What's new

India "frustrated" by China's rise: Chinese Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Reaction score
“India is frustrated that China’s rise has captured much of the world’s attention... India likes to brag about its sustainable development but worries that it is being left behind by China... India’s current course can only lead to a rivalry between the two countries... India can’t actually compete with China... India apparently has not yet realised this”.

This is the view from a sarcastic, muscle-flexing editorial published on Thursday in the Global Times, China’s State-run English newspaper launched in April as Beijing’s international mouthpiece.

The nationalist tabloid is affiliated to the official People’s Daily group, which is the voice of the Communist Party.

The editorial, titled ‘India’s unwise military moves,’ was published in reaction to India’s reported deployment of almost 60,000 troops to the border along the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, which China controversially claims as its own.

Both nations are locked in a decades-old border dispute, with negotiations making slow progress.

The Global Times’ website prominently flashed an online poll conducted on Wednesday, in which 90 per cent participants said they believe India poses a big threat to China and 74 per cent said China should not maintain friendly relations with India after this ‘military provocation’.

“India needs to consider whether or not it can afford the consequences of a potential confrontation with China,” said the editorial, emphasising that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s ‘tough posture’ about making no concessions to China on territorial disputes, is ‘dangerous if it is based on a false anticipation that China will cave in’.

The website quoted a military expert, Dai Xun, who said India’s military moves, which he described as ‘plundering a burning house,’ could cast a shadow over bilateral relations while the world is focussed on North Korea’s recent nuclear test.

Analyst Sun Shihai was quoted saying that the deployment could easily cause regional tensions. “China won’t make any compromises in its border disputes with India,” said the paper. “And while China wishes to coexist peacefully with India, this desire isn’t born out of fear’’.
India ?frustrated? by China?s rise- Hindustan Times

Original article can be found here - http://opinion.globaltimes.cn/editorial/2009-06/436174.html

All this is standard bravado. The newspapers always write that is pleasant to read by own people (and unpleasant by "enemy").

Just politics.

Russian newspapers also regularly writes that all our "enemies" in fear and horror... And what? This is mostly funny. We ALL need to treat all this state-propaganda critically. Resist brainwashing.

History repeats itself
Scene 1) usa ---------- has Hollywood, democracy, free media
India--------- has bollywood, democracy , free media

Scene 2) Soviet union ---------Communist , was much ahead in every field compare to usa.
China ----------Communist , is much ahead in every field compare to india.
Result
Scene 3) Soviet union broke in many 15 contries
dalai lama sir its time to celebrate now Tibet will free
:triniti:

Bollywood? I dont remember i ever saw even one indian movie.in China,where the biggest movie market lies,people watch hollywood movies,Hongkong or Korean movies,in the States,Americans like to want Bruce lee,Jackie Chen,Jet li or Chow Yun fat movies,Bollywood movies?sorry,no here in China,in the Southeastern Asian countries they love Hongkong movies,anywhere in the world people watch Bollywood movies except for Indians?

History repeats itself

Scene 3) Soviet union broke in many 15 contries
dalai lama sir its time to celebrate now Tibet will free
:triniti:

Scene 3)India breaks into dozens of small kindoms and pricedoms just like before the British colonization and Kashmir joins Pakistan or becomes independant as the people there long have been hoping for.

Beg to differ!

Chinese KTV's (karaoke places) have a lot of Indian (bollywood) soundtracks. Indian music can be frequently heard from store stalls and random places around china (small, big towns, countryside, etc). Quite a few chinese are aware of Indian celebs like Shah Rukh, Aishwarya, and the older generation know raj kapoor (or Lai zi) and indian movies very very very well....from taxi drivers in Beijing/Shanghai to the laobaixing.

Some chinese (yound & old) even mouth/mimic a gibberish of supposed hindi songs they know....something like.....kalalamakalakalala.....:)

I don't watch chinese networks but there are one or two indian sitcoms running on CCTV and provincial networks like Hunan TV.

Cheers brrrrrrothers (& sistas) of Asia (east, southeast and south)....from the "shou du" of "zhongguo"

Mintz Says China May Pass U.S. as Biggest Movie Market (Video)
Q
Oct 13, 2011 7:56 AM GMT+0800

There might be more incentive for Hollywood to play nice. Even as Tinseltown makes headway into the Chinese market -- Bloomberg reports -- China is building its own movie mecca’

“It will be predictably massive -- the Beijing complex will have as many as 100 sound stages. That’s more than Universal, Warner Brothers, and Sony combined. Now, in 2010 the Chinese box office took in $1.5 billion.In five years, analysts predict it that number will reach $7 billion on 35,000 screens the government is intending to build.”

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

In China we frequently hear Indian music??am i hearing that wrong???Chinese posters please comment on this,have you ever remember you heard any Indian music?

I live in China,I m just telling the truth,all Chinese posters can prove that.in China,people watch US movies,yes. Hongkong movies,yes.Korean movies,yes.even Singaporean movies,yes.But Indian movies??definitely no,it just isnt part of eastern nations cultures.forget about your Bollywood,Chinese movies have a better spot in the world movie industry.

Bollywood? I dont remember i ever saw even one indian movie.in China,where the biggest movie market lies,people watch hollywood movies,Hongkong or Korean movies,in the States,Americans like to want Bruce lee,Jackie Chen,Jet li or Chow Yun fat movies,Bollywood movies?sorry,no here in China,in the Southeastern Asian countries they love Hongkong movies,anywhere in the world people watch Bollywood movies except for Indians?

Yup, notably Africa, the Middle-East, and of course South Asia (no matter what BS ppl on this forum think, it not just Indians that watch Bollywood movies). Used to very popular in former Soviet Union, esp in 1980's. Russian kids who grew up in 1980's know Bollywood very well.

"Yes,we are frustrated NOT with China's Rise but with the so called Chineese Media"...Btw is their is connection between India T.V and Chineese Media...i mean both have similar quality of News....

Why can't the Chinese media report their own real news instead of just typing what the government is asking them to?

Yup, notably Africa, the Middle-East,

ok,to be frank I dont know the middle east movie market,isnt that sort of restricted for people to watch movies in the middle east?i dont knwo.maybe that's the case,similiar cultures.but certainly not East Asia,Europe,Americas ,in those regions Chinese moives have a better spot.

Why can't the Chinese media report their own real news instead of just typing what the government is asking them to?

foreign sources:
the People’s Daily, one of the most popular Chinese newspapers in China had only 24 articles mentioning India on its English-language Web site in the first seven months of this year, according to the Factiva database.

However, The Times of India, the largest English-language newspaper in India, had 57 articles mentioning China — in July alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom