What's new

India: Israel's Next Major Military Ally?

bloo

Reaction score
Country
India
India: Israel's Next Major Military Ally?
Senior Indian minister coming to Israel as major missile sale is approved - Netanyahu's promise of 'sky's the limit' looks to come true.

By Ari Yashar
First Publish: 10/24/2014, 8:34 AM

540557.jpg

Binyamin Netanyahu, Narendra Modi
Avi Ohayon/Flash 90

India's Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh is set to make a high-level visit to Israel next month, in the first Home Minister visit since a 2000 trip that began resurgent bilateral ties - the visit comes after India last month approved a $144 million missile purchase from Israel.

Singh, whose position is roughly parallel to Internal Security Minister, is to meet Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on November 6 as part of a four-day trip with senior officials, Indian diplomatic sources told the Times of India on Thursday.

India is currently the largest buyer of Israeli defense hardware, and Israel's military delegation to India is second only in size to its delegation to America. The two countries also have a Joint Working group on counter-terrorism, with bilateral ties flourishing under India's new Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Netanyahu and Modi met in New York last month, where he told him "we are excited about the possibilities of stronger ties with India, and the sky is the limit."

The statement came the same month that Modi approved the purchase of 262 Israeli-made Barak 1 surface-to-air missiles, in a $144 million deal that will arm India's 14 battleships over the course of five years.

The deal had been frozen since a scandal in 2006, when suspicions of corruption by Indian politicians surfaced claiming that they had taken bribes in return for advancing weapons deals. Those suspicions were never proven, and with Israeli-Indian ties flourishing the deal has come back into play.

India has been actively buying Israeli weapons; last year it approved the purchase of 15 Heron drones.

The two countries are also involved in joint military projects, with Israel developing the Barak 8 advanced missile in cooperation with India, further pointing to the strong military ties.

Reportedly Israel is also looking to sell its Iron Dome anti-missile defense system to India as well, as India is interested in using the system to defend its key assets.

As defense ties with America continue to grow tense, as highlighted in Operation Protective Edge when US President Barack Obama froze the routine transfer of Hellfire missiles to Israel and ordered scrutiny on future shipments, Israel continues to show signs of developing Asian allies such as India, China and Japan.

India: Israel's Next Major Military Ally? - Global Agenda - News - Arutz Sheva

Last edited:
Oh for PHuccccckkkkkks sake.
India is just a buyer of Israeli made weapons, and Israel just a seller. They provide us some intel on terrorist activities, their companies invest in water-management and we do JV's in case of a few military applications which is mostly them making the tech and us producing (aka license producing).
Thats it.
There is nothing more to it. All this India-Israel 'friendship' is only in the heads of a few deluded Indians.

Israel and India should share more and more scientific, educational knowledge.

We have large number of Jews people.

India is just a buyer of Israeli made weapons, and Israel just a seller. They provide us some intel on terrorist activities, their companies invest in water-management and we do JV's in case of a few military applications which is mostly them making the tech and us producing (aka license producing).
Thats it.
There is nothing more to it. All this India-Israel 'friendship' is only in the heads of a few deluded Indians.

I doubt that, other than Israel I hardly find any other nations out there, where we share such relationship

Both India and Israel starts with I which have common enemy Islam which starts with I as well. I am sure they are Ally made in heaven.

Thats it.
Like u guys use to say for chipak, indo isreal Indo isreal wong waye wong waye ,higher than himalaya and deeper than ocean

Both India and Israel starts with I which have common enemy Islam which starts with I as well. I am sure they are Ally made in heaven.

thats one dumb comment to read..

guess what noob,we have more muslims in India than you do.in fact,we have as many as 3 times more muslims than you do.so,hold your Lungi...

thats one dumb comment to read..

guess what noob,we have more muslims in India than you do.in fact,we have as many as 3 times more muslims than you do.so,hold your Lungi...

And you wish them to vanish everyday. Even Israel has more Muslims than the jews.

Well we need tech. They have it.They need men and numbers.Damn! We have it!!

And you wish them to vanish everyday. Even Israel has more Muslims than the jews.

and who told you this $h!t,noob??one of my very good friend is muslim.I don't even think twice before sharing food with him.and I'm a Hindu Brahmin.you know,there is a reason why Indian members here despise Bangladeshi trolls like you.

Back
Top Bottom