What's new

India is perfectly capable of Winning a Two-Front WAR

2 front war is always a bad idea, look what happens to Germany over estimating herself, now Indians are doing the same

Interesting, I see Indian friends complaining about Pakistanis going on about nukes all the time but when China comes in to play they start singing the same tune :D
Where you heard Indian govt or military posing a nuke threat to anyone?
India conventionally is enough strong to deter China.
If India and China go to the war in future , it will be only conventional war, not nukes.

Facts:
china spends 5-6x times more than India(historically even more)
their equipment is 3-5x times cheaper due to being indigenous vs expensive imports in case of india(e.g trainers, propellar basic trainers, ships, transport, helicopters, fighter jets)

they out number india to 7 to 1 in air force, 8 to 1 in ships, 8 to 1 in submarines

i would give a final score of 1:10 in favor of china

saying india can win a conventional war from china, is like saying that Bangladesh is going to defeat india in a conventional war

i am not even sure where the two front war idea came from

Facts:
china spends 5-6x times more than India(historically even more)
their equipment is 3-5x times cheaper due to being indigenous vs expensive imports in case of india(e.g trainers, propellar basic trainers, ships, transport, helicopters, fighter jets)

they out number india to 7 to 1 in air force, 8 to 1 in ships, 8 to 1 in submarines

i would give a final score of 1:10 in favor of china

saying india can win a conventional war from china, is like saying that Bangladesh is going to defeat india in a conventional war

i am not even sure where the two front war idea came from
Global Fire power military ranking puts China at no. 3 and India at no. 4. So any war between China and India will be as interesting as a war between China and Russia or Russia and America. It wont be like a one sided war between a number 4 military and number 13.

Not minor , it is more then Kargil, more then 600+ injured / died ... 2 site attack at same time, But India still on those Area. Which means Chinese attack repulsed and china casualty was heavy as then didn't tried again since then

More exaggeration than reality. 1962 was the real and complete war. And we know who won it.

More exaggeration than reality. 1962 was the real and complete war. And we know who won it.
yes it was surprise attack post which was manned by few soldiers , but Chinese run always when main army started to arrive. We all know how in Tawang, Chinese run back from tawang without fighting after seeing main army arriving and now asking Tawang to settle dispute.

Himalayas will play the major role in saving India, while Pak have serious weapon problems in hand. India Tie Pak hands n control in its border.

Last edited:
If India and China go to the war in future , it will be only conventional war, not nukes.

But you never know...The suicide flu may be contagious and strong winds could blow it towards India from our Western neighbor!:partay:

On a serious note, India and China will not go to war. Both have too much to loose, unlike certain countries whose strength lies in hopeless desperation.

Yah there are many hypothetical "what ifs". Yours is a famous example (esp for original stronghold formation esp in comparison to what say Aurangzeb did to British sailors that tried any funny business outside agreed upon terms).

Others include....like what if Maratha's didnt take English at their word and instead pursued their campaign right to the lion's lair in Bengal and Madras when they were beating them and had the momentum (in the 1st anglo-maratha war). It gave very crucial time for the British to regroup, re-analyse and of course create and consolidate the network of backstabbers like they essentially did in their first strongholds....and that was what doomed indigenous political control of subcontinent. After winning the next two Anglo-Maratha wars, they just had too much control of a critical mass of India...something that would quickly consolidate and get absorbed into one political reality anywhere in the world quite organically and with little effort....so India was no different in that situation.

You got to give it to the British, they were far ahead of anyone else in the world when it came to statecraft through any means necessary. They aimed big, went all in, played for high stakes and for the long term and it worked out for them....all on the backs of a population several times larger. Ultimately the majority of people everywhere want stability, peace and to be left alone. The average peasant does not really care about who's running politics till you start physically making his limited lot in life untenable (hence british raj lasted a good long time as far as empires go in the subcontinent)....or enough of the domestic elite rally at the same time and are presented with an opportunity to take power themselves, and the peasants get swept into all that fervour (which is how and why the British ultimately left).

Its a very long subject as you can imagine....and well worth reading to learn and understand from.
There is no doubt that indians, internally divided, were no match for the cunning and treacherous British. However, I think even a peasant felt that he has been slaved but he had no power to change the ground realities. However British used unmatched tyranny which no one had used before them. They cut the hands of artisans of Bengal, many tyrannical rules that were aimed at enslaving the nation while on the other hands Mughal and other rulers, though they came as occupiers and invaders as well but they made india their home, though as usual there were killings during war which an unfortunately but a part of the war but later on they loved the land, they respected the local culture, they made india their home, they were born and died in india...unlike Britishers who ruled india as a colony with a very different set of rules for their colony and their mainland... so it is not fair to to consider the same..

HK was leased, and India was owned.

Care to elaborate on the Chinese occupation by: US, UK, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Russia starting 1840s?

Care to explain impact of Trans Siberian rail network and loss of Outer Mongolia ... aka present day Siberia?

Oh ... I seem to recall Siberia is still with Mother Russia.

Will be glad to know your views

yes it was surprise attack post which was manned by few soldiers , but Chinese run always when main army started to arrive. We all know how in Tawang, Chinese run back from tawang without fighting after seeing main army arriving and now asking Tawang to settle dispute.

Himalayas will play the major role in saving India, while Pak have serious weapon problems in hand. India Tie Pak hands n control in its border.

Whatever 1967 was a minor incident and not a full war and no matter how much you exaggerate you can't change that.

Pak weapon problems are very much in control and not a big issue. Chinese growing weapon modernization and development is only going to help Pakistan further.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate on the Chinese occupation by: US, UK, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Russia starting 1840s?

Care to explain impact of Trans Siberian rail network and loss of Outer Mongolia ... aka present day Siberia?

Chinese government put up a fight and lost the war, so the concessions to the big powers then. That's what we called "century of humiliation" and it will not be repeated.

I do not have to go into details as how the Subcontinent looked like back then, as you surely know your history before 1947. I don't think it is a very good subject that you try to take on China.

Last edited:

After a long time you are here.. :welcome:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom