What's new

India eyes China tech for railway expansion

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
India eyes China tech for railway expansion

After the telecom and power sector being benefited from Chinese supplies of instruments, India is contemplating leveraging Chinese experience through a “potential cooperation” in the railway sector.

The two countries are slated to share their experience in expansion and management of railway network during the first two-day India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, starting in Beijing on Monday. In fact, the chairman of the Railway Board will be accompanying the Indian delegation, led by Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia.

The Chinese side will be led by Zhang Ping, the chairman of China’s National Development and Reform Commission.

“Discussions during the 1st Strategic Economic Dialogue will focus on plan formulation and implementation in India and China, the global economic outlook, efficient use of water resources, energy efficiency and pricing and potential cooperation in the railway sector,” said a communique issued by the Ministry of External Affairs.

Both sides had agreed to establish the dialogue platform during Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to India late last year.

Although both are among the top five largest railway networks in the world, India has been sluggish in expanding its network while China has made a determined progress and has set an ambitious expansion plan of high-speed rail network to connect the remotest parts of the country to its fastest growing regions by 2020.

The Indian side is likely to use the dialogue forum to explore cooperation in this sector, particularly drawing lessons how to use cheap technologies to undertake massive expansion of the railway network.

India eyes cheap China tech for railway expansion - Indian Express

it's nothing wrong if we learn something from their expertise as they have some of the best high speed railway network

:tup:

Funny, I heard an Indian member just now saying that all Chinese stuff is low quality and worthless.

So why is India asking for them??

Funny, I heard an Indian member just now saying that all Chinese stuff is low quality and worthless.

India is asking for stuff that works .

The Railways in China works. What is is of low & sub standard quality are consumer products that are mass produced for sale to lower segments.

U know what i have found u always trying get into confrontation with Indians here...i dont know it is pathological condition or what..that u need to always get into trolling mode rite from start..none of them in this thread said about Chinese quality..infact one guy above u just welcomed the decision..but hey u have the itch to ruin every thread with ur stupid comments

You make a "few" , we wave those "few"... its cheaper to buy. Whats the big deal

I thought "cheap and low quality" Chinese goods shouldn't be used for something like a proud Indian national flag?

Its because your thoughts are also cheap most of the times. Cant blame you.

Personal attacks already? :lol:

I was just wondering why Indians were so eager to say anything made in China is cheap and worthless (even though our exports for 2010 were worth more than India's entire GDP)... but on the other hand they come and plead for some of it?

Hahaha your patriotism was in vain, you were waving the wrong thing. :lol: And your hard earned money is safe in our pockets.

Too bad Indians had to outsource even their national flag. :azn:

Especially to the enemy which whacked them in 1962, come for another whack at their national flag.

I am sure a buck for the fake flags wouldn't have put a dent in one's pocket. As for nationalism, I think the Anna Hazare movement was a huge success... thanks to the cheap fake flags... I am grateful. ;)

Indian railways can buy this from China

BT-3882-CRH1_-_ChinaHR.jpg

Hahaha your patriotism was in vain, you were waving the wrong thing. :lol: And your hard earned money is safe in our pockets.

Too bad Indians had to outsource even their national flag. :azn:

Especially to the enemy which whacked them in 1962, come for another whack at their national flag, while taking your money at the same time.

Again 1962... u ok dude... :no:

Many country's flags are manufactured in China due to mass production facilities. You are making cheap shots on that by making it generic.

Anyway a typical behavior expected from you.

Pathetic .. is the word.

Back
Top Bottom