What's new

India got corridor, not transit: Khaleda

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Thursday, October 27, 2011
India got corridor, not transit: Khaleda

2011-10-27__Khaleda.JPG

BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia addresses a rally at Mymensingh Circuit House premises Thursday. Photo: STAR Star Online Report

BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia commented Thursday again that the government has given India corridor, not transit.

Though the government claimed that Bangladesh will turn into another Singapore by giving India transit, the country would in fact become ‘Sikkim’, Khaleda said while addressing a rally at Mymensingh Circuit House premises.

“I call for a war to save the country from foreign dominance. We’re committed to uphold the independence and sovereignty of Bangladesh at any cost,” she vowed.

The opposition leader in parliament said, “The country will lose at least Tk 30,000 crore due to the transit. We want to know how much the country has earned from the transit till now.”

After the road marches, she said, a tougher agitation programme will be announced to compel the government to quit power.

Tens of thousands of enthusiastic leaders, workers and supporters of the opposition party attended the rally.

They bore colourful banners, posters, placards and portraits of late president Ziaur Rahman, Khaleda and their elder son Tarique Rahman.

Mymensingh, known as a city of education, was turned into a city of procession which made the rally a human sea.

Khaleda reiterated that no election will be held in the country under a political government. “Elections must be held under a non-party caretaker government and Awami League has to participate in that election. A neutral election commission must be constituted in consultation with all.”

She assured that if her party comes to power, Mymensingh will be promoted to a division while Ananda Mohan College a public university.

The BNP chief, who has been conducting a cross-country campaign to drum up support for the reinstatement of a non-partisan caretaker government, reached Mymensingh at around 2:40pm. She left her Gulshan residence at about 11:00am.

Earlier this month, the former prime minister led two 'road marches' -- to Sylhet and Rajshahi -- and addressed several wayside meetings for the oppositions’ demand to hold the next parliamentary election under the caretaker government system.

Bangladesh will loose 30000 crore taka or 4 billion usd for giving transit to the bhartis... :O ... what else are these awami league is trying to hide...

Bangladesh will loose 30000 crore taka or 4 billion usd for giving transit to the bhartis... :O ... what else are these awami league is trying to hide...

can you prove this figure??or continue to rant

Even singapore economy is bigger than bangladesh.....
So its not at all bad if it becomes like singapore in economic terms by providing transits :)
:tup::tup:

BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia commented Thursday again that the government has given India corridor, not transit.

It is a give and take deal. You let us pass to our other side of the country and we let you have access to rest of the region entirely. What's wrong with that? This woman has been ranting nonsensical hate against India and that is her pitch; appease Mullahs, get common people brainwashed and come to power through making us the "evil imperialist Hindoo India". The funny thing is, so many Bangladeshis buy it..

Though the government claimed that Bangladesh will turn into another Singapore by giving India transit, the country would in fact become ‘Sikkim’, Khaleda said while addressing a rally at Mymensingh Circuit House premises.

:rofl:! Is she kidding or what?!! My city Gangtok alone is more developed, cleaner and peaceful than your entire country put together. Comparing us to her stupid plans. :lol:

As for "annexation", ho-ho-ho. The last thing we want would be any populated part of Bangladesh to become a part of our state. That would bring hell to our peaceful and beautiful state which is considered one of the happiest and content in entire India.

“I call for a war to save the country from foreign dominance. We’re committed to uphold the independence and sovereignty of Bangladesh at any cost,” she vowed.

My sincere advise to Bangladeshis; this woman is going to bring doomsday to your country is you keep listening to her.

The opposition leader in parliament said, “The country will lose at least Tk 30,000 crore due to the transit. We want to know how much the country has earned from the transit till now.”

Can any Bangladeshi here of economics background care to explain me how your country will lose Tk30,000 crore with transit? From what I see, our companies will be building the route, spending our money with just your permission from government. Where is Bangladeshi money going to get wasted here?

She is trying to make you Singapore,can't you see that bangali ? :)

*facepalm*

Seems like Hasina's insanity is becoming contagious!

So Khaleda Zia is like:

"If she can do it, so can I!"

And the cat fight starts!

*facepalm*

Seems like Hasina's insanity is becoming contagious!

So Khaleda Zia is like:

"If she can do it, so can I!"

And the cat fight starts!

I think she meant war against the regime of awami league aka hartals.

Rational people like yourself will recognize that. But expect a hurricane of war cries now from some who claim to represent you with your flags.

Can someone please explain ?

She should still be careful how she uses her words. The way she said it implied she wanted to go to war with India.

Our leaders are getting increasingly more and more irresponsible for what they say.

Oh well, it's a circus.

Can someone please explain ?

I am not sure but from what i can guess, she is trying to say that India will be underpaying Bangladesh govt. in the transit issue. There fore the 30 000 crore taka will be "percieved" loss of revenue.

Back
Top Bottom