What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

Bangladesh has a $200 billion economy. It earns almost $40 billion from the RMG sector and remittances. The government also just passed a $22 billion dollar budget. The government has the money to buy 88 AC coaches and so does not need Indian money.

200 billion,wasn't it 120.. :undecided: or is this PPP

Bangladesh has a $200 billion economy. It earns almost $40 billion from the RMG sector and remittances. The government also just passed a $22 billion dollar budget. The government has the money to buy 88 AC coaches and so does not need Indian money.

Munshi bhai. Your rheotic is nothing less of comeditic. If BD is a economic superpower, then why does it expect low tax credits from EU? Asking EU to keep in LDU list of nations to benefit tax benefit on exports?

And whn the credit talk surfaced on pdf, you were the ones to jump and say, China would provide loans free of costs. And when India provided, "Hey we are rich, We have money to buy anything".
I think the country planners know better than a double faced hypocrite on managing economy.

I find the whole exercise demeaning. Bangladesh does not need a soft loan from India to purchase AC buses or coaches. The Bangladesh economy is healthy enough for us to purchase these items from our own resources and not to be obligated to India. This is just a fake bribe to the electorate so that the AL comes back to power. There is no loss to India as the amount would have to be repaid.

It's not only 88 buses, these buses are part of total $1 billion package for multiple projects (Grant of $200 million, and 20 year soft loan of $800 million @1.75%). And Bangladesh is not a super-rich country with lots of excess cash.

If & when BNP+Jamati comes to power, ask them to repay it immediately, refuse the grant also & pay it back, burn the buses if that pleases you, save Bangladeshi pride, and stop complaining. Just post a thread in PDF when that happens.

How are the qualities of the buses? any reviews from any other countries?
Regardless, other than my lack of knowledge on the physical technicalities of the bus, the deal looks good and sounds good on paper. Not really an AL fan, but credit should be given where its due.

Regardless, other than my lack of knowledge on the physical technicalities of the bus, the deal looks good and sounds good on paper. Not really an AL fan, but credit should be given where its due.

As long as the roads are good and the busses mainted well I dont see anything going wrong.

Ashok Leyland vehicles are exported to over 30 countries worldwide. Recently, the Company has entered hitherto untapped markets - Honduras, for specially designed buses, Chile, Viet Nam and Angola. Significant presence is still maintained in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Mauritius and the Middle East.

AVIA Ashok Leyland Motors in Prague (Czech Republic) is the Company's beach head in Europe which produces and markets the famous D-Line series of trucks for the European markets including Hungary, UK, Ireland, Spain and Slovakia in addition to the Czech Republic.

The 75.1% controlling stake in Optare plc., a leading bus maker in the UK, gives impetus to the Company's global bus strategy. Optare, known for its innovative, weight-optimized 'Low Carbon' range of low-floor midi and city buses, are pioneers of low-floor double-deckers in the UK. This strategic partnership now enables Ashok Leyland to accelerate technology adoption, develop new products and address new markets.

Ashok Leyland International Operations | About Us

Ashok Leyland’s UK bus division Optare to export to Australia

Ashok Leyland’s UK bus division Optare to export to Australia - Livemint

Ashok Leyland exports 100 buses to Ghana - The Hindu

Ashok Leyland bags Rs 34-cr export order - Economic Times

All these developments, Hasina is sure to win in BD again.

I do not think her party will win in the next election. A few additional buses help, but it is not that great to alleviate the pain people suffer every day, although I personally admire BD decion to buy from its neighbor at a cheaper rate.

I just returned from Dhaka and I saw what a mess it is in because none of the parties do anything to improve the traffic congestion. So, people are angry this time with AL and they will vote for non-AL parties. I hope so.

I liked this thread :toast_sign:
didn't find unwanted communal stuff nor anybody talked about halal stuff.

PS: Bangladesh ,u gotta new fan for ur Pran potato crackers :bunny:

well I hope cooperation and friendship with Bangladesh continues to grow and let the Indian investors seeks more business in Bangladesh. it will be win win situation for both side

Do we really need loans from dadas to buy these stuffs? 88 A/C buses on Indian loans which Indians would term as "aid" and would harp about it for the next 100 years. Bucket load awami crap.

Good going india-bd friendship. just stop supporting one party because of your ***** diplomatic policy and we have a bright future...

bideshe amader bondhu ache, provu nei :-)

Well they are already doing their part for their stooges. Their diplomats have found existence of "terrorist" in BD's opposition which are being whined in the ears of western officials.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/264356-more-whining-chanakyan-scheming-india.html

at's very "injun" behavior :D

Why is your @ss burning? This does not concern you. BTW you got that cool think tank tag but still your teenager like habit of trying to be a racist hasn't gone away. Initially I thought I would reply to you by saying "p*ki" but then I realized I should not stoop down to your level.

We took Independent because, there are huge diffrence between East and West Pakistan. So, we become Bangladesh.

We can make AC Bus by Importing tech but, who will invest? We dont have hard cash.

Why so serious?

Thats not true, Diverse can be united.. I don't want to derail the thread, We will discuss the reason in some other thread..

Why is your @ss burning? This does not concern you. BTW you got that cool think tank tag but still your teenager like habit of trying to be a racist hasn't gone away. Initially I thought I would reply to you by saying "p*ki" but then I realized I should not stoop down to your level.

Oh come on, he feels manly by typing racist abuse on an anonymous internet forum, why would you grudge him that? He's a shia turi from parachinar and needs to feel good from time to time.

Oh come on, he feels manly by typing racist abuse on an anonymous internet forum, why would you grudge him that? He's a shia turi from parachinar and needs to feel good from time to time.

Roundu Indians, can't handle a comment like a man, don't know what will happen if you ever face a "real manly dude" in "real life".

Back
Top Bottom