What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

MMMM there were a lot of imports in making T2. I do not think it was the technology but the Chandeliers are imported from Europe. There could be other imports as well but I am not really sure.
Dude, Sorry for not being more clearer. I meant the buildup technology per say. You know, T2 wasnt built by installed cranes but overhead trusses and frames. Now thats indegenous innovation for local challanges.

developing the human resources play an imp role in the development of the country .. so , i want to post info abt the present and upcoming esteemed univ/colleges of india ... lets start wth my own state a.p

Hyderabad_campus_Jadcherla.jpg

proposed nmims campus at jadcherla , a.p

IMT.jpg

imt hyderabad

Indian-School-of-Business-(ISB)-Hyderabad-photos.JPG

world renowned isb hyd

images

BirlaInstituteOfTechnologyAndScience,Hyderabad,Campus.png

bits hyd

Last edited:

GVK is amazing.

I cant even imagine what behemoths Indian companies like GVK, L&T, etc. will be in 10-20 years. What's even better is that by that time several upcoming companies will also be on the level of expertise and discipline GVK, L&T, etc. have today.

Defense industry can only benefit from their growth.

The best part is, its completely indegenous without an inch of import and what we get is an international quality beauty. Now I am convinced that India can take China's place coz we can 'build' which is the quality Chini are known for. And with tym we will build more and better. Bottomline is, MUMBAI 'IS' GONNA BECOME A SHANGHAI. :)
we all know it ,IN 5 YEARS!
btw ,what does "Chini" mean? does it reflect the Indian quality of spelling?

Last edited:
Shanghai is awesome. For Mumbai to aspire to be like Shanghai is a complement to Shanghai. Mumbai, in plain truth, was more comparable to Karachi, or in recent times, Dubai. Mumbai is fast forwarding to the future.

Personally speaking Shanghai will always remain some yrs. ahead of Mumbai specially re: China's 100 Million Shanghai based cluster. Also, Mumbai is not a river Delta city like Shanghai, Calcutta is. Like the Pearl river bringing all it's riches to Shanghai, the Indus delivers it's riches to Karachi and Ganges delivers it's riches to Calcutta.

The Mumbai-Delhi industrial corridor will do the job in the 21'st century. Indians should actively plan for 100 Million agglomerations around their main cities, or maybe Shanghai set the example. The Tokyo-Osaka, NY-New Jersey-Baltimore, Rio-Sao-Paolo, London-?, Montreal-Toronto-Windsor, Shanghai-Beijing corridors are organic examples. Karachi-Lahore could be one in the future too.

Meanwhile, however:
  • India's 1 single Co. TCS's market cap of approx. $ 75 Billion crossed the entire Karachi Stock Exchange's 652 listings combined market cap of $ 53.3 Billion, with plenty to spare.
"Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) leads the club with a market cap of over Rs 4.56 lakh Cr.'s." (about $ 75 Billion). - HCL Technologies joins Rs 1 trillion market capitalization club | Business Standard

Turns out the top 5 Indian pvt. sector Co.'s or top 5 public sector Co.'s can outright buy out all of Karachi's listed Co.'s, give or take. Indian Co.'s have done large Global takeovers and the favorite method is not outright purchase but a leveraged, often highly leveraged takeover. Indian Co.'s home assets are hugely under-valued. I'm thinking this hidden value, often real-estate, is also factored in re: above highly leveraged take-overs. In a free world, Indian Co.'s would eat Pakistani Co.'s for lunch.

Group Co. Tata Motors New Tata Vista VX Tech is here @ Rs 5.99 lakh - Last updated on: January 21, 2014

21tatacar1.jpg

15vista5.jpg

I also dreamed up that diesel-electric would be the transition transport tech for India re:
  1. Tech. trickle down from Indian Railways and Shipping who have long experience in it
  2. Warm, diesel friendly climate and plenty of crude-to-diesel conversion tech. availability locally, plus crude oil in the 'hood (read the Gulf).
  3. Sluggish, slow infra.
Not!

Last edited:
we all know it ,IN 5 YEARS!
btw ,what does "Chini" mean? does it reflect the Indian quality of spelling?

If the Chinese quality of spelling is reflected in calling India as Indu, then perhaps what you say is right.

Shanghai is awesome. For Mumbai to aspire to be like Shanghai is a complement to Shanghai. Mumbai, in plain truth, is more comparable to Karachi, or in recent times, Dubai.

Personally speaking Shanghai will always remain some yrs. ahead of Mumbai specially re: China's 100 Million Shanghai based cluster. Also, Mumbai is not a river Delta city like Shanghai, Calcutta is. Like the Pearl river bringing all it's riches to Shanghai, the Indus delivers it's riches to Karachi and Ganges delivers it's riches to Calcutta.

The Mumbai-Delhi industrial corridor will do the job in the 21'st century. Indians should actively plan for 100 Million agglomerations around their main cities, or maybe Shanghai set the example. The Tokyo-Osaka, NY-New Jersey-Baltimore, Rio-Sao-Paolo, London-?, Montreal-Toronto-Windsor, Shanghai-Beijing corridors are organic examples. Karachi-Lahore could be one in the future too.

Meanwhile, however:
  • India's 1 single Co. TCS's market cap of approx. $ 75 Billion crossed the entire Karachi Stock Exchange's 652 listings combined market cap of $ 53.3 Billion, with plenty to spare.
"Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) leads the club with a market cap of over Rs 4.56 lakh Cr.'s." (about $ 75 Billion). - HCL Technologies joins Rs 1 trillion market capitalization club | Business Standard

Turns out the top 5 Indian pvt. sector Co.'s or top 5 public sector Co.'s can outright buy out all of Karachi's listed Co.'s, give or take. Indian Co.'s have done large Global takeovers and the favorite method is not outright purchase but a leveraged, often highly leveraged takeover. Indian Co.'s home assets are hugely under-valued. I'm thinking this hidden value, often real-estate, is also factored in re: above highly leveraged take-overs. In a free world, Indian Co.'s would eat Pakistani Co.'s for lunch.

Group Co. Tata Motors New Tata Vista VX Tech is here @ Rs 5.99 lakh - Last updated on: January 21, 2014

21tatacar1.jpg

15vista5.jpg

I also dreamed up that diesel-electric would be the transition transport tech for India re:
  1. Tech. trickle down from Indian Railways and Shipping who have long experience in it
  2. Warm, diesel friendly climate and plenty of crude-to-diesel conversion tech. availability locally, plus crude oil in the 'hood (read the Gulf).
  3. Sluggish, slow infra.
Not!

I d not think Mumbai can be compared to Karachi. Mumbai is so far ahead I cannot even begin to speak of it. The quality of infrastructure, especially with the new terminal, the roads, the industrial base, uninterrupted power, living standards and above all the quality of people. The GDP is far larger too with comparable number of residents.

What is the latest GDP figures for Mumbai BTW? Last I heard they were 250+ BN but I am not sure

^^

Yes, Mumbai is moving on, I should have said the old Bombay-Karachi Vs. Delhi-Lahore dynamics are long gone.

Mumbai's BFSI gave us TCS, Infosys, Patni, Mahindra Satyam, ICICI, HDFC, Kotak etc. Vs. Karachi's Af.-Pak spillover anarchy.
Mumbai gave India Oscar winning, Lahore inspired Global Bollywood, Powai, Bombay High, Tata's Jaguar and Land Rover buyout, Reliance, Air India and Jet Airways Vs. Karachi I'm not sure.

Yes, I agree Mumbai's moving on from it's cousin Karachi and give it a few yrs., on towards distant cos Shanghai.

^^

Yes, Mumbai is moving on, I should have said the old Bombay-Karachi Vs. Delhi-Lahore dynamics are long gone.

Mumbai's BFSI gave us TCS, Infosys, Patni, Mahindra Satyam, ICICI, HDFC, Kotak etc. Vs. Karachi's Af.-Pak spillover anarchy.
Mumbai gave India Oscar winning, Lahore inspired Global Bollywood, Powai, Bombay High, Tata's Jaguar and Land Rover buyout, Reliance, Air India and Jet Airways Vs. Karachi I'm not sure.

Yes, I agree Mumbai's moving on from it's cousin Karachi and give it a few yrs., on towards distant cos Shanghai.
mumbai is compared to Shanghai or atleast looked forward too...is bcos of the no.of high rises mumbai has or in construction....
cant say the same about Karachi...

^^^ ? Elaborate please, thank you

Also, on a side note, I do not agree with you when you say the middle east is bosom buddies with India. Far far far from it. Arabs hate us and we hate them right back. The only Muslim countries that we have a good relationship with is Indonasia / Malayasia / CIS. That's it.

^^^

Old, ancestral links. Ask mallus, Luckhnowis and Hyderabadis. Less Saudi Arabia, the Gulf has been exceptionally close to India. Some parts of India are far closer to Gulf than among themselves.

Old business, culture and spiritual (religious sort too). And don't forget the 70's original, multi-spiritual (Muslims, Christians, Hindus) $ petro Gulf NRI's. Many pro.'s kids are now storming the world as they grow into thorough bred pro.'s. The Gulf expat community became the nucleas of Indian Globalisation and the gen. next Gulf expats come with inter-continental networks.

Back
Top Bottom