What's new

India is dominant regionally,There was an era when the world used to see India & Pakistan on equal terms. Today nobody does that : S Jaishankar

Hmm, China is dangerously close to that 2%, Vietnam and S. Korea already pass that (N. Korea probably already more), Japan is trying to reach that 2%.
Hmm, seems Asia will be a hotzone in the future.
Our part of Asia has always been hot zone.

Even if is was a misfire, 🚀 successfully
managed to penetrate deep into the territory of 🇵🇰, key point is we have demonstrated HQ9 (🇨🇳)or none of your ADS can intercept the high speed projectile, s the objective is clear and louder

Blah blah. Keep crying. You are just a charade. Filthy in every way imaginable. I am glad we parted ways. Despite Pakistan having a nasty army who does US bidding. It is all worth it.

Who would want to live among people who kill you for eating beef.

Hmm, China is dangerously close to that 2%, Vietnam and S. Korea already pass that (N. Korea probably already more), Japan is trying to reach that 2%.
Hmm, seems Asia will be a hotzone in the future.

If your economy is already good, it doesn't matter if you have defense budget around 2% of GDP. It is because the state revenue has already been high, they can manage that spending, and if the local defense industry is already advanced, much of the spending is actually going to the domestic economy and local high-tech industry.

Developing nations need to keep defense spending below 1 % of GDP as they still need that money for something that has huge multiplier effect like infrastructure, education, institution and government reform (raising their salary and improve selection process), and others.

------------------------------------------------

East Asia in my opinion will likely be able to set aside their territory dispute as they are more focus on economic development and current trade pact between us will likely make our leaders see the region stability and peace as something that needs to be preserved and maintained since it can bring more benefit than solving territory dispute with military angle.

If your economy is already good, it doesn't matter if you have defense budget around 2 % of GDP. It is because the state revenue has already been high, they can manage that spending, and if the local defense industry is already advanced, much of the spending is actually going to the domestic economy and local high-tech industry.

Developing nations need to keep defense spending below 1 % as they still need that money for something that has huge multiplier effect like infrastructure, education, institution and government reform (raising their salary and improve selection process), and others.

------------------------------------------------

East Asia in my opinion will likely be able to set aside their territory dispute as they are more focus on economic development and current trade pact between us will likely make our leaders see the region stability and peace as something that needs to be preserved and maintained since it can bring as more benefit than solving military dispute with military angle.
It will probably depend on Taiwan.
If the KMT gets back to power, it will be smooth sailing again.

It will probably depend on Taiwan.
If the KMT gets back to power, it will be smooth sailing again.

If we use worst case scenario to happen, still I doubt US will fight China over Taiwan. China possible invasion over Taiwan should not create people to think that East Asia will be warlike region. The war will be contained within China and Taiwan, something that we can see happening between Russia vs Ukraine. That war is unlikely create economic downturn on our region since the actors are only China and Taiwan with close proximity between them.

Japan and South Korea is unlikely to enter the war zone, it will be suicide for them. Only US and Western world that could possibly impose economic sanction to China and possibly send weapon and ammunition to Taiwan if they have chances to do so

East Asia countries have acknowledged Taiwan belongs to China, so China invasion over Taiwan is something that we dont see as dangerous to the region as a whole.

If we use worst scenario to happen, still I doubt US will fight China over Taiwan. China possible invasion over Taiwan should not create people to think that East Asia will be warlike region. The war will be contained within China and Taiwan, something that we can see happening between Russia vs Ukraine. That war is unlikely create economic downturn on our region since the actors are only China and Taiwan with close proximity between them.

Japan and South Korea is unlikely to enter the war zone, it will be suicide for them. Only US and Western world that could possibly impose economic sanction to China and possibly send weapon and ammunition to Taiwan if they have chances to do so

East Asia countries have acknowledged Taiwan belongs to China, so China invasion over Taiwan is something that we dont see thing as dangerous to the region as a whole.
The most dangerous scenario is US forces or DPP make Taiwan declare independence, that will force the chinese to invade Taiwan to either save face and/or keep Taiwan.

And when Taiwan is in danger, Japan will worry about their sealane and it can trigger a reaction.

Either ways, as long as KMT gets into power and maintain a status-quo, it will be fine. The US is already in the process of bringing TSMC to the US so it's already thinking of abandoning Taiwan.

Our part of Asia has always been hot zone.

Pakistan is not going to grow neither develop. I will be blunt. Pakistan has little future. Unless the Pakistani army is curbed and brought under control. The main problem in Pakistan is the army who is gone rabid out of control. That is the plain bitter truth. Any country that has an army that interferes in the political sphere is bound to suffer. Pakistan is a classic example of this.

If we use worst case scenario to happen, still I doubt US will fight China over Taiwan. China possible invasion over Taiwan should not create people to think that East Asia will be warlike region. The war will be contained within China and Taiwan, something that we can see happening between Russia vs Ukraine. That war is unlikely create economic downturn on our region since the actors are only China and Taiwan with close proximity between them.

East Asia countries have acknowledged Taiwan belongs to China, so China invasion over Taiwan is something that we dont see as dangerous to the region as a whole.
People thought the same regarding Russia/Ukraine and here we are feeling the shocks. Only thing Russia provided was oil/gas and wheat.

Your region's entire supply chain is dependent on China/Taiwan.

WAR between CHina and Taiwan will create a lot of issues... Russia-Ukraine war is a prime example.

China will not be easily going to take over Taiwan... Many other powers will directly and indirectly in the war. CHina will probably be paying more cost.

People thought the same regarding Russia/Ukraine and here we are feeling the shocks. Only thing Russia provided was oil/gas and wheat.

Your region's entire supply chain is dependent on China/Taiwan.
China missed out their punch when Russia does their special liberation.
If China and Russia have done both Ukraine/Taiwan, it would have been over for the US by now.

The US cannot handle that 1-2 if it happens back in February, such a shame.

Yes, you are right.
But, if someone asks Germany then they would respond in a similar way. And Lithuania aka Pakistan also knows it’s place. That’s not the case here. Our very own Pakistan wants to be treated at par. That is laughable.

Actually, it is Pakistan shouting out loud Mai bhi hu, mai bhi hu. And people look, smirk and move on.
That is where you got it wrong.
Where do u see Pakistan shouting? I don't think u r understanding what is being said...
...u r using an average PDF Pakistani or PDF Indian for ur argument.
What I'm highlighting is what Indian politicians, leaders, and other ppl in a position to represent India...they are the ones u will see who are constantly involved in this inferiority complex...
...the media is full of such statements trying to scream Indian superiority to the world. Feel free to look it up ..it spans decades.
...then compare similar sort of behavior coming from those who represent Pakistan(leaders) and see how often they make such d*ck measuring statements on the world stage trying to prove themselves superior to India.

Where do u see Pakistan shouting? I don't think u r understanding what is being said...
...u r using an average PDF Pakistani or PDF Indian for ur argument.
What I'm highlighting is what Indian politicians, leaders, and other ppl in a position to represent India...they are the ones u will see who are constantly involved in this inferiority complex...
...the media is full of such statements trying to scream Indian superiority to the world. Feel free to look it up ..it spans decades.
...then compare similar sort of behavior coming from those who represent Pakistan(leaders) and see how often they make such d*ck measuring statements on the world stage trying to prove themselves superior to India.
They need to shout because despite the economic success their internal situation is quite different. They are good at keeping a different face for the outside world.
Progress should bring hope among people and put faith in the system. In India its the opposite. The ones with money are the most fearful about staying back and least hopeful about their country.
All the Indians I have met here have the same level of faith in their country's system as Afghans have in theirs.
They are basically Afghans with money.

How NOT to get rich is the lesson to be learned from India. All that chaos, inequality, sense of deprivation despite having wealth, it kills the purpose of progress.

1. They are way ahead of us on every front. Even their airlines are ranked higher.
2. we need to stop these "participation trophies" we give ourselves. We are losing, even behind Bangladesh and soon afghanistan.
3. Military dictatorships never go anywhere. No superpower has ever come from military leading it.

We are ranked near bottom of multiple lists.

They are good at keeping a different face for the outside world.
Not really. Outsiders know exactly how internal situation is. They know that it is not great. But this is India vs Pakistan comparison.
The ones with money are the most fearful about staying back and least hopeful about their country.
There was a thread on rich Indians planning to leave. Let them leave. That would still be a minuscule number. Few decades back anyone leaving the country was opposed and a word “brain drain” was associated with this exodus. Look what that diaspora has done for India. Unmatched soft power in US and Europe. Top money earners and influencers for India. Depends on which side of coin one looks at.
All the Indians I have met here have the same level of faith in their country's system as Afghans have in theirs.
I would disagree with this. I am an Indian who stays in India. We're unhappy on quite a few things but happy on others. Is it possible to have a nation with everyone happy? That too a third world country?

Jaishankar and other officials should stop mentioning Paksiatn at any place. Don’t know what was the context of this statement by the EAM though.
Modi hasn’t uttered the word Paksiatn and China in the last few years. Right here on the pdf there have been pages and pages written about how sacred he is to take these names.

Naam le lo to infatuated and obsessed.
Na lo to darpok.

Ek baar bol do tum log chahte kya ho?

International citizens.

Translation, you can take windy out of Pakistan, but you cannot take white man sucking out of windy.
Dude let's be realistic.
You on this forum can debate, argue or have a laugh WITH say Pakistani members alas I do same with Indian members and then we have, Chinese, Bangladeshi, American, English, Russian even Israeli members we can interact with apart from whole lot of others.
Now tell me who else visits or joins the Indian defence forums. They just run on the principal of blind leading blind and the one who abuses Pakistan and Pakistanis the most gets a full bowl of rice.
Besides I was never fond of fair'n lovely. Better to be and show what you are rather than erecting fake walls to hide your poverty and slums just to impress the White man.

Back
Top Bottom