What's new

India launches Aakash tablet computer priced at $35!

GoI can mess up everything, hope 'Aakash' is not on their list.

NDTV review:

I was skeptical at first but no more. This set is RAD!!

Who needs calling when u got 2g-3g just use any Voip like ventrillo and talk unlimited lol.(That is with anoter peer on the Internet) or use Skype for Tele calling

About the screen i knew there would be issues but can be compromised with....

and as to the Android marketplace...when u got an open source OS ....and Internet , WTH ...who needs Android market just dll the ******** apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The device was launched was launched under the name Aakash on 5 October 2011 in India.[9] The maker of the device is Datawind, a UK-based company owned by a Suneet Singh Tuli, a Canadian of Indian descent.
can anyone clarify things about this company DataWind???

Internet too will slow down on a flash site.
Processor needs to be at least 600 Mhz..

I feel the same.A better processor could have been provided..

IMHO it isn't bad..u should look at the HD GPU as well when considering computing speeds... If the processor is only tasked with generic CU & ALU operation ...i can see a good multitasking solution inbuilt in this architecture.

No ones playing any games here and i don't see any problems with its rendering low texture java or flash considering it has shared processing

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

can anyone clarify things about this company DataWind???
Its a Canadian company

You can't run froyo on 366 MHz. You see that triangle with the exclamation mark inside on the upper left corner. That means something has crashed. I have only seen that ever on an unstable Nook Color android hack from CyanogenMod. A properly compiled Android phone or tablet never does that. Froyo is barely useable on an 800Mhz ARM V6. V7 is a minimum for Flash 10.1. This is a paper weight or a publicity stunt, nothing more. The Chinese made parts for this paperweight costs more than $50, so thanks India.

lol Pathetic...
21.gif

u actually made my day heh heh.
15.gif

I feel the same.A better processor could have been provided..

nForce
I think remarkable breakthrough has been achieved by these guys. The price is extremely good and people who couldnt before afford things of this nature will feel top of the world.
It will help educate people and provide a great source of info for these guys. If the internet is a few seconds slower well so be it - at the price quoted i dont think the user will complain. Dont forget the market this is aimed at is the lower end and aiming for this market is to be commended mate

nForce
I think remarkable breakthrough has been achieved by these guys. The price is extremely good and people who couldnt before afford things of this nature will feel top of the world.
It will help educate people and provide a great source of info for these guys. If the internet is a few seconds slower well so be it - at the price quoted i dont think the user will complain. Dont forget the market this is aimed at is the lower end and aiming for this market is to be commended mate

I like your positive approach throughout this thread! Appreciate it :tup:

(Unlike other trolls)

Around a year ago 2 guys from bhubneshwar made a laptop costing 5000 inr .
To reduce the cost they even made their processor themselves which has speed same as intel atom processor. They did not had distributing facilities so they asked govt. But govt. Did not help since they had this tablet already in hand.
I dont know how this tablet going to help students when they cannot type in it.
This laptop is more useful to them.
Just google u will find about the laptop

Around a year ago 2 guys from bhubneshwar made a laptop costing 5000 inr .
To reduce the cost they even made their processor themselves which has speed same as intel atom processor. They did not had distributing facilities so they asked govt. But govt. Did not help since they had this tablet already in hand.
I dont know how this tablet going to help students when they cannot type in it.
This laptop is more useful to them.
Just google u will find about the laptop
unbelievable! either they are BC'ing or has powered the laptop with cheaper VIA(a brand) processor. don't you know, manufacturing micro processors is a tough thing to accomplish including tot,skilled people etc .

Back
Top Bottom