What's new

India has accelerated work on Chabahar Port, likely to be declared operational by May: CRS

Blue line can go through black sea! Russian and Central Asian ports can be accessed there. Whoever created map has no clue.
The blue line is showing "the standard route", not the alternative route.
But even if they choose your suggested path, it will still be much longer than the North-South Corridor for India. Not to mention that the Caspian Sea is also linked to the Black Sea through the Volga-Don Canal and the North-South Corridor can easily connect India to Eastern Europe.

The blue line is showing "the standard route", not the alternative route.
But even if they choose your suggested path, it will still be much longer than the North-South Corridor for India. Not to mention that the Caspian Sea is also linked to the Black Sea through the Volga-Don Canal and the North-South Corridor can easily connect India to Eastern Europe.

Shorter does not mean better. Large ships can carry more at cheaper rates then land route. Land route has its uses, time will tell on how successful project is. Bookmark my post and see results in 20 years time😉

Shorter does not mean better. Large ships can carry more at cheaper rates then land route. Land route has its uses, time will tell on how successful project is. Bookmark my post and see results in 20 years time😉
I believe 14 countries that have joined the route understand what is more economical better than some random guy on the internet who thinks his prophecies are worth bookmarking for 20 years later. lol

Very purpose of the port is loading n unloading, it seems larger ships will carry it from Iran to India and smaller ships from Iran towards central Asia.. n vice versa..

I believe 14 countries that have joined the route understand what is more economical better than some random guy on the internet who thinks his prophecies are worth bookmarking for 20 years later. lol

Ports are a longterm investments. Once port is built, it will take decades to become widely used. You act like India has products that no other country makes? plenty of competition.

Very purpose of the port is loading n unloading, it seems larger ships will carry it from Iran to India and smaller ships from Iran towards central Asia.. n vice versa..

Look at China train route to Europe, despite having speed advantage, its still cheaper to send by sea.

China has direct train land route, no ship involved. India has to load a ship then unload at Iranian port for onwards journey. The costs will be higher.

Ports are a longterm investments. Once port is built, it will take decades to become widely used. You act like India has products that no other country makes? plenty of competition.
I get that you obviously don't like India as a Pakistani, which is fine by me and it's none of my business. But the North-South Transport Corridor is something that has been expanding since 2002. The Chabahar Port is only one of the many Iranian ports involved in the project. India, Iran and Russia are main members of this corridor, followed by Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Belarus, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Oman, Ukraine, Syria and even Bulgaria. It's an international project that has been operational and is expanding every year with new developments in all the countries involved in it.

Look at China train route to Europe, despite having speed advantage, its still cheaper to send by sea.

China has direct train land route, no ship involved. India has to load a ship then unload at Iranian port for onwards journey. The costs will be higher.

Calculations must have been done before getting into the treaty. Plus in future if Afganistan becomes a stable state this port will be helpful for them to export there products as well.

I get that you obviously don't like India as a Pakistani, which is fine by me and it's none of my business. But the North-South Transport Corridor is something that has been expanding since 2002. The Chabahar Port is only one of the many Iranian ports involved in the project. India, Iran and Russia are main members of this corridor, followed by Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Belarus, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Oman, Ukraine, Syria and even Bulgaria. It's an international project that has been operational and is expanding every year with new developments in all the countries involved in it.

Your statements are clouded by your national identity. Even you highlighted how its a longterm project, conceived in 2002. Now in 2021, port is scheduled to be fully operational by May this year, other projects like rail line are still being constructed. Time will tell, if it will be better then other routes.
Calculations must have been done before getting into the treaty. Plus in future if Afganistan becomes a stable state this port will be helpful for them to export there products as well.

What matters is the transportation prices quoted to users. If they find it competitive then they will use, the customer is the best judge.

Your statements are clouded by your national identity. Even you highlighted how its a longterm project, conceived in 2002. Now in 2021, port is scheduled to be fully operational by May this year, other projects like rail line are still being constructed. Time will tell, if it will be better then other routes.
I think you misunderstood me. I never said it isn't a long-term project. Where did I claim otherwise? It's a long-term project and the Chabahar port is just one of the pieces of the puzzle. I was merely explaining why India has an interest in this. It's because they can gain access to Afghanistan and because Chabahar is closer to them than our other major port in Bandar Abbas.

Pakistanis view India's access to central Asia as if India wants to export goods worth billions of dollars. No, Central Asia as a whole have a population of a mere 70+ million, the only advantage of such a connection is for the Central Asian countries giving them direct access to the market in India.

We follow Chanakya for our internal n external policies. Who is he?? Ask any Pakistani member out here he will take you through historic lessons you never would have never hear of..
You mean iran will scam india to build this port and then hand over the port to china?

Very likely.

There is a reason why Persians formed many empires.

You mean iran will scam india to build this port and then hand over the port to china?

Very likely.

There is a reason why Persians formed many empires.

You seems to have quoted wrong person..

Logical route for all this region was always Pakistan Gwadar port and still is . as it sits nicely sandwiched giving access to China , Central Asia Middle East & sadly India. easily connected via the new CPEC corridor to China and onwards Indian & Iran port is a vanity project as a alternative. The worlds biggest economy China runs via Gwadar. and has asked its satellite nations to it connect on this route making Gwadar hub even more successful for us.
On Afghanistan route, any thing running through that bandit country well good luck getting through safely

Back
Top Bottom