What's new

India is losing the race: NY Times

Yeah the race never ends but the gap is widening contrary to west's perceptions as mentioned in article.The indian dreams of becoming regional bully have shattered..

India is a Regional Superpower-militarily and economically-in South Asia.

I agree that our GDP growth rate has not been impressive(against our own performance in past), but that is temporary.

The gap between other south Asian nations and India when it comes to technology, economy, military capacity is widening.

China may be a benchmark when it comes to GDP and Economy, but we follow a different model which have been overall successful till now and with needed changes it will give the same results it was giving 2 years back.

Currently, the gap is widening enormously in our favour.

Considering that our base economy is four times larger to begin with, and with a faster percentage growth rate too. Leading to a significant gap in actual GDP increase.

However the future is still uncertain. By declaring that the "race is over", the New York Times are counting their chickens too early.

Like General MacArthur declaring that they would win the Korean war easily, famously saying that they would be "home by Christmas". That of course went to Hell after the Chinese intervention, ending with the longest retreat in American military history.
@Chinese-Dragon, i don't understand the concept of India & China in some sort of RACE & why some western countries & western neighbors jumping up & down over it.

To begin with China is nearly 3.5 times that of India in land area, so it has 3.5 times more resources, so do China is having more population than India. China has nearly 13-14 years of Head Start over India in economic liberalization not to mention 100s of years of foreign rule which drained out Indian resources whereas China was more or less Independent + China has completely different Politico-military set-up when compared to India. 90% of China is made up of just one ethnicity whereas India is the best example of different ethnic groups residing under one roof, but this do create troubles at times in taking uniform policy decisions as this creates chaos.

Even after so much of negatives for India, if it is still considered to be in some sort of RACE with China than all praise should be reserved for India instead of China :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the race never ends but the gap is widening contrary to west's perceptions as mentioned in article.The indian dreams of becoming regional bully have shattered..

thank you for letting us know that India ever really wanted to be a regional bully, because on this side of the border, i can line up more than a billion Indians who will blame the govt ministers of being a spineless and ball-less creatures in dealing with terror and other issues, so much spineless that even the Americans asked our govt to become aggressive.

What... World Domination? :lol:
I'm going to assume that you are joking. Even America the hyperpower could not achieve that.
The goal is to make a developing country with 1+ billion people into a "developed" country... Before the world's resources start running out...
World or regional domination is a fantasy.

The whole thing about the race is the joke....world domination was of course part of that joke.

If economic, social and cultural advancement of the citizens are the issue then we have to do it even if no one else is doing it. Hence the whole concept of race is negated.

If the race is all about grabbing world resources by force then that race will be lost by all those who participate in it. World trade is now firmly established and grabbing resources by force is now impossible as china will discover in south china sea. Tibet was the last grabbing you will ever do.

If the race is all about grabbing world resources by force then that race will be lost by all those who participate in it. World trade is now firmly established and grabbing resources by force is now impossible as china will discover in south china sea. Tibet was the last grabbing you will ever do.

WTF? Grabbing resources by force? :rolleyes:

Take a look, China has not had any cross-border bloodshed/killing with any other country for over 30 years.

Don't you think it is hypocritical to lecture us on the use of force when the entire world media has been talking about beheadings on your borders the whole past month.

If BJP lead saffron extremists government wins in upcoming Indian elections it will be a disaster for Indian economy.

WTF? Grabbing resources by force? :rolleyes:

Take a look, China has not had any cross-border bloodshed/killing with any other country for over 30 years.

...and we all hope it stays that way. (especially your neighbors without nukes)

If BJP lead saffron extremists government wins in upcoming Indian elections it will be a disaster for Indian economy.

In that case you should be supporting 'saffron' BJP right ? ..... better than beheading solders and sending terrorists.

...and we all hope it stays that way. (especially your neighbors without nukes)

In that case you should be supporting 'saffron' BJP right ? .....

Yeah i hate them but i support them to win elections so Indians can see from their own eyes how bad and problematic they can be for India.

Yeah i hate them but i support them to win elections so Indians can see from their own eyes how bad and problematic they can be for India.
Dude, you should pray for BJP. Because it was Congress rule when RAW flourished and it was Congress that made Bangladesh. :lol:

BJP came with Lahore Bus. :lol:

...dont forget to send donations to BJP or RSS. ...... its better than donating to terrorists organization. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom