What's new

India has become safer under Manmohan Singh.

Gandalf

BANNED
Reaction score
Mar 3, 2013

Under Manmohan Singh, terrorism has decreased in India and Indians have become safer.

In the eight years the Congress has governed India, terrorism has declined each year, according to data from KPS Gill’s South Asia Terrorism Portal (Terrorism | South Asia Terrorism Portal). Deaths from terrorism have fallen from 3259 in 2005 to 804 last year.
The other aspect is that almost all of these deaths are from Maoist violence and from army operations in the Northeast and Jammu & Kashmir, not violence by what are called Islamists.

And even in these three areas, the number of Indians being killed is in sharp decline. Deaths in Maoist violence were 367 last year (of whom 117 were terrorists, according to SATP). This is down from 602 in 2011 and 1180 the year before that.
Jammu & Kashmir saw 117 deaths last year (of which 84 were terrorists), down from 183 in 2011 and 375 (including 270 terrorists) the year before that.

Numbers show that the period under Manmohan Singh has been relatively safe. AP
The problem area is the northeast, which we don’t usually think of when we say terror because it is so violent all the time. Here also the trajectory of violence is downward.The number of deaths are 317 last year (including 209 terrorists), 246 in 2011, 322 the year before that, 852 in 2009 and 1051 in 2008. The most violent state in India is actually Manipur, and most of the ‘terrorism’ related deaths there are from exchanges between army and militants.

The last full year Atal Behari Vajpayee was in power, 2003, as many Indians were killed in terrorist incidents (3702) as the total for the last three years under Manmohan. How many times have you heard that said before?

This is even more remarkable when we learn that the figures under the BJP excluded all Maoist violence because that wasn’t compiled under ‘terrorism’ till 2004, when Singh came to power.

Now let us turn to Islamist, Hindutva and other terrorist attacks in our cities. This is the subject the media has been writing and broadcasting about since the Hyderabad attacks a few days ago. How unsafe are our cities?

Outside of the three areas that we looked at, the total number of Indians killed in all the other states of India is already low and it is falling.

Last year there were only three deaths (all three terrorists, no civilians) from terrorism in India. That is fewer than those killed in terrorism in the United States that year. In 2011 there were 42 deaths in India, in 2010 there were 25, and only eight in 2009.

To put this in some perspective, last year there were 6211 deaths from terrorist violence in Pakistan, including the killings of 3007 civilians and 732 security forces personnel. That wasn’t exceptional and there were 6303 deaths the year before that, and 7435 the year before that.

Pakistan is exceptional. But in all the nations of Western Europe, whose combined population is 400 million, or one third of India’s, the total number of fatalities in terrorist incidents in 10 years after 9/11 was 439. This is not too different from the number for India, excluding those three areas that are disturbed, and even there, as we have seen, India is becoming more peaceful every year.

It is correct to say that Indian citizens are as safe as the citizens of Europe and America against Islamist terrorism.
You would think that a performance so demonstrably successful would earn Manmohan and his team applause. Instead we have the inane commentaries that issue from a media that is convinced the Congress is doing something wrong here.

The numbers indicate that the Congress government is doing something spectacularly right, and it was actually the BJP that was soft on terror.

After the violence of 2002 in Gujarat, there began a spate of attacks against Gujaratis in Bombay. There were bombings in Zaveri Bazaar and Ghatkopar. The man investigating these, Rakesh Maria, told me then that the attacks would continue for a very long time. He worried that because there was such anger among Muslims for what was happening in Gujarat, ordinary people were taking to violence. But this violence soon stopped, It did because there is also another side to India, the larger side, which is inclusive and secular. It cancelled out the viciousness of Gujarat, and it always will.

India has become safer under Manmohan Singh | Firstpost

(i'm sure lot of us would have read this)

Statistics are like Bikini, they only reveal what is obvious and hide what you really wish to know

As far as a common Indian getting any safer :omghaha:

Mar 3, 2013

Under Manmohan Singh, terrorism has decreased in India and Indians have become safer.

In the eight years the Congress has governed India, terrorism has declined each year, according to data from KPS Gill’s South Asia Terrorism Portal (Terrorism | South Asia Terrorism Portal). Deaths from terrorism have fallen from 3259 in 2005 to 804 last year.
The other aspect is that almost all of these deaths are from Maoist violence and from army operations in the Northeast and Jammu & Kashmir, not violence by what are called Islamists.

And even in these three areas, the number of Indians being killed is in sharp decline. Deaths in Maoist violence were 367 last year (of whom 117 were terrorists, according to SATP). This is down from 602 in 2011 and 1180 the year before that.
Jammu & Kashmir saw 117 deaths last year (of which 84 were terrorists), down from 183 in 2011 and 375 (including 270 terrorists) the year before that.

The problem area is the northeast, which we don’t usually think of when we say terror because it is so violent all the time. Here also the trajectory of violence is downward.The number of deaths are 317 last year (including 209 terrorists), 246 in 2011, 322 the year before that, 852 in 2009 and 1051 in 2008. The most violent state in India is actually Manipur, and most of the ‘terrorism’ related deaths there are from exchanges between army and militants.

The last full year Atal Behari Vajpayee was in power, 2003, as many Indians were killed in terrorist incidents (3702) as the total for the last three years under Manmohan. How many times have you heard that said before?

This is even more remarkable when we learn that the figures under the BJP excluded all Maoist violence because that wasn’t compiled under ‘terrorism’ till 2004, when Singh came to power.

Now let us turn to Islamist, Hindutva and other terrorist attacks in our cities. This is the subject the media has been writing and broadcasting about since the Hyderabad attacks a few days ago. How unsafe are our cities?

Outside of the three areas that we looked at, the total number of Indians killed in all the other states of India is already low and it is falling.

Last year there were only three deaths (all three terrorists, no civilians) from terrorism in India. That is fewer than those killed in terrorism in the United States that year. In 2011 there were 42 deaths in India, in 2010 there were 25, and only eight in 2009.

To put this in some perspective, last year there were 6211 deaths from terrorist violence in Pakistan, including the killings of 3007 civilians and 732 security forces personnel. That wasn’t exceptional and there were 6303 deaths the year before that, and 7435 the year before that.

Pakistan is exceptional. But in all the nations of Western Europe, whose combined population is 400 million, or one third of India’s, the total number of fatalities in terrorist incidents in 10 years after 9/11 was 439. This is not too different from the number for India, excluding those three areas that are disturbed, and even there, as we have seen, India is becoming more peaceful every year.

It is correct to say that Indian citizens are as safe as the citizens of Europe and America against Islamist terrorism.
You would think that a performance so demonstrably successful would earn Manmohan and his team applause. Instead we have the inane commentaries that issue from a media that is convinced the Congress is doing something wrong here.

The numbers indicate that the Congress government is doing something spectacularly right, and it was actually the BJP that was soft on terror.

After the violence of 2002 in Gujarat, there began a spate of attacks against Gujaratis in Bombay. There were bombings in Zaveri Bazaar and Ghatkopar. The man investigating these, Rakesh Maria, told me then that the attacks would continue for a very long time. He worried that because there was such anger among Muslims for what was happening in Gujarat, ordinary people were taking to violence. But this violence soon stopped, It did because there is also another side to India, the larger side, which is inclusive and secular. It cancelled out the viciousness of Gujarat, and it always will.

One sentence answer to the claims...that is :omghaha::omghaha:

Mar 3, 2013

lol its bcz our army and police,,, dnt say its bcz of polticians... our soldiers r dying not politicians,,,, our govt just do corruption... and we got puppet pm... he speaks only whn he get orders frm madam... lol never sceen person like him

india will become super power under manmohan

If you want to see Gandhiji's three monkeys in one....just look at Maunmohan
601587_615372318478285_1829248192_n.jpg

Really? What a stupid author. He completely forget the role 9/11 played into global terrorism and gives praise to MMS. While I like MMS, I think he is a slave to Sonia. No question about it. Government this past decade under Congress rule has seen so many scams it is UNBELIEVEABLE. Generally, India has been safer but this is where you must be more vigilant. We are safe coz terrorists are actively planning, training, and watching key issues and decisions. I thin k India has become more of a sitting duck. I hope not, but I think so.

@axisofevil They are even talking of removal of AFSPA and reducing troops. I wont be surprised if UPA do it, to appease NC because of election 2014.

There is a direct correlation as you said with Wo and reduce in Insurgencies in India.

All these newspaper are sold out. Hiding the fact that there is charge on India that we have jeha**s in India fihgting in Syria.,

Pakistan will ask you can't control your own them how can you ask to get rid of terrorist camps.

Last edited by a moderator:
@axisofevil They are even talking of removal of AFSPA and reducing troops. I wont be surprised if UPA do it, to appease NC because of election 2014.

There is a direct correlation as you said with Wo and reduce in Insurgencies in India.

All these newspaper are sold out. Hiding the fact that there is charge on India that we have jeha**s in India fihgting in Syria.,

Pakistan will ask you can't control your own them how can you ask to get rid of terrorist camps.

I hear ya. See the problem few ppl like ourselves can see thru the BS. Even in the US, there are many ppl who have no clue what is going on in the world and within the US. So, I presume India situation might be just as bad if not worse. Appeasement is killing us brother. There is no other way to say it. You cannot appease anyone just apply the law as fair as possible.

That jehadi issue you brought is correct. Our papers ignore the most importatn issues for f-king Bollywood. It disgusts me. Doesn;t anyone care that if we have Indian fighting in Syrai they are going to bring back that training and ideology back to India and spread it? We don;t have a f-king clue how Indian muslims are ebing targetted and brainwashed. Its not hard to tell. The govt has clues and may know BUT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO NIP THIS> ISn;t 50 yrs long?We have tech, internet, connectivity, and a global opinion on our side against terror.

I even question the credibility of this article and author becoz they point out the Gujurat riots in 2002? Wtf? It's becoming clear as day, CON-gress is making increased efforts to sway popular perception. I notice on other sites in the interent, there is active campaigns to push Rahul in good standing. Don;t believe me? I will prove it to by giving the site that is pushing this propaganda.

Like I stated before and again, we have not passed any meaningful rape laws, corruption laws, etc. Our govt only reacts, it is never proactive. When it does pass laws, they are half *** attempts with so many loopholes to be exploited by our criminal bureaucrats. The fact that we still have politicans with criminal backgrounds running in office makes my blood boil. All I see is our govt making numerous attempts to malign the LOK PAL and Anna. The govt comes up with their version and uses the media to push forth their incredible BS.

@KRAIT

Its like this one British old timer stated to me once. India has no strategic sense. Im not saying it never did but corruption is so deeply rooted that it has done a number on our system. Removing AFSPA and troop reductions while not getting any concrete promises from other sides is BULLSHIT> Sure, the US, the UN and the rest will preach human rights andother BS, but the same crap goes on over here. Someone preached bout the plight of Muslims in Kashmir. Let me remind them, we use a gun s, bombs, torture, etc, expect to be treated like ****.

@axisofevil We had a great opportunity when OBL was found in Pakistan. Entire world community could be taken at our side. But this idiot UPA and their Aman ki Asha, gave statements like Hindu terrorism and now this jehad** from India.

We are already paying price of Nehru and then Dalai Lama causing rift in Indo-China relations. I mean what's the point of giving refuge to Dalai Lama. It gave excuse for China and hence a setback for us.

The OBL incident was a huge point. We could have tactically exploited it. Now look, there is a barely a bleep on the media about it. Seems the world has forgotten or the world powers want ppl to forget so they can continue with their designs. Dalai lama is complex. We have had great relations with Tibet for centuries. While his stay means complicated issues with China, he is no threat. I think China makes him an issue to validate their concerns and allow them to counter us accordingly. I think we should give them citizenship end the refugee status. That itself would help. Tibetans in India don;t campaign enough or use world media to sway world opinions. They are an invisible force.

Back
Top Bottom