What's new

India introduces World's first hospital-train

The first picture seems to come from a Chinese lifeline express train and source.

Category:Lifeline Express of China - Wikimedia Commons

健康快車 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

Also it seems China already has a medical train, one that seems much better equipped.

Good for China !!

and while people do not have even basic health care facilities in remote areas do care about these equipments right ?

BTW suggest these Quality issues :pleasantry: to the people who come for treatment here in India from your side.

ask them to go to well equipped chinese hospitals or Western countries.

those who can not appreciate a good effort are not welcome.

people who are saying its not a good idiea..please think that what this train will b used for......

this train will b used for treatment of rural people with little or no access to healthcare.....this is how it gonna work....

the train will move to a rural railway stations and will stay there for 1-7 days and treat poor with free regular checkups or free vaccination by this they can move to village by village and deliver their vaccination or treatment.....and support the cause

for some anti india eyes nd brains saying these will not b able to do surgeries
there is no way these gonna work while moving....say if a patient in a village A needs to get treated if this train is moving he will b given off at station E or F:cuckoo:
especially for @Talon

Bro everybody who talks against ...is not necessarily our enemy .
and everybody who talks nice about us is not necessarily our well-wisher .

Truth is that India's public health care system is virtually moribund .

I can say that because I am medico and I have worked in interiors of India and also I have seen health care systems in similarly placed country like Thailand ( which is rather impressive ) or much better and commendable systems in other developed countries ....

we are worse than most of the Asian countries when it comes to health care ...

I am saying while basic health care system has totally collapsed .,what are we going to achieve by piecemeal efforts .

I know something is better than nothing .

and I may sound absolutely pessimistic ...but

when whole sky is torn apart ...one can't be content with patch-work in few places ....

all successive governments have totally ignored the health sector

If you set to scrutinize so called India's elite government hospitals also which are lavishly funded ...will not pass the minimum standards of district hospitals in developed countries ....forget talking about primary health care !

I am against self congratulating about something as little as this when whole health system is non existent .

When, where and what exactly was constructed in the name of our Basic Healthcare system for it to have collapsed?:rolleyes:

I agree that this Train on wheels is more for show rather than a serious effort at providing affordable healthcare to our folks from remote corners.

and everybody ho talks nice about us is not necessarily our well-wisher .

I can say that because I am medico and I have worked in interiors of India and also I have seen health care systems in similarly placed country like Thailand ( which is rather impressive ) or much better and commendable systems in other developed countries ....

We got your point bro.

while you are sitting abroad enjoying services in well equipped Hospitals . . people here are bound to appreciate these small small measures.

Don't get me wrong but go and ask a persona who can't even buy a ticket to travel to the nearest town for treatment is getting free services on this train.

ask them if its worth it or not.

All countries follow multi pronged approach... Even the so called developed ones....
What we need is more public investment in health sector.... Its not neglected but usually not given importance it deserves.

Multi pronged approach ?
we have no approach what so ever when it comes to health care ....

It's absolutely neglected and wasted ....

Me and tens thousands of doctors like me are working overseas and India has shortage of medical personnel ...why ?

Have you ever been to Primary Health care centre ?

You should visit once ...and you will know the state of the affairs of health system ....

When, where and what exactly was constructed in the name of our Basic Healthcare system for it to have collapsed?:rolleyes:

I agree that this Train on wheels is more for show rather than a serious effort at providing affordable healthcare to our folks from remote corners.

True ...that's why at one place I said ...non existent health care system ....

and everybody ho talks nice about us is not necessarily our well-wisher .

i agree my mother was too a doc now a tutor in college of nursing :)
but i was arguing for some who said train was useless....
even healthcare in india is affected by corruption.....my mom used to tell me they used to get a certain amount of bottles of a certain amount of medicines for like a month......but they were not enough even for a week....so they had to dissolve med with some other med or whatever....this system sucks.........

i prefer charitable hospitals and private ones over government and this train is too a charitable or ngo cause

for some anti india eyes nd brains saying these will not b able to do surgeries
there is no way these gonna work while moving....say if a patient in a village A needs to get treated if this train is moving he will b given off at station E or F:cuckoo: especially for @Talon
1) Those whose heart there is a disease see everything in through a negative view! Dont know how you missed post 14...Oh wait it was Anti Indian too! But yea sad reality of life is the view through the eyes of Indians!
2) Comprehension issues? I said the train will do surgeries oh yea wait let me make it easier for you since you enjoy skipping post ..you managed to skip post 20

3) The bold part makes no sense....
Especially to a keyboard warrior defending India ^^

even healthcare in india is affected by corruption.....my mom used to tell me they used to get a certain amount of bottles of a certain amount of medicines for like a month......but they were not enough even for a week....so they had to dissolve med with some other med or whatever....this system sucks.........

i prefer charitable hospitals and private ones over government and this train is too a charitable or ngo cause

Train is not useless ..but train is used as guise ...to cover up the bigger problems .

Governments , politicians think by flagging of such trains or by holding health camps or by building AIIMS like hospitals their job is done ....

and they are no more accountable .

and our victory songs from jingoistic-selves only add music to their ears ...so deafening that they do not hear the real cries of help emanating from all corners of India .

1) Those whose heart there is a disease see everything in through a negative view! Dont know how you missed post 14...Oh wait it was Anti Indian too! But yea sad reality of life is the view through the eyes of Indians!
2) Comprehension issues? I said the train will do surgeries oh yea wait let me make it easier for you since you enjoy skipping post ..you managed to skip post 20

3) The bold part makes no sense....
Especially to a keyboard warrior defending India ^^
1)2) these can do minor surgeries.......will provide u a source when i get it.......sorry was a little harsh on u will remove your mention in that post
3) wasnr getting a word in my mind i meant discharged :coffee:

Do you know what are the privileges enjoyed by the charitable hospitals and NGO hospitals ?

and what are their obligations in return of those privileges accorded by government ...?

and how many of them fulfill those obligations ....??

and do you know why Governments fund these NGOs so heavily ?

and who are the people that run those NGOs ?

This is another grey area of " white corruption " and of astronomical proportion ....

Lesser we talk about it ...better it is for our mental health ....

Train is not useless ..but train is used as guise ...to cover up the bigger problems .

Governments , politicians think by flagging of such trains or by holding health camps or by building AIIMS like hospitals their job is done ....

and they are no more accountable .

and our victory songs from jingoistic-selves only add music to their ears ...so deafening that they do not hear the real cries of help emanating from all corners of India .
actually i wasnt concentrating on the govt. or political point of view......not much into politics or dont know much but what i know from experiences of my mother i can say this health care system, health minister, politicians, top officials...they all suck
we will talk more about govt. after 16 may ;).

1)2) these can do minor surgeries.......will provide u a source when i get it.......sorry was a little harsh on u will remove your mention in that post
3) wasnr getting a word in my mind i meant discharged :coffee:
Get off maybe?

Do you know what are the privileges enjoyed by the charitable hospitals and NGO hospitals ?

and what are their obligations in return of those privileges accorded by government ...?

and how many of them fulfill those obligations ....??

and do you know why Governments fund these NGOs so heavily ?

and who are the people that run those NGOs ?

This is another grey area of " white corruption " and of astronomical proportion ....

Lesser we talk about it ...better it is for our mental health ....
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
you can educate me on that!

Btw i visited a few charitables a local one for dental check up...like a whole scaling procedure costs me about 250INR:-) while in private it will shoot to 1000-2500INR:mad:....an govt. duh...they dont even have proper equipment:hitwall:

Get off maybe?
by given off i meant hospital wil give a clean chit that the patient is ok and can b discharged
discharged would b the right word i guess :)

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
you can educate me on that!

Btw i visited a few charitables a local one for dental check up...like a whole scaling procedure costs me about 250INR:-) while in private it will shoot to 1000-2500INR:mad:....an govt. duh...they dont even have proper equipment:hitwall:

I am not saying all NGOs are bad one ...

When I will return to India ...I will work in NGO.

I simply can't work in Government system and private system ...oh they are worse than Shylock !!!

I am not saying all NGOs are bad one ...

When I will return to India ...I will work in NGO.

I simply can't work in Government system and private system ...oh they are worse than Shylock !!!
i prefer NGO's with a lower profile :)
hope a day comes when there will not b any need of joining any NGO(unlikely :P)

Back
Top Bottom