What's new

India extends ADD on jute products from Bangladesh, Nepal for 5 years

All evil hindu baniyas think alike. :lol:

We can better utilize our raw cottons in setting up RMG units in BIMARU states. Not that you need skilled labors in running these mills.

Plus we have energy and logistics advantages, and soon a FTA with major economies.

Why haven’t India made headway into US garments sector?

Bangladesh doesn’t enjoy any privileges in USA.

In fact, BD exports is growing faster in USA than any other country.

Indian wages (even BIMARU wages) are quite a bit higher than Bangladesh apparel wages.

Indian factories are also quite small (sweatshops) compared to Bangladesh ones.

Economies of scale is not an advantage in India.

Why haven’t India made headway into US garments sector?

Bangladesh doesn’t enjoy any privileges in USA.

In fact, BD exports is growing faster in USA than any other country.
There are few made in India clothing I see in here, mostly are Latin American.

India wants to raise exports to $32 billion but, in exchange it imposes prohibition on exports from BD.

Yet, @UKBengali is happy. Is he not a false flagged Indian?

Are you the Hinduvta twin of @Bilal9?

Wet dreams of Hinduvta and Jamatis will keep everyone poor and begging!

Luckily it’s just a wet dream!!

Reality hits and suddenly our BNP revolutionaries have gone quiet:

@Bilal9
@bluesky
@VikingRaider

Do you people have any solutions - other than big talk?

Global business and international politics are a delicate game. But BD parties and their shills are trying to sell simple racism and protectionism to the poor folk of BD - but when the reality hits they've no answers.

They will say anything to grab power and get rich - whatever the implications for BD.

Reality hits and suddenly our BNP revolutionaries have gone quiet:

@Bilal9
@bluesky
@VikingRaider

Do you people have any solutions - other than big talk?

Global business and international politics are a delicate game. But BD parties and their shills are trying to sell simple racism and protectionism to the poor folk of BD - but when the reality hits they've no answers.

They will say anything to grab power and get rich - whatever the implications for BD.
You are just showing your own color! Why don't you understand that I've been tagged BAL brat and Jamati dushmon several times ( at the same time) already?

Now you started your BNP stuffs over and over again ! Don't you think you are no different than them?

However since you are also like them ,
so I'm taking your words as compliment ( calling me BNP)!

All are actually justifying my position as a stoic and nonpartisan person!

Thank you @EasyNow ! 😊

Last edited:
All evil hindu baniyas think alike. :lol:

We can better utilize our raw cottons in setting up RMG units in BIMARU states. Not that you need skilled labors in running these mills.

Plus we have energy and logistics advantages, and soon a FTA with major economies.

I thought Indians were supposed to be intelligent? You are welcome to sit on £1b of cotton, rotting every year, without the industry to make use of it.

You can pay your farmers from your coffers -or like usual, let them starve.

If Indians could purchase this much cotton locally at prices BD pays, you wouldn't be exporting it.

In the meantime, bd will find alternative suppliers - even paying a little more for it - but eventually India will be cut out completely. So don't talk like you have the power in this scenario - a trade war will hurt both countries unnecessarily but cooperation helps both.

I thought Indians were supposed to be intelligent? You are welcome to sit on £1b of cotton, rotting every year, without the industry to make use of it.
Yes, within a year farmers will move from cotton to some other food crops which has more tangible demands in domestic market. Given that most of the farmers committing suicide are linked with Cotton farming.

In the meantime, bd will find alternative suppliers - even paying a little more for it - but eventually India will be cut out completely. So don't talk like you have the power in this scenario - a trade war will hurt both countries unnecessarily but cooperation helps both.

Yes, only other major cotton exporter is United States, as China consumes most of its produce. I believe intelligent managers in Bangladeshi RMG industry will include the supply chain cost linked with importing from United States with their final product cost.

Yes, within a year farmers will move from cotton to some other food crops which has more tangible demands in domestic market. Given that most of the farmers committing suicide are linked with Cotton farming.

Yes, only other major cotton exporter is United States, as China consumes most of its produce. I believe intelligent managers in Bangladeshi RMG industry will include the supply chain cost linked with importing from United States with their final product cost.

Yup that's likely how it will play out.

In the end both sides will be poorer.

You lose a ready market next door. And BD’s import cost goes up.

Luckily, Modi is a banya first and Hinduvta second.

Whereas the BIMARU turds are Hinduvta first, second and last. Which is why the buggers go hungry!!!

Our BNP are equally self sabotaging!!

@EasyNow
@UKBengali

I am sick of the chest thumping by Hinduvta turds and the hilarious retorts, in broken English, from our BNP shills.

I wish I could lock them up together in a container and dump them in the south Atlantic!!!

In the end both sides will be poorer.

You lose a ready market next door. And BD’s import cost goes up.
Because cotton farming is not that highly profitable for Indian farmers at all for the past 3-4 years as it used to be in the early 2000s, and most farmers just barely recoups cost. There was this nice documentary about the misery of cotton farming, because of falsely advertised GMOs, high fertilizer cost and predatory lending.

Because cotton farming is not that highly profitable for Indian farmers at all for the past 3-4 years as it used to be in the early 2000s, and most farmers just barely recoups cost. There was this nice documentary about the misery of cotton farming, because of falsely advertised GMOs, high fertilizer cost and predatory lending.

Farming is not profitable for small farmers - world over!

India is not unique!

They will starve if they couldn’t grow and sell cotton.

Simply because, unlike BD, India is not producing much low skilled jobs.

Bangladesh is rapidly urbanising because farmers have an alternative.

After the covid experience - when the rural poor were abandoned on highways - your farmers are not going back to the cities.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom