as the voice of your countrymen who live in fools paradise :-/
Child SLV is also cold war tech so is launching satellite in space tell is how many satellite you send uptill now

Can it stop super fast cruise missiles Like shaheen? I guess no.
About MIRV. if india can make bmd than we can make mirv technology. We don't have any accss to vrdic technology so that we can test mirv capable missiles in 5 minutes of homework. It took us years to develop it.

Can it stop super fast cruise missiles Like shaheen? I guess no.
About MIRV. if india can make bmd than we can make mirv technology. We don't have any accss to vrdic technology so that we can test mirv capable missiles in 5 minutes of homework. It took us years to develop it.
First try to launch satellite on space on Mirv principle work more talk less

I was searching a handful of sources about this achievement. It's elevation coverage is almost 50+ kilometers with an almost range of 150 Km. I admit a great achievement guys.
Thanks to India's extensive space program, they have reached the basic information of stratosphere layer of space. My conclusion is India is operating out some hidden space programs and due to their LRBM test, it's mostly possible for them to reach 10,000+ Km range for it's ballistic missiles.
@SOHEIL @VEVAK
Guys this is why i emphasized on our space program. We need something similar and to achieve it, some research satellites are needed.
Couldn't deny it's similarity to Arrow-4 block :lol:

I was searching a handful of sources about this achievement. It's elevation coverage is almost 50+ kilometers with an almost range of 150 Km. I admit a great achievement guys.
Thanks to India's extensive space program, they have reached the basic information of stratosphere layer of space. My conclusion is India is operating out some hidden space programs and due to their LRBM test, it's mostly possible for them to reach 10,000+ Km range for it's ballistic missiles.
@SOHEIL @VEVAK
Guys this is why i emphasized on our space program. We need something similar and to achieve it, some research satellites are needed.
Couldn't deny it's similarity to Arrow-4 block :lol:

It's Interception altitude is 150km- Today It hit a Missile at 97 km in test- Range is not told- It may be ~350-500km-

India can easily reach 10000+km with Ballistic missile but- It will make Big Daddy USA nervous so India likes to play quiet- besides India don't need such range- India's Ballistic Missile program in terms of range has reach Its requirement- Now the focus is on SLBM-

Including jet engines which there master Chinese still struggling to build

I doubt the Chinese are anywhere close to matching the Soviet era tech I mentioned in my above post- And they(Chinese) would humbly accept that- However Pakistanis are a different story- they are far advanced-

Those talking about MIRV,

1) Launch of Cartosat 2D and 103 other satellites on February 15th

2) Space Rendezvous & Docking Experiment (SpaDEx)
ISRO_VIRTUAL_DOCKING.jpg

MIRV is child's play in front of these.
Placing multiple satellites in individual orbits in a single launch...pretty much validates India's capability to build MaRV's let alone MIRVs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom