What's new

India grants duty-free entry to all BD goods

Can we not arrange duty-free export of Hasina before next election? :undecided:

Absolutely,Send her over.Bangladesh is slowly turning as the smartest player in the region under her reign.Sadly,MMS isn't looking after our interests like the way Hasina is for you guys.

Absolutely,Send her over.Bangladesh is slowly turning as the smartest player in the region under her reign.Sadly,MMS isn't looking after our interests like the way Hasina is for you guys.

Sarcasm aside, MMS is in a totally different league. Basically, Indian politicians > BD politicians > Pk politicians. But we all have our own share of rotten apples. Khaleda is no better than Hasina, even though BD had the highest ever GDP growth back in 2006 I guess. We achieved that growth despite the political turmoil, not because of their (politicians) effort.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Only if you are ready to take in Sonia Ghandi as our duty free export :azn:

Sonia Gandhi is okay actually. Humble and well behaved. But being "Italian" is definitely a -1 for her, and that's understandable. But oh well, that's a different topic. :D

Sarcasm aside, MMS is in a totally different league. Basically, Indian politicians > BD politicians > Pk politicians. But we all have our own share of rotten apples. Khaleda is no better than Hasina, even though BD had the highest ever GDP growth back in 2006 I guess. We achieved that growth despite the political turmoil, not because of their (politicians) effort.

Ain't being sarcastic mate,She truly has her eyes on the prize.BD today has a great vibe with India,China as well as the United States under her rule.Give her some credit at the very least

Ain't being sarcastic mate,She truly has her eyes on the prize.BD today has a great vibe with India,China as well as the United States under her rule.Give her some credit at the very least

It's not all because of her. There are intelligent people in her cabinet (I am in no way referring to Dipo Moni). Trust me when I say she's a numbskull (and her Khaleda apa is thickskulled :D). The best (i.e. most patriotic) politician in AL right now is Suranjit Sengupta and they are the brains behind the good work.

It's not all because of her. There are intelligent people in her cabinet (I am in no way referring to Dipo Moni). Trust me when I say she's a numbskull (and her Khaleda apa is thickskulled :D). The best (i.e. most patriotic) politician in AL right now is Suranjit Sengupta and they are the brains behind the good work.

Being the captain of the ship,Hasina deserves her moment in the sun.Looking at your appraisals on your ministers,I'm even more confused. What exactly is BD looking for(by account of Bangladeshi members on PDF) if I may ask?

Being the captain of the ship,Hasina deserves her moment in the sun.Looking at your appraisals on your ministers,I'm even more confused. What exactly is BD looking for(by account of Bangladeshi members on PDF) if I may ask?

BD as a whole does not know what it's looking for. But I know what I am personally looking for: implementing the "Minus 2" formula. There is no room for complacency here. Just because BD is developing on the backs of hardworking farmers, expats and middle class people does not warrant an unquestionable loyalty for those in power.

The "Minus 2" formula entails getting rid of the neo-Monarchy of these two corrupt families. Whatever the cost, let's give real democracy a chance, and maybe we'll do better than the way it's going now.

BD as a whole does not know what it's looking for. But I know what I am personally looking for: implementing the "Minus 2" formula. There is no room for complacency here. Just because BD is developing on the backs of hardworking farmers, expats and middle class people does not warrant an unquestionable loyalty for those in power.

The "Minus 2" formula entails getting rid of the neo-Monarchy of these two corrupt families. Whatever the cost, let's give real democracy a chance, and maybe we'll do better than the way it's going now.

Easier said than done;not only for BD but across Asia as well.I would rather point your kind attention on where precisely does the "+2 formula" fall flat?It seems to be doing outstandingly well for the time being, and in all probability will be voted back into power(one or the other that is).

Easier said than done;not only for BD but across Asia as well.I would rather point your kind attention on where precisely does the "+2 formula" fall flat?It seems to be doing outstandingly well for the time being,in all probability will be voted back into power.

Doesn't matter how well it's doing at the moment. Dictatorship, monarchy and dynastic politics are detrimental in the long term, because once a particular group gets too powerful, liberty and free speech takes a hit. Economic downfall follows. Think of the "Gaddafi model" in Libya. It wasn't sustainable in the long term, but many in the middle east would not mind calling him the Messiah.

I can keep on arguing, but wait till the end of 2013 and kindly keep an eye on BD news channels. Now that AL abolished the caretaker system, introduced electronic voting and imposed stronger gov control on the election commission, all hell's going to break lose, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom