India: HAL to receive Rs 45,000 crore orders for 83 LCA fighters

Kailash Kumar

Reaction score
Country
Suriname
HAL to receive Rs 45,000 crore orders for 83 LCA fighters

Ajit K Dubey

Sep 06, 2019

NEW DELHI: In a major boost for the indigenous defence manufacturing capability, the Indian Air Force (IAF) is expected to place orders worth around Rs 45,000 crore with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited NSE 2.03 % (HAL) to acquire 83 Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas fighters.

The IAF had issued a tender for 83 LCAs about two years ago and the project was stuck over the pricing issue as the government and the Air Force felt that the price offered by the HAL was slightly higher.

"The cost committee of the Defence Ministry has determined the cost of the 83 LCA Mark 1A aircraft around Rs 45,000 crore and the Indian Air Force is now expected to place orders for these planes in the next few weeks," senior defence sources told ANI.

The LCAs have been designed and developed completely by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). Earlier this year, DRDO chief G Satheesh Reddy had presented the Final Operational Clearance (IOC) certificate for the LCA to the IAF and the Defence Ministry at the Aero-India.

Sources said it would be the first-of-its-kind order for any Indian firm and would give major boost for the indigenous defence industry. More than 65 per cent funds of the Rs 45,000 crore order would remain within the country and help in creating jobs in both private and public sectors.

The Acceptance of Necessity given by the Defence Ministry over two years ago was Rs 50,000 crore but the price determined by the ministry's cost committee was reduced to around Rs 45,000 crore.

The first LCA Mark 1A aircraft is likely to be produced by 2023 once the HAL is done with the supply of the initial 40 planes in the Initial Operational Clearance and Final Operational Clearance standards which have already taken part and proven themselves in the IAF operational exercises such as the Exercise Gagan Shakti.

LCA Mark 1A is the advanced version of Tejas aircraft.

As per the requirements presented by the IAF, the first LCA Mark 1A plane would be supplied in 36 months from the signing of the contract. The new LCA Mark 1A plane will have advanced avionics and radars than the initial 40 LCAs being supplied to the Air Force.

The HAL has so far supplied 16 LCAs to the service which has based them at Sulur in Tamil Nadu under 45 Squadron.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-for-83-lca-fighters/articleshow/71012032.cms

Keep buying that crap endians ... i swear if we had that big country and budget , we would have conquered the world but you guys are a bunch of inept war mongers , no more ... and don't take big country and big budget as a compliment , we still have a far better airforce and military than you ...

Keep buying that crap endians ... i swear if we had that big country and budget , we would have conquered the world but you guys are a bunch of inept war mongers , no more ... and don't take big country and big budget as a compliment , we still have a far better airforce and military than you ...
Quite correct.
If the size differential were the other way we'd wipe the floor with them.

Excellent At This Rate Pakistan Won't Need To Do Anything.You Guys Are Enough To Destroy Yourself

At $75.6 mln a pop... this Tejas got to be some really fantastik aircraft @newb3e

@The Eagle @Signalian @Khafee Gents, is this pricing correct?

I mean we can make 2.5 Blk3s for one Tejas.. something doesn't add up. Help, please!

Tejas is a new jet while Jf-17 produced much more, so it is normal actually... afterall PAF doesnt need that much investmet for blok 3 because all this investment is already done... While Tejas is new so they need investments for spare parts And maintenance and repair facilities, new training centers etc...
You might ask ''is this a good move? This jet is so expensive And weak!'' If it increase their own Industriel capacity than I would say it is a good move even if tejas is weaker...
Note' I know tejas is an old project but Mass production just started.

So no more Rafaels? Also the money quoted in article is unrealistic if you take out potential corruption possibility from the equation.

Old indian tactic , have more weapons and cry like a r__i about lack of it

At $75.6 mln a pop... this Tejas got to be some really fantastik aircraft @newb3e

@The Eagle @Signalian @Khafee Gents, is this pricing correct?

I mean we can make 2.5 Blk3s for one Tejas.. something doesn't add up. Help, please!
tejas is the only 6th generation aircraft in the wod thats "actually flying" how much is 1 f35 85 million ? india is selling 6th gen tejas the supa fighter for 75 mil trust me its only cheap because of indian ingenuity...

jay mata ki!

jay tejas ko

Brother, thankyou for helping us understand the greatness of tejas... indeed, it is miracle of technology that endianz have managed to put 6th Gen tech into this small plane.... nobody ever could or would even try.

I guess it is time for us to be very afraid..

Teja hae to mumkin hae!
i already fear future of Pakistan!!

tejas say toh khauf atta hai bas urrr jaaye aik bar

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom