What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

When will It's construction be completed??

May,2016

a1.jpg

The vacant areas are to ramp up production to 1.8 million units per year in a few years, making it one of the largest two wheeler plants in the world:)
Another fact is that the plant was completed a few months back but was inaugurated a few days back because the CM of the state didn't had time to inaugurate it. :disagree:

Another fact is that the plant was completed a few months back but was inaugurated a few days back because the CM of the state didn't had time to inaugurate it. :disagree:

Production started unofficially a long time back . The formal inauguration was timed to sync with the Global Investors Meet which concluded yesterday . This happens all the time everywhere around the world. The formal inauguration is just a perfunctory event for the plant per se , although it's a momentuous one as far as the marketing of the state's capabilities and gaining a few political brownie points are concerned..... what's life without a little bit of politics eh ..:P ;) :)

Simply wow!

@Bombaywalla this place kind of puts Mumbai "proper" in the shade- infrastructure-wise. Yes I am comparing apples and oranges but I suppose it is only natural to have the namesakes compared.

Agreed. New Bombay is a fully-planned development, Bombay is not, sadly. Now if I were to film a driving video in and around my parts of the island city, you'd probably have a similar opinion on "proper Bombay's" infra i.e it's pretty similar to the infra that's shown in the video (especially on weekends) :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom