What's new

India expels American diplomat

Deeply regret that India expelled our diplomat: US - Rediff.com India News

Deeply regret that India expelled our diplomat: US
January 11, 2014 01:15 IST

11india-us(1).jpg
The United States said it "deeply regretted" that India felt it necessary to expel an American diplomat after senior diplomat Devyani Khobragade was asked to leave the country following her indictment in a visa fraud case.
"We deeply regret that the Indian government felt it was necessary to expel one of our diplomatic personnel," the State Department spokesman Jen Psaki said.
"I can confirm that a US official accredited to the (American) Mission in India will be leaving post at the request of the government of India", Psaki said.
The spokesman said "this has clearly been a challenging time in the US-India relationship" and the US expected that "this relationship will not come to a closure and India will take "significant steps" to improve the ties and return to a more "constructive place".
"We expect and hope that this will not come to closure, and the Indians will now take significant steps with us to improve our relationship and return it to a more constructive place," the spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, India on Friday expelled a senior American diplomat within hours of Khobragade being asked to leave the US after her indictment in a visa fraud case for which she was arrested nearly a month ago, triggering strong reaction from the government here.
The unnamed Director-rank American diplomat based here was given "a little more than 48 hours" to leave India even as Khobragade was on her way home from New York where the US government finally approved her accreditation to the UN which gave her full diplomatic immunity as against partial immunity at the time of her arrest on December 12 when she was Deputy Consul General there.

Don't you read??? WE don't bully babies. End of story. When you are ready for your bottle, we'll still be there. It will be warm and nutritious. No hard feelings. After all, we understand that babies are not "fully" responsibility for their tantrums ....
That is right eh? that is why you sent your 7th nuclear carrier fleet to counter our Aircraft Carrier?
We were ready for you, why did you chicken out?After all we tore a big part of your ally and made it a new nation,Ain't IT? What were you doing then? when your ally was pleading in UNO and when he tore the pages and walked away? hmmm??:D

More power to India on this one!
Bhaag gaya saala! :D

Last edited:
^^^ There, there. Have it your way, little one. We understand. You're still cute in our eyes....

^^^ There, there. Have it your way, little one. We understand. You're still cute in our eyes....
How cute? enough to send your Nuke CBG to ours and then Chicken out? CHICKEN!!!!:D
We know you are chicken,Who only show your power against developing nations, You will shite in your pants if you challenge, Iran,North Korea,China,Russia,India. Try that and see ! :D

@Sashan, @JanjaWeed

Further to my earlier post, it seems the U.S. diplomat in question is Wayne May, the head of the US embassy’s diplomatic security contingent. It seems that the MEA asked the U.S. to remove his immunity (ostensibly so that he could be charged), failing which he would be required to leave the country.

thinking what would PK do if it was a PK diplomat

disgusting!

US showed no respect, and India now has reciprocated rightly.

Last edited:
US showed no respect, and India now has reciprocated rightly.

Here lies the essence of the entire episode.

In my opinion the lady did wrong by violating local laws and should be punished for it - something Indian politicians & bureaucrats are not used to at home.

However, the rub lies in the manner of arrest & the strip search that followed . This may be an accepted norm in the US but not in India hence the anger.

India in my opinion is doing right by tightening the screws on US diplomats and their activities. This morning I read in the TOI that a number of vehicles bearing registration No CD 77 were challaned for violations like dark films on windows ( which is against the law) and wrong parking.

The US has got used to being treated as more equal than others for far too long and seem to have given themselves the right to ride rough shod over others. This has to stop.

Cowardly dumb *** supporting a crook like this witch. Guess you like corrupt people like her over Kargil widows. Preet is atleast loyal to his country whereas you are supporting two crooked Khobragades over the sacrifices of your soldiers.
No body here is supporting Khobragade's
Read all the post from starting...

the pseudo americans here...are not supporting the country they are living in not bcos they love it...instead they are afraid that if this issue escalates they get kicked of the country...many here in might still be in process of getting green cards...so they are bit worried... so i request indian members living in India... to give them some air...reassure them if indeed they are kicked out...we will still welcome them back with open ♥...
ps: we dont support devyani..if she is charged with corruption charges here in india under indian law...
and regarding India's retaliation...
when u are in a argument...their is a possibilty of clearing things on table peacefully...
but when u r in a brawl...only way to get out of it is...by giving left right and center!!!!

i am an indian and i think shit of skin colour,me as a indian ,my ancestors have always taught to be humble to others irrespective of caste,color,religion and creed.that value always remain in me no matter what u think.i am from a very respectful family in kerala who donated thousands of acres of land and built schools from our own money for adivasis(if don't know adivasis search google) in malabar region and then government of kerala (india)aided it and he never took any benefit.he is very respectful man even today,if u pm me i can give his name since i don't like boast on internet.that's not my style.

malayali ano?

It's not that simple, US never denied the charges of cavity search, on specific questions on cavity search all that they said was "it is a standard procedure", though even some US media reported that cavity search is permitted only in cases of suspected drug / contraband traffickers and violent criminals suspected to carry small hidden weapons. Things wouldn't have escalated to such extent without strip search and cavity search. btw US categorically said that the leaked video was a fake and it was not done in that manner.

another action of US to "evacuate" Indian citizens from India .That may cause long lasting damage.

In other words.

USA = right, democratic, upholder of freedom and all that
India= Backwards, etc etc because they stood up for their diplomat.

You didn't hear about the US being called a baby when it refused to let its contract killer be tried in Pakistan.
One of the most whiniest and childish behavior in recent times that I remember is when France refused to support illegal war on Iraq. "President" Bush "renamed" the "French" fries to "Freedom" fries, publicly!!! Then import of French wine fell like 60% (don't know whether govt had any role in this). Can it get any childish? It is like Chistie stooges closing bridge lane..... But hey, we are childish. No matter the standard response of every non-banana republic for expulsion of it's diplomat is reciprocal expulsion, till now. US has done this when it's diplomats were caught pants down by USSR and expelled, same thing with USSR... I think these US supports are b@tt hurt we retaliated. They thought we were banana republic but when their super power superiority complex was shattered, they can't handle it. Any NSA guys spying on European and other developed nations would commit suicide today as US would b@tt of joke for them by now....

Back
Top Bottom