What's new

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy by 2050: Citi

Status
Not open for further replies.
GDP-projections-to-2050-g-008.jpg

GDP projections from PwC: how China, India and Brazil will overtake the West by 2050 | News | guardian.co.uk

The average prediction of the future ever came true is about 10% or less, however there are hundreds of economic predictions, pick and choose the one that make you happy will be the key.:partay:

1) I would be very old by then so don't care

2) Citigroup's share value dropped from about 55 dollars to 1 dollar only in couple of months time (currently around 4.50 dollars) so we know how capable, expert and analytical they are

3) Predictions about future are never accurate. I used to hear Germany becoming the super power couple of years back, Russia bouncing back etc... and now see India and China are under the discussion nowadays. Its technically very unlikely to become world's number 1 economy by only 40 years time. India would need to expand her economy to multi-folds to overtake China and Japan before they even come close to America an I don't see it happening anytime soon keeping the higher growth of China in mind and the gap between both nations economy. I don't see this happening for the next 100 years at least

Do you agree with Nigeria and Vietnam being in the Top 15 economy by then?

I dont, reckon Pakistan will have stronger economy by then.

Frankly speaking, the future is unpredictable, anything beyond a time line of more than a decade will be highly unrealistic, however even though most of the so-called 2050 economic prediction favour China, i never buy it though.

you never know what's gonna happen,middle east asia is the best example :agree:

Lets stick with developing India in the present rather than fantasizing about something that is 4 decades away. Work hard now and the benefits will come sooner or later. Taking over China isnt our goal, providing each and every Indian with a high standard of living should be a more important milestone.

Let me show you an example regarding such economy prediction, China and India wasn't even in the chart: Really, it all depend on which one you will pick.

20110115_WOC881.gif

all there predictions are just in light of current growth of india and china..there is no guarantee that we can continue this growth for that long..or even for a decade.

Guys economy is unpredictable.....
our economy may grow at 10% this year or even come down to 6%..
u just cant predict precisely...

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy tonight (in dreams) :lol:

How many such predictions are we gonna see? Every Tom, Dick, Harry have become expert and the problem is they are coming up with different dates based on god knows what data. We need to stop giving attention to such news and develop the country as best as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom