What's new

India market attack: Suspected rebels kill 13 in Assam

Delnavaz B

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
_90681716_1bf3c032-f1e1-4844-ab1f-615dc2d96822.jpg

Gunmen have opened fire on a busy market place in India's north-eastern state of Assam, killing at least 13 people, officials say.

Police blamed the attacks on suspected rebels from a faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB).

Reports say one suspected rebel was killed in the gun battle with security forces in Kokrajhar district.

The NDFB wants an independent homeland for the Bodo ethnic group to be carved out of Assam.

Assam police chief Mukesh Sahay told the BBC that the attack took place in a market in Balajan, an area just outside the town of Kokrajhar.

"Many civilians sustained injuries when militants opened indiscriminate fire. They also lobbed grenades," he said.

_90676884_464x2.jpg

Myriad of factions: By Charles Haviland, BBC South Asia editor
_90681718_35fdd42d-6192-4235-aaff-1a562b25cc1b.jpg
Image copyrightINDIAN ARMY
Image captionThe army has recovered weapons and ammunition from the area
The banned National Democratic Front of Bodoland is one of many such tribally-based factions in India's remote north-east.

The area where the attack happened already enjoys a degree of autonomy.

But the insurgents want Bodoland to be given full statehood.

There have been years of sectarian and ethnic clashes there and hundreds of thousands remain displaced from their homes.

_90676884_464x2.jpg

One gunman was killed by the security forces and troops were pursuing five others who had fled. Several homes and shops were damaged in the attack.

In 2014, NDFB rebels killed at least 62 people in Sonitpur and Kokrajhar.

The Bodos now have an autonomous territorial council which one of their parties, the Bodoland People's Front (BPF), controls.

The council offers considerable local autonomy to more than 3,000 villages that are home to Bodo tribesmen.

_90682269_indiaassam4641214.png

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36983423

@django @war&peace @Windjammer @PaklovesTurkiye @Zibago

ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI ISI

Our neighbours have 21 insurgencies to deal with ooops 20 as the Kashmiris are not insurgents they are illegally being occupied by a foreign artificial British created nation that likes to call it self Bharat akhand.
it looks like the assamese are turning up the heat, who is bharat going to blame ISI lol.

Our neighbours have 21 insurgencies to deal with ooops 20 as the Kashmiris are not insurgents they are illegally being occupied by a foreign artificial British created nation that likes to call it self Bharat akhand.
it looks like the assamese are turning up the heat, who is bharat going to blame ISI lol.

Some time back, ur anchestors were calling themselves Bhartis. Change religion, and some people forget their own history :P
Do you know Manipur and Tripura is mentioned by this very name in Mahabharat? So is Ghandhara/Kandahar.

Some time back, ur anchestors were calling themselves Bhartis. Change religion, and some people forget their own history :P
Do you know Manipur and Tripura is mentioned by this very name in Mahabharat? So is Ghandhara/Kandahar.
Ghandara is taxila not khandhar, btw they never call themselves bharatis, give me some evidence, this is your fantasy, reality is no such thing as bharat, I have nothing in common with bengalis, tamil ,maharashtan, youstop trying to create false history, it is absurd argument you are using.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/india-ma...rebels-kill-13-in-assam.442891/#ixzz4GV4fsjlP
Actually, no they want development. Do the math. India pays for Assam with money and blood. These people can have state hood, but they'd turn into vassal state like Bhutan.
India is a hegemont because it is soo big. But its not that expansionist. Its is regionally directed ie Maldives.
The insurgencies are waves, what we are seeing now are some dieing flames.
Kashmir has taken its own cause. Its like Trump in a way. Promises are to big and unrealistic yet popular.
I don't think India is going to break up unless it wants war. Judging from the lazy attitude towards defence aimed internally, they don't expect war and insurgency lasting.
Reason being, Pakistan perhaps has to keep a low profile and secret deals, my bet. Musfuraff Kargil guy for prime minster.
And ive been right before.
Kashmir will loose support in Pakistan, why? because in reality even ISI does not want independent reconsilation councils or bodies. If the Indians look bad now, the ISI dirty deeds will make them look like the Justice league dispensing garbage.
This does nothing for the legitimate Kashmir cause for greater autonomy.
Congress made India, but Modi is making Indians!

I'm pretty sure no one called themselves Bhartis let alone our ancestors.

The Bible and many other religious texts mention many countries and regions; what is your point?

Ghandara is taxila not khandhar, btw they never call themselves bharatis, give me some evidence, this is your fantasy, reality is no such thing as bharat, I have nothing in common with bengalis, tamil ,maharashtan, youstop trying to create false history, it is absurd argument you are using.

I'm pretty sure no one called themselves Bhartis let alone our ancestors.

The Bible and many other religious texts mention many countries and regions; what is your point?

The name Mahabharat. I hope you guys know what it is meant. Lol. Its not Taxila. Its Kandahar in Afghanistan. Ancient Tamil literature points out that Tamil country is a part of Bharatham. You guys used to be common with us. Hinduism/Buddhism has lots of things in common, especially South Asian buddhists. But good work done by invaders in deleting identity in shame.

The name Mahabharat. I hope you guys know what it is meant. Lol. Its not Taxila. Its Kandahar in Afghanistan. Ancient Tamil literature points out that Tamil country is a part of Bharatham. You guys used to be common with us. Hinduism/Buddhism has lots of things in common, especially South Asian buddhists. But good work done by invaders in deleting identity in shame.
Kashmiris and Tamils are one people and out of my window I have seen a flying pig, go take your nonsensical drivel elsewhere for it defies all logic and observation and historical evidence.

You are correct. Pakistanis should not forget their history. Indeed they are closer to the Indus than today's Bharat. But remember Pakistanis: be proud that your ancestors accepted Islam when the Mohsin missionaries came. Do not forget this.

South Asia is a lot like Europe: a great deal of similarities but still separate identities. Although I would say Europe is more homogenous than South Asia even though their are more countries in Europe.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom