What's new

India just hanged Kasab

It was an undue process just for prolonging the issue and burdening the Indian tax-payers

I think GOI took the issue as more of a "show of Indian democracy/justice system" by making it a fair & transparent process (that even a terrorist caught red handed should also get fair process) rather than delivering fast & timely justice in the case.

Explained: How Kasab's execution was planned

Here's a look at the process that the government followed in the Ajmal Kasab's hanging, which was kept under wraps.

The process to hang Kasab began in the first week of November with only four cabinet ministers, the chief minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan and a few officials in the loop.

While Pranab Mukherjee rejected the mercy petition on November 8, informal discussions had already been held before that in anticipation of the President rejecting Kasab's mercy petition.

A major calculation was needed to prevent an IC 814 kind of situation where the government would face hostage situation to bargain for Kasab.

The Director of Information and Broadcasting, Nehchal Sandhu, was a key official who coordinated between the Centre and state government officials to hang Kasab.

A suggestion was made about burying Kasab at sea like Osama Bin Laden, but was finally rejected in favour of Yerwada Jail.

A special inspector general of police in Maharashtra and 16 handpicked men oversaw Operation X leading to the death by hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab Wednesday. The chosen team's mission was to hang and bury the 25-year-old Kasab in complete secrecy in Pune's Yerawada Central Jail, where he would be moved from Mumbai.

Once Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde signed the file from the president's office on Nov 7 and sent it to the Maharashtra government the next day, the police team took charge.

Only a handful knew that Kasab would hang on Novemeber 21 morning.

These included Mumbai Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, earlier the Pune police chief, and Meeran Borwankar, who heads the Yerawada jail, and those at the helm in the state intelligence department and Mumbai CID.

Pune's proximity to Mumbai played a role. An expert hangman was summoned.

He was taken on a special flight late at night to reach Pune early Nov 19 and whisked off to the Yerawada jail.

As Home Minister RR Patil put it, after completing all legal niceties, Kasab was executed at 7.30 am on Wednesday.

Just 15 minutes later, the Operation X chief conveyed to the state home department that the task was "successfully completed".

Explained: How Kasab's execution was planned - India - DNA

And now the opposition lashes govt for hanging him during Election time, particularly, when the time for UPA is not right in parliament.
They complain if someone is not hanged, and complain if someone is hanged. :P Oh God, what happened to good politicians in India.
Sometimes i hate so called Human Rights group more ... :devil:

I think GOI took the issue as more of a "show of Indian democracy/justice system" by making it a fair & transparent process (that even a terrorist caught red handed should also get fair process) rather than delivering fast & timely justice in the case.

But acc to great pakistanis you guys don't even know what free trail is..!! :D

Never heard this here...must be the brain fart of Zee news....

"This news is hell for us," Shahnaz Sughra, Kasab's aunt, told Reuters by phone. "...Even if he did something wrong, we just want his body. Even if he did something wrong, I am proud that he taught the enemy a lesson in their own country."

Profile: Kasab, the baby-faced Pakistan gunman, hanged for Mumbai attacks - Yahoo! News India

Now i understood how Pakistani establismeny managed to attack India 4 times in the past 65 years of history .
Jab saale waha ke log hi aise hai to military establishment ke to kya kehne .
Pity on these people . They deserve to be in the shithole that they are in .

:lol: sorry it has nothing to do with fair or unfair trial. all it has to do is with politics be it national or international by India.

And for Congress it was more like being in a fix. But at the end it got itself bailed out :) while opposition on bold out.

Kasab execution: TTP ‘shocked’, LeT says will ‘inspire’ more attacks
By Reuters Published: November 21, 2012
ISLAMABAD: The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) expressed shock over the execution of Ajmal Kasab on Wednesday, the lone surviving gunman of the Mumbai attacks, and the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) said he was a hero and would “inspire” more attacks.

“He was a hero and will inspire other fighters to follow his path,” the commander of Lashkar-e-Taiba told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

The Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan expressed shock over India’s execution of the lone survivor of an attack that killed 166 people in a rampage through the financial capital Mumbai in 2008.

“There is no doubt that it’s very shocking news and a big loss that a Muslim has been hanged on Indian soil,” Taliban spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan told Reuters.

The sole surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai attacks was executed on Wednesday, nearly four years after 166 people were killed in a three-day rampage through India’s financial capital.

Pakistan-born Mohammed Kasab was hanged at Yerwada jail in Pune in the western state of Maharashtra after President Pranab Mukherjee rejected his pleas for mercy earlier this month.

He was sentenced to death in May 2010 after he was found guilty of a string of charges, including waging war against India, murder and terrorist acts.

Are they talking about Amar Singh the hindu with saffron band on his wrist ?

;)

Back
Top Bottom