India_Filth_garbage_street-1.jpg

Filthy_street_homeless_India-1.jpg

India_filth_cows_garbage-1.jpg

Public_Urinals_Filthy_India-1.jpg

filth_India_garbage_waste-1.jpg

Garbage_sewage_India_Filthy-1.jpg

filthy_india_urinate_public_toilet.jpg

https://theplanetd.com/india-is-filthy/

Now let's see how long it will take Indians to come in here and make excuses and tell us it's all a lie or its only very, very small areas and it's all a lie and how India is beautiful, clean, tourist love it etc LOL.

And if you guys really want to see how nice Indians are read the comments, lots of threats and abuse.

"BY BOIO JANUARY 7, 2018 - 4:27 AM
Lived in Mumbai and Thane for 3months in total. I can say without a shadow of doubt that India was by far the dirtiest place I have been to. Maybe because it is a big city. Dunno. But the odours, congestion, uncollected refuse, cow dung, open sewers, crowded filthy blighted tenements and open spaces and swamps turned to landfills; is out of this world. Yes it is intespaced by beautiful estates(read societies) but for the sake of me Mumbai is a global city one would be hard pressed to return"

This is what they wrote with those pictures to explain how they came to this conclusion.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the fact that India is much cleaner than we expected.

Well, the minute I posted that article, I have been eating my words.

India is Filthy

Ever since that day, India has become progressively worse. You see, we started our journey through the country in the South of India.

We had heard all of the stories about the garbage, the cow dung, the pollution etc.

We thought that we should ease our way into India so that we would be more prepared once we traveled north.

The South is Cleaner than the North

Goa was so nice, it had people cleaning the beaches each morning. (Except for the cow carcass that the dogs gnawed on each day) We even saw garbage trucks go by every once in a while. Hampi may have been rough around the edges but it was still possible to walk without a gagging on a regular basis.

Kerala almost seems sanitized at this point and Mumbai, well lets just say, I would love to go back to Mumbai. It had a few sidewalks that we could walk on. It had a few garbage cans here and there and it even had a waterfront path to escape the traffic. We didn't even see cows in Coloba or the Fort District.

In retrospect I think that we may have made the wrong choice starting in the south. I think that if we traveled in the opposite direction we would have witnessed India becoming cleaner as we go. Sure it would have been just baby steps to cleanliness, but with each city we would have noticed an improvement.

Instead, we are seeing a dirtier and dirtier India with each stop.

We have become so grossed out in the North that we just may wimp out after Varanasi and the tiger sanctuary and skip out of Dodge while we still have happy thoughts about India.

Rajasthan has been noticeably a mess.
Our first stop was Udaipur and we loved that town. Sure, it had cow dung and garbage in the streets.

The lake was polluted and at times you could smell the stench of urine where men had peed against the wall, but it wasn't too bad.

As we have moved on, each city has become more cluttered with refuse, human waste is in the streets along with the cow dung.

Open sewers flow along the foundations of the building. It is impossible to walk anywhere.

The filth was becoming more apparent with each day.

Yes, I am eating my words. I admit it, I take everything back.

The Government Needs to Do Something
Now that we are in Rajasthan, we wonder why the governing body doesn't get its act together. There is no need to live in this waste.

It's still worth it to go to India: Get the Lonely Planet India Travel Guide

There are a billion people in India, it should be easy to employ people to clean up the street. Why not put in some garbage cans? That would be a great start.

If things are too disgusting to start off, why not put your criminals to work? We have punishments in Canada where people are sentenced to community service.

Dave and I walk around daily and state how there isn't a reason for all this mess.

Well, we can't talk while we are walking. I have to assume the position of walking behind him while he leads the way.

It is impossible to walk side by side. We must walk in single file.

We have to walk on the road with the cars, the rickshaws and the cows and oh yeah, the filth.

Walking in India is Hard Work
We commented to each other that India is very bad for the relationship. We never get to hold hands or socialize while we walk.

Nope, walking in India is work.

I have to walk with my scarf around my nose to block out the disgusting smells that linger in the air.

We have to watch where we step, we can never take our eye off the road.

One lapse in concentration and you could easily be stepping in a gooey mess of giant poop.

Maybe they should have touts sell hip waders I'm sure they would be a big hit!

All the while you have to dodge buses, cars, rickshaws and the odd loogie of spit coming out of windows or flying through the air from somewhere.

You may trip over a homeless guy sleeping in the street… or a sleeping dog. Cows don't move for anything and you have to fend off touts and beggars the entire time.

Do you want an adventure? Try going out for a leisurely stroll in India.

Stench of Urination in the Streets

The temples are beautiful, the forts are nice, but the waste, the shit and garbage are such a turn off that we are really considering leaving the country.

What can I say, we've reached our limit. We just can't get past the feces and rotting food in the street.

It really makes us appreciate what we have in Canada…A Garbage Union.

Random pics dont prove much. Similarly the few tall buildings and malls that few Indians post to show us how developed India is, has no significance either.

One has to understand that India is inhabitant to 1.3 Billion humans. So hygiene would be a major challenge for the government and authorities. Also public is not very good in keeping streets clean, when food is priority for the bottom 30 %.

Interesting, one of the pics shows a cow which is a Hindu ''God" literally eating trash. Interesting and very different concept of God.

I have been to quite a few developing countries deep in villages and never seen this much filth and poverty. Massive wealth gap.

How can a patriotic Hindustani allow this to happen? Gao mata is grazing in filth alongside a low caste dog.

I say just slaughter those two already.

India_Filth_garbage_street-1.jpg

Filthy_street_homeless_India-1.jpg

Public_Urinals_Filthy_India-1.jpg

filth_India_garbage_waste-1.jpg

Garbage_sewage_India_Filthy-1.jpg

filthy_india_urinate_public_toilet.jpg

Now let's see how long it will take Indians to come in here and make excuses and tell us it's all a lie or its only very, very small areas and it's all a lie and how India is beautiful, clean, tourist love it etc LOL.

And if you guys really want to see how nice Indians are read the comments, lots of threats and abuse.

"BY BOIO JANUARY 7, 2018 - 4:27 AM
Lived in Mumbai and Thane for 3months in total. I can say without a shadow of doubt that India was by far the dirtiest place I have been to. Maybe because it is a big city. Dunno. But the odours, congestion, uncollected refuse, cow dung, open sewers, crowded filthy blighted tenements and open spaces and swamps turned to landfills; is out of this world. Yes it is intespaced by beautiful estates(read societies) but for the sake of me Mumbai is a global city one would be hard pressed to return"

Dirty people. Dirty places.

That will be the scenes in most of the cities in the world before municipal workers come to clean in morning..

The problem is India would look like that even after municipal workers are done with their job for the day.:D

Interesting, one of the pics shows a cow which is a Hindu ''God" literally eating trash. Interesting and very different concept of God.

I have been to quite a few developing countries deep in villages and never seen this much filth and poverty. Massive wealth gap.

Cleanliness is to do with habits not wealth.

And your point is ?

India is dirty. People should not visit India. All tourism money of India should go to other countries which are clean.

I say just slaughter those two already.

Dirty people. Dirty places.

The problem is India would look like that even after municipal workers are done with their job for the day.:D
I know that you know, why the hell others know :D

Random pics dont prove much. Similarly the few tall buildings and malls that few Indians post to show us how developed India is, has no significance either.

One has to understand that India is inhabitant to 1.3 Billion humans. So hygiene would be a major challenge for the government and authorities. Also public is not very good in keeping streets clean, when food is priority for the bottom 30 %.

Cleanliness is a habit. It has nothing to do with one being rich or not. I have seen many Brahmins who are dirt poor but OCD clean. Problem in India are primarily corruption and habits.

All Municipal corporations are super rich with cash but streets are not maintained due to corruption.

This is a lie you're all jealous, india supar powa ok modi chai wala powa.

I won't be surprised if India look the same even after we become a 10 Trillion dollar economy.

I dont know what cities your talking about but that place has NEVER been cleaned.

I think we have very different definitions of cleaned.
:o::o: you know a lot about cleaning .. municipality ??:what:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom