What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Utter non sense - you don't have a 8 lane motorway,even today.

M-2 completed 1997 - 200 miles M2 motorway (Pakistan) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M2 Islamabad - Lahore. Count the lanes below. Planned in 1989, started in 1993 and 200 miles completed in 1997.

3297516098_d9da6b2c39_b.jpg

M1 Peshawar - Islamabad

100_0005.JPG

M-3 Faisalabad - Multan

253713,xcitefun-m3-motorway-2.jpg

1997 stamp

Psv-11.JPG

Motorway Map

4-pakistan-roads.jpg

Last edited:
6 lane and 4 Lane.

Eight lanes. Six allocated to normal driving and two reserved as emergency lanes for breakdowns etc.

The M1 Peshawar image is of the spur link. Main section follows standard 8/6 carriagway.

300px-PKM1-2.JPG

M1 - Time lapse Peshawar to Islamabad. Starts near Afghan border. You can drive via M1 and M2 straight across from Afghan border to Indian border on Wagah.

Notice sign near Lahore close to India.. Top left Wagah border with India.

60583355.jpg

From the Afghan border, Peshawar ring road to start of M1 toll

Last edited:
Eight lanes. Six allocated to normal driving and two acting as emergency lanes for breakdowns etc.

The M1 Peshawar image is of the spur link. Main section follows standard 8/6 carriagway.

300px-PKM1-2.JPG

M1 - Time lapse Peshawar to Islamabad. Starts near Afghan border. You can drive via M1 and M2 straight across from Afghan border to Indian border on Wagah.

Notice sign near Lahore close to India.. Top left Wagah border with India.

60583355.jpg

No one counts the hard shoulder as a lane.

No one counts the hard shoulder as a lane.

Splitting hairs. The emergency lane is luxury. In UK they are removing the "reserved status" of the emergency lane to ease traffic flows. Instead small hard stands have been built.

The fact is you can drive right from the Afghan border to Peshawar,Khyber Pakhtun to Islamabad to Lahore, Punjab and Indian border on 8/6 lane motorways ( M1, M2 ) without stopping. Then you have M3, M4, M9 going south to Karachi.

M2 Islamabad to Lahore ( Punjab)

Government to Soon Start Work on 10 Express Highways: Gadkari

By PTI Published: 19th July 2015

NEW DELHI: As part of efforts to boost road infrastructure for faster connectivity, the Centre is planning to start work on 10 world-class express highways, which will not only reduce travel time but also propel country's economic growth, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has said.

"We will soon build ten express highways on the pattern of Mumbai-Pune Express Highway. These include Nagpur-Mumbai, Bangalore-Chennai, Baroda-Mumbai, Katra-Amritsar and Ludhiana-Delhi," Road Transport and Highways Minister Gadkari told PTI.

Gadkari said work on these projects will start soon and once completed they will not only reduce travel time between major cities but would also contribute significantly towards the economic growth.

"All these express highways are going to be world class matching the quality and specifications in advanced nations and once completed would result in huge savings in fuel cost," he said.

Gadkari has to his credit building Mumbai-Pune express highway during his stint as state's PWD Minister besides he is known as 'flyover man from Maharashtra' for constructing a network of flyover in the state.

He said most of the proposed ten projects including the about Rs 6,000 crore 260-km Bengaluru-Chennai expressway will be concrete cement highways.

The Nagpur-Mumbai express highway, connecting two major cities Nagpur and Aurangabad in Maharashtra with capital city Mumbai, will also save significant time, he said.

Ludhiana-Delhi expressway is proposed on new alignment linking the national Capital with Ludhiana, which would also have a separate node to connect Chandigarh and the same is likely to reduce distance between Delhi and Ludhiana by 50 km.

Gadkari said his Ministry is committed to contributing at least 2 per cent to the GDP besides aimed at reducing accidents by more more than 50 per cent in the next two years.

An express highway is a controlled-access highways, mostly 6-lane or above, where entrance and exit is controlled by the use of slip roads (ramps) that are incorporated into the design of the highway.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/busi...cle2928830.ece

Lucknow Metro

Credits : Mehar, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone missed this...

Achievements in the month of August’15

1. Field trial of loco No. 30086 with Alternate Drive Gear Arrangement for 200 kmph supplied by M/s Henschel/Germany and IGBT based propulsion system of M/s Medha carried out successfully at CLW and in ASN division at maximum permissible sectional speed of 130 kmph.

http://www.clw.indianrailways.gov.in...95,329,493,494

Why no city in Punjab has metro? Why is Punjab not allowed to develop?
brother are u ok??
what happened lately?? u have been throwing these question recently?.....i never thought u will be poisoned some day
:(

for answering your question...right now i'm living in punjab(i guess u r in canada right now)
which punjabi city do u think needs metro? jalandhar? amritsar? ludhiana? chandigarh?
lets b raional do u really think any of these cities need metro?? look at the population density around these places...i commute daily in these cities....and i dont find a need of metro!
lets say if we build a metro here.....would it b useful?? if there is no traffic?
jalandhar-no need of metro in near future(not much population small city)
amritsar-might need of metro(but no space to build one as o=now may b some revolutionary consruction technique or project might help)
ludhiana- yes for sure it will need metro for future(but not in 5-10 years)
chandigarh- well here is never going to b a metro there(there is no need have u seen traffic in chd? it wont need a metro i guess in like next 20 years)

above all these are not even tier 2-3 cities

btw for a +ve change i would like to inform u jal ldh and amstr have been choosen for 100 smart city projects....not many states had option of choosing 3 smart cities...........i know what u wanted to say by this post...but please this is from a punjabi living in punjab to another punjabi...please whatever has poisoned ur mind please mend it i would like to see u as u were before:)
thank u hope i didnt offend u
(and yes i live in one of above mentioned cities so u cant mark my words (jal) :))

brother are u ok??
what happened lately?? u have been throwing these question recently?.....i never thought u will be poisoned some day

for answering your question...right now i'm living in punjab(i guess u r in canada right now)
which punjabi city do u think needs metro? jalandhar? amritsar? ludhiana? chandigarh?
lets b raional do u really think any of these cities need metro?? look at the population density around these places...i commute daily in these cities....and i dont find a need of metro!
lets say if we build a metro here.....would it b useful?? if there is no traffic?
amritsar-might need of metro(but no space to build one as o=now may b some revolutionary consruction technique or project might help)
chandigarh- well here is never going to b a metro there(there is no need have u seen traffic in chd? it wont need a metro i guess in like next 20 years)

btw for a +ve change i would like to inform u jal ldh and amstr have been choosen for 100 smart city projects....not many states had option of choosing 3 smart cities...........i know what u wanted to say by this post...but please this is from a punjabi living in punjab to another punjabi...please whatever has poisoned ur mind please mend it i would like to see u as u were before:)
(and yes i live in one of above mentioned cities so u cant mark my words (jal) :))

I am just a bit frustrated lately why our state is so backwards with kisan killing themselves, drug problem, alcohol problem, 1984 murderers still not brought to justice, most Indians make fun of us saying it's 12 o'clock for the Sikhs, santa-banta jokes.

I am just a bit frustrated lately why our state is so backwards with kisan killing themselves, drug problem, alcohol problem, 1984 murderers still not brought to justice, most Indians make fun of us saying it's 12 o'clock for the Sikhs, santa-banta jokes.
I m with you on this .....

I think Chandigarh has a metro rail project !!

Chandigarh Metro|Chandigarh Metro to run through two Corridors | Metro Rail News

brother are u ok??

I am just a bit frustrated lately why our state is so backwards
agreed to some extend......an agriculture driven state we are.....
drug problem
i wouldnt blame central govt for that....bsf is trying best to capture all smugglers....and i know this is a big problem...drugs are easily avail..yesterday only frnd told me a particular drug his frnd uses is avai @5000INR for 10gm..agreed
alcohol problem
it would say its personal problem of some people...its not something tht is being forced upon and being sold in big numbers
1984 murderers still not brought to justice
well i am not a sikh though but i share the feel......i'm no one to tell u about it..but sill i will say there isnt enough proof for murderers i guess......but still i'm nobody to say that......i would like murderers to b trailed and punished and it hurts me too how brutual tht riot was
most Indians make fun of us saying it's 12 o'clock for the Sikhs,
well i dont.........and for ur info punjabis too make fun of UP nd Bihar ppl its nothing new....it happens around the country and world man we all make funn of people who are distinct fro us and saying it 12-o clock woud not b justice.....u have definitely met wrong people in canada
santa-banta jokes.
first of all if u want to take santa banta jokes as attack on a particular community then what can i say..ppl should aldo get offended by sharma verma jokes or the inflow of funny god jokes nd stories linked with daily lyf in festive season...what happened to ur rational thinking??? take your time...there are always gonna b people who wont like u or ur community but it doesnt mean u can paint whole india on that basis....we are acing as CNN? BBC?

nevertheless this is not the right thread i dont want to disturb the soul off the thread...we can talk on fb or pm if u want..i would love to talk to u :)...bro take some time...start looking at INDIA as MY INDIA again!! u are not perfect we have faults crazy faults..we are not exactly the same INDIA as Gandhi dreamed of but we are on our way and we will reach thr one day.......and racial elements will still b thr....but what we can do we have to always ignore the barking dogs
@Abingdonboy
@levina
good if it has one but i think chd can go on withoout metro easily hardly seen any jam in chd!!
for mee it might b a waste of money

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom