What's new

India develops first Laser Guided Bomb

sudhir007

Reaction score
Tarmak007 -- An Indian Aerospace & Defence Blog With A Difference By Anantha Krishnan M.: DRDO says laser-guided bomb trials at Pokran successful

LGB.JPG

ADE a premier DRDO aeronautical lab at Bangalore has successfully designed, developed & carried out the user trials of laser guided bombs at Pokhran with the participation of users, IAF. Flight tests have demonstrated the accuracy, reliability and performance of these precision air launched bombs. The tests have been conducted after extensive, simulation, design validation, ground experiments followed by series of flight evaluation. A number of high tech components have also been developed by Indian industries for this advanced weapon package. Indian Air Force is expected to upgrade a large number of unguided bombs to this standard based on the excellent results seen today.

DRDO's laser guided bombs tested successfully by IAF

STAFF WRITER 19:10 HRS IST

New Delhi, Jun 9 (PTI) The DRDO and IAF have successfully tested laser guided bombs (LGBs) designed and developed indigenously for the air force, which is planning to upgrade a large number of its unguided bombs to the standards of the new weapon. :yahoo:

DRDO officials said here today that the user trials of the LGBs were successfully carried out at the Pokhran test ranges in Rajasthan desert by the IAF this week.

"The flight tests demonstrated the accuracy, reliability and performance of the precision air launched bombs," the officials said.

"IAF is expected to upgrade a large number of unguided bombs to this standard based on the excellent results seen," they added. :yahoo:

Designed and developed by Bangalore-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), the tests of the LGBs were conducted after extensive simulation and design validation, they said.

fullstory

Any infos about CEP, which weight class they will be?

So that mean within 4-5 year whole weapons of IAF are based on laser-guided technique.

this was a much needed move,when pakistan have alraedy acquired the smart bombs kit from u.s

Dude better know the poster before thinking he is trolling or not...Anyways great achievement INDIA :cheers:
@@offtopic
yes i love n respect this guy the same way i respect n love other indian.i hope many other poster r also like me.

lhuang i m saying on behalf of that indian.i think he des't know you.
i hope you will not mind:undecided::china:

@ontopic:
appoximatly what will be the cost of 1 bomb.?????anybody knows??

great!!!!!! :victory::victory::victory:

but cant they give it a better paint job .... personally it looks ugly !!!:cry:

Sudhir,

Why a new thread yaaar !!! There is already one existing....jaara dek lo yaaar before opening a new one.

Back
Top Bottom