What's new

India far behind Pakistan, China in nuclear technology: experts

I think the journalist gave too much attention to the missile "gap" and from there on its just butter and honey.
However.. Pakistan did have a missile "tried and tested" early as it was simply procured from China/NK.
The Shaheen series were more indigenous.. and have achieved IOC early this decade..
By contrast , India took longer to declare IOC(due to a completely homemade system) for its systems and hence the perception of the gap.

The much touted warhead capability gap is fairly academic.. since Pakistan has stepped away from its initial Chinese derived design to somewhat more of a European hybrid. that is due to better leadership of the organizations since the mid-2000 decade.

Did this have something to do with Pakistanis having contact with European representatives of the Condor missile program?

I think the journalist gave too much attention to the missile "gap" and from there on its just butter and honey.
However.. Pakistan did have a missile "tried and tested" early as it was simply procured from China/NK.
The Shaheen series were more indigenous.. and have achieved IOC early this decade..
By contrast , India took longer to declare IOC(due to a completely homemade system) for its systems and hence the perception of the gap.

The much touted warhead capability gap is fairly academic.. since Pakistan has stepped away from its initial Chinese derived design to somewhat more of a European hybrid. that is due to better leadership of the organizations since the mid-2000 decade.

Indian warhead designs have also moved away from the basic Ruski(public) blueprint to a local one.

So the actual "gap" is in the number of "complete" warheads rather than tech for now(although this will tilt in the favour of India as its Missile engine technology is now much ahead of Pakistans).

sorry for my Qn

I have seen many anchors saying same about indian missile tech is worst n pak is better....
Is it national problem and who teaches this stuff?

Oh please.
India already has Agni I, II, and III operational and deployed.They even recently moved a couple of Agni III to a location that I can not reveal.

Prithvi series is all operational. Mirage 2000 and Jaguar will be used to deliver tactical nukes(5-25 KT), whereas missiles are for strategic nukes(>100 KT)

Aircraft are any day a better option to deliver tactical nukes, they are precise, and result in less civilian deaths. Missiles are for mass destruction.

sources also suggest A 3 have been deployed in silos near Indo China border

see post number 31 of this thread

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGikPvAK_jtWLguKuCw-iXOyHoxdA

Indian warhead designs have also moved away from the basic Ruski(public) blueprint to a local one.

So the actual "gap" is in the number of "complete" warheads rather than tech for now(although this will tilt in the favour of India as its Missile engine technology is now much ahead of Pakistans).

correct analysis

since Pakistan has stepped away from its initial Chinese derived design to somewhat more of a European hybrid.

kindly elaborate the above quoted part sir

are you referring to compact RV (compared to A3) of A 5 or MIRV? or both?

Did this have something to do with Pakistanis having contact with European representatives of the Condor missile program?

That is just one spoke of this wheel. AQ Khan was but one "mole" in the european Nuclear knowledge circle. There were other "moles" at various points in time in specific electronic manufacturers which singularly did not quantify any suspicion but as a whole(servo's,actuators, Gyros, DSP, Embedded systems, Guidance means etc) formed a design team.
The Shaheen series in its latest guise for eg is better in many respects from a comparable Chinese counterpart when it comes to guidance. Electronic packaging(almost everything except what is essential is solid state now).
The design "inspiration" coming from sources as diverse as SA and Japan.
However.. the focus is still kept on reverse engineering foriegn innovations,which I shall highlight in..3.2.

Can u explain on that part ?
1.. The Pakistani R&D is still focused on making quick gains by replicating an advanced system purchased/smuggled from abroad at home. This system is adapted for local use and only slight improvements made. While there are a number of indigenous programs in play.. which offer better alternatives at times and have been used.. the focus by the bureaucratic setup is still on reverse engineering or "quick fix".
This approach while offering quicker short term advances over India has ensured that unless the sources that provide these "jumps" stay abreast of India stay constant.. there will be a sudden stop in capability surge if they stop and India will leap ahead by bounds.

sorry for my Qn

I have seen many anchors saying same about indian missile tech is worst n pak is better....
Is it national problem and who teaches this stuff?

Media jingoism and ignorance is common on both sides, cheap military news reporting on IndiaTV.

sources also suggest A 3 have been deployed in silos near Indo China border

see post number 31 of this thread

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGikPvAK_jtWLguKuCw-iXOyHoxdA

correct analysis

kindly elaborate the above quoted part sir

are you referring to compact RV (compared to A3) of A 5 or MIRV? or both?

Both, India has worked on the ground up through creating capable scientists.. along with a local manufacturing setup
that process started out late in Pakistan since the initial philosophy was to get it done by hook or by crook... so even well educated folks looked for shortcuts(as I have too at times while working as part of this system)
This process did initially keep India behind Pakistan.. but the effect has been that of the three little pigs..
One's house is mostly made of straws but quicker.. while the other is a brick and mortar foundation that took long but is better placed to provide R&D impetus at its maturity.

as for the Jingoism part..
by claiming that 90% Indians dont do it and Pakistanis do.. among other things.
somebody has been jingoistic themselves.

there is a difference in the Psyche of the Indian and the Pakistani.. one considers the military part of a larger system.. the other considers the military the system..
Hence the greater appeal of the latter and louder support.

Statutory Warning to Indians

Please be careful of the nature & type of information being discussed & disclosed by you. Sounding knowledgeable here is of no consequence.

I kinda thought this, but whatever mentioned here so far, was what is freely available in the media. :)

I kinda thought this, but whatever mentioned here so far, was what is freely available in the media. :)

Information obtained is only one part.

Needless wagging of tongues leads to - Information confirmed.

In any case , what are we trying to prove ? ...and to whom ?

.... & to what avail ?

Information obtained is only one part.

Needless wagging of tongues leads to - Information confirmed.

In any case , what are we trying to prove ? ...and to whom ?

.... & to what avail ?

Paranoid much?

I call BS- India has always had a better funded program, it started earlier too. India proboably has less nukes but that means nothing, India has a much better delivery mechnnism and with its nuclear triad coming online soon it has clear supremacy over Pakistan. I'd say there's not too much in it between India and China.

For civil nuke tech I'd say India was streaks ahead of Pakistan and up there with China.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom