What's new

India Gets It's Official National Emergency Number!

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
For info of all Indian friends........

13393991_1420927317933283_7833706255851511161_n.jpg

:tup:

Damn! I thought it will be somewhat like 912 or 910.

We should have used 911.
Its better to standardize based on an already existing thing than to create a new one.
Or for kicks sake they should have done 116 :devil:

We should have used 911.
Its better to standardize based on an already existing thing than to create a new one.
Or for kicks sake they should have done 116 :devil:

Actually no. Try calling 911 from India and it will reach US call centres :D I have tried unknowingly once.

112 is already operational in different states, but its good to be universal. Now lot of awareness is needed in rural areas for this no to work soon.
Instead of pooling out appeasement subsidies, government can actually purchase a lot of patrol cars to reduce response times, increase the base salary of constables to achieve real all round development.

We should have used 911.

112 is already the standardized International emergency number.

Has been for a very long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/112_(emergency_telephone_number)

You can call this number anywhere in the world and it will redirect you towards the local emergency services.

In addition, any GSM compatible mobile phone can dial this number free of charge, even with NO sim card in the phone. Try it on your own phone, even if the phone is locked with no SIM card you can still dial 112.

112 is already the standardized International emergency number.

Has been for a very long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/112_(emergency_telephone_number)

You can call this number anywhere in the world and it will redirect you towards the local emergency services.

In addition, any GSM compatible mobile phone can dial this number free of charge, even with NO sim card in the phone. Try it on your own phone, even if the phone is locked with no SIM card you can still dial 112.

Never knew that. Thanks for this.

Never knew that. Thanks for this.

I first realized it when I was playing around with my phone a few years back, even though it was locked, it would still accept the number 112.

Very useful, so even if you cannot unlock someone's phone, or the phone has no SIM card, you can still make emergency calls with it (if you need to).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom