What's new

India is a dream market for investors: Buffet

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
India is a dream market for investors: Buffet - Business News - IBNLive

The 80-year-old billionaire investor Warren Buffet is on his maiden visit to India. Speaking exclusively to CNBC-TV18's Shereen Bhan, Buffet the chairman and chief executive officer of Berkshire Hathaway said India is a 'dream market for investors'. "The market is growing, getting more prosperous by the day, businesses are flourishing," he said.

Warren Buffet: The market is growing, getting more prosperous by the day, where businesses are flourishing. This is a dream market in a sense. The number of people, the buying power that they are gaining, the ability to produce things, everything is getting better everyday.

I'm a retard for coming to India so late: Warren Buffett

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...o-late-Warren-Buffett/articleshow/7766499.cms

Real estate in mumbai. Dadar where I live goes for 20k a square foot now. Was less than 7k 10 years back

Dude, real estate prices in Mumbai has barely changed in the past 2-3 years compared to Kolkata, Delhi or Bangalore.

And the profit is much more in smaller cities compared to larger cities.

Irish company picks 3 'partners' from IIM-A

AHMEDABAD: Call it incubation of a different kind. Ireland-headquartered engineering company Ingersoll Rand (IR) has hired three students from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) as 'Entrepreneur Partners' for a period of two years.

Usually, students get either placed in companies or start own ventures. With this experiment, IR plans to mentor the students and help them turn independent entrepreneurs who partner with the company to expand business at the end of two years.

Buffet is so right... day dream, wet dream, dream of dream... India is full of dreams. :smitten:

Dude, real estate prices in Mumbai has barely changed in the past 2-3 years compared to Kolkata, Delhi or Bangalore.

And the profit is much more in smaller cities compared to larger cities.

Your joking? My cousin bought a flat in ghatkopar after the stock market crash in 08. Cost him 5400 a sq foot. today its worth 10k.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Buffet is so right... day dream, wet dream, dream of dream... India is full of dreams. :smitten:

Go to ebay and type 'life'. Buy one for yourself even if you have to sell your house.

Well I also had a feel that is is late for investments into India.... but the good thing is that he has probably realized the potential and many more will follow him into India... Wonder what all sectors will he be investing.

Your joking? My cousin bought a flat in ghatkopar after the stock market crash in 08. Cost him 5400 a sq foot. today its worth 10k.

Flat prices climb down 10-15% - Money - DNA

Property prices in Mumbai drop by 1.1% in October 2010 - says Makaan.com Property Index - MakaanIQ.com

City Level: Over the last 1 year,i.e. between October 2009 to October 2010, some cities have seen significant increase in property prices. Ahmedabad, Delhi and Kolkata saw prices increase by 65.1%, 31.5%, 26.2% respectively. Other cities that also saw rise in prices are Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Prices in these cities went up by 9.2%, 6.8% and 0.2% respectively. On the other hand Chennai and Mumbai saw decrease in property prices by 12.4% and 5.5% respectively. These cities have led the National Index to increase by 6.6% over the last 1 year.

Year-on-Year Movement: As compared to last year i.e October 2009, the Mumbai MPI in October 2010 has decreased by 5.5%. Prices had dropped significantly in the second quarter of 2009 due to the economic slowdown. From thereon, the prices have been rising steadily, with minor highs and lows over the last 3 quarters.

No, i am not joking.

Thanks mods for banning this Troll speeder 2!!!

@Topic

Buffet is correct ..! We do have a huge market but we need to utilise all available resources to make our country a better place...

Back
Top Bottom