What's new

India eyes stealth fighter plane

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
Chennai: India will soon join the elite league of nations to desing and produce mid-combat aircraft with stealth capability.

“Defence Research and Development Organisation has already come up with light combat aircraft (LCA) and in the next phase we are working on a mid combat aircraft (MCA) with stealth capability. The structure and design has to be made in such a way that they remain invisible to the radar,” Dr A. Sivathanu Pillai, chief controller (research and development) at DRDO, said on the sidelines of Kurukshetra, Anna University’s annual technical festival.

The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru, has started to design the aircraft and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited would manufacture it, Dr Pillai said, adding that in the next stage DRDO would do a lot of development work for the aircraft.

Pointing out that to enhance research and innovation in the country, DRDO had brought over 250 universities including Anna University under one umbrella organisation, Dr Pillai said. More than 250 universities had joined hands with DRDO to develop new products for the betterment of the nation, he said.

“DRDO has set up a dedicated research board to guide and assess projects developed by education institutes in electronic warfare, cyber warfare, radar and under water systems,” he said.

Dr Pillai, who is also the CEO and managing director of Brahmos aerospace, informed that the company in the next stage would come up with air launch version of the missile which could be fired off from Sukhoi aircraft.

India eyes stealth fighter plane | Deccan Chronicle

We know very well how Tejas is. We do not require any certification from anybody. We shall come out with top of the line stealth aircraft comparable with best very soon. We shall launch AMCA by 2018.

At least we have guts to go ahead and give a try no matter what.
So what's your research organization is doing?
Yes and doing corruption and wasting public money on things which we can't make yes doing great service to your country

You still can't fully develop Tejas and you are going for stealth fighter jet good job :omghaha:

There are DREAMERS and there are DOERS, we are the doers and that makes you……….

well, you guys know what u are.

They are all on IDF, gathering specs:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Good things need to be appreciated regardless of their nationalities.

Chennai: India will soon join the elite league of nations to desing and produce mid-combat aircraft with stealth capability.
“Defence Research and Development Organisation has already come up with light combat aircraft (LCA) and in the next phase we are working on a mid combat aircraft (MCA) with stealth capability. The structure and design has to be made in such a way that they remain invisible to the radar,” Dr A. Sivathanu Pillai, chief controller (research and development) at DRDO, said on the sidelines of Kurukshetra, Anna University’s annual technical festival.
The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru, has started to design the aircraft and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited would manufacture it, Dr Pillai said, adding that in the next stage DRDO would do a lot of development work for the aircraft.
Pointing out that to enhance research and innovation in the country, DRDO had brought over 250 universities including Anna University under one umbrella organisation, Dr Pillai said. More than 250 universities had joined hands with DRDO to develop new products for the betterment of the nation, he said.
“DRDO has set up a dedicated research board to guide and assess projects developed by education institutes in electronic warfare, cyber warfare, radar and under water systems,” he said.
Dr Pillai, who is also the CEO and managing director of Brahmos aerospace, informed that the company in the next stage would come up with air launch version of the missile which could be fired off from Sukhoi aircraft.

Atleast they are better than us in the field of education and i fell their direction is much better than ours. None of pakistani universities are involved in R&D ...not even NUST (i have served in eme for nearly 6 years)... yes their lca took a lot of time but i think at the end of the day they have come up with a decent fighter. India created IITs early after independence and they have been reaping its benefits in the last 2 decades....

Can anyone tell me what have we done whose benefits we will reap say after 2-3 decades???

Yes and doing corruption and wasting public money on things which we can't make yes doing great service to your country

Ya Pakistan doesn't have any corruptions right??
Buddy go have some fun with educated people. Don't sit there and pain ur A22.....
our money we're investing for our Future... We Took years and gained knowledge from it... no matter how long it's going to make us develop the stealth we'll do it with our money.. you think Pakistan can do it then come on with a plane...Don't be jealous on india

You still can't fully develop Tejas and you are going for stealth fighter jet good job :omghaha:

1413-butthurt.png

Bringing all universities into one group isnt enough. Giving out funds for research is the major problem here. IIT professors main problem is, that they dont get funds for projects deemed essential to break the monopoly of some private players.

Being smart and not rushing forward with developing a multi-billion dollar 5th gen fighter that would most likely require foreign parts, which would defeat the purpose of it being an "indigenous fighter". You know...that.

India shouldn't do this yet. Wait a while, gain some experience with the FGFA and the go ahead after that. Trust me when I say that India would be better of just finishing the Tejas and developing it further before attempting this massive project.

Ya Pakistan doesn't have any corruptions right??
Buddy go have some fun with educated people. Don't sit there and pain ur A22.....
our money we're investing for our Future... We Took years and gained knowledge from it... no matter how long it's going to make us develop the stealth we'll do it with our money.. you think Pakistan can do it then come on with a plane...Don't be jealous on india
It's not about jealousy, nor is it about Pakistan's capabilities. No one on PDF would ever claim that Pakistan is capable of developing a 5th, atleast not without massive help from nations such as China or Turkey.

This is about India, is it ready for such a massive undertaking? Does it have the experience needed to develop a 5th gen with purely domestic parts? I can tell you that it is a no on both accounts. Getting the parts from foreign nations and assembling them is easy, anyone can do it, but India is trying to go for 100% indigenous 5th gen fighter, which it can't do. The Tejas is a perfect example of this.

I've said this many times, gain experience through the FGFA before attempting this.

Last edited:
I hope we dont try and do everything ourselves. We should work on things in which we are good and collaborate on things where we have weaknesses. DRDO should provide private industry with their existing technology. Private industry should then ensure deliveries and improvements are carried out in phases.

DRDO/ADA should tie-up with relevant international organisations for tech we do not currently possess.

@That Guy while the chaps work on the LCA and FGFA, it is imperative that DRDO/ADA/HAL and the IAF work together on the requirements properly. I am sure @sandy_3126 will be a person with a better view point on this. If I am not mistaken LCA is now HAL's baby.

Being smart and not rushing forward with developing a multi-billion dollar 5th gen fighter that would most likely require foreign parts, which would defeat the purpose of it being an "indigenous fighter". You know...that.

India shouldn't do this yet. Wait a while, gain some experience with the FGFA and the go ahead after that. Trust me when I say that India would be better of just finishing the Tejas and developing it further before attempting this massive project.

It's not about jealousy, nor is it about Pakistan's capabilities. No one on PDF would ever claim that Pakistan is capable of developing a 5th, atleast not without massive help from nations such as China or Turkey.

This is about India, is it ready for such a massive undertaking? Does it have the experience needed to develop a 5th gen with purely domestic parts? I can tell you that it is a no on both accounts. Getting the parts from foreign nations and assembling them is easy, anyone can do it, but India is trying to go for 100% indigenous 5th gen fighter, which it can't do. The Tejas is a perfect example of this.

I've said this many times, gain experience through the FGFA before attempting this.
well to sum it all you mean India should wait and watch but indian aproach in nut shell is keep researching new techs and buiding your base and when opportunity and logistics are right go on with full force @ i mean to say its just a study bieng done and soon the projects will start but right now its just a study to gain maximum number of quiallified professionals and research meterial apart from the existing infra and research base we got from LCA project

Back
Top Bottom