What's new

India face shame in opening ceremony of Sochi Games

..It is good for sports in India ....The pessure should be over IOA so 'fall in line' and boot the corrupt officials ....

i hope none of the athletes participating bathe...i heard the hotels there have toxic water

More humiliation for India at an Olympics.

In London Olympics some random person was walking with the Indian Olympic team during the opening ceremony.

Then they couldn't even win a single gold medal.

But that's another thing, what happened at the Sochi Olympics was a disgrace.

I was watching the opening ceremony and a random team competing under the Olympic flag came out and was wondering what that was all about. Then I found out it was actually the Indian Olympic team. Funniest sh*t I've ever seen. Couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes.

That right there summed up India for me.

That country is so institutionally corrupt they couldn't even let their athletes have the pride, honour and dignity to walk out to the opening ceremony in their country's own flag. These athletes work hard to have their moment every 4 years and due to the mind boggling corruption in India, the athletes had to endure such a humiliation.

While I laughed, I was sad for the athletes.

I knew Indians would try to sugarcoat this latest farce by dismissing it as nothing. Just more acceptance of corruption by Indian people.

Until this acceptance of corruption fades away and eventually stops, India as a country will never develop to their potential.

More humiliation for India at an Olympics.

In London Olympics some random person was walking with the Indian Olympic team during the opening ceremony.

Then they couldn't even win a single gold medal.

But that's another thing, what happened at the Sochi Olympics was a disgrace.

I was watching the opening ceremony and a random team competing under the Olympic flag came out and was wondering what that was all about. Then I found out it was actually the Indian Olympic team. Funniest sh*t I've ever seen. Couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes.

That right there summed up India for me.

That country is so institutionally corrupt they couldn't even let their athletes have the pride, honour and dignity to walk out to the opening ceremony in their country's own flag. These athletes work hard to have their moment every 4 years and due to the mind boggling corruption in India, the athletes had to endure such a humiliation.

While I laughed, I was sad for the athletes.

I knew Indians would try to sugarcoat this latest farce by dismissing it as nothing. Just more acceptance of corruption by Indian people.

Until this acceptance of corruption fades away and eventually stops, India as a country will never develop to their potential.

Read the comments again, sister. No Indian has defended this fiasco. Anyways, thanks for your concern for India. You really seem to have a soft corner for Indians.

Shame on ToI for cheap headlines.
Lol is it TOI's fault that IOA cant sort the internal differences???
Is it TOI's fault the date for another round of IOA election (as ordered by the IOC) is now scheduled for Feb. 9??
Had the election been completed before Feb. 7, the start of the Winter Olympics, an official Indian contingent could have been fast tracked into Sochi. We all know that a previous IOA election had voted in a president and a secretary general..who had been charge-sheeted on grounds of corruption in two separate cases, in violation of the international Olympic code ...which India had always been aware of but paid little attention to.
And the irony is both these men still turn up on in their official designations on IOA's website.
Nothing could be more shameful than that.

Back
Top Bottom