What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

I was ignorant about the country of India so I enjoyed very much this thread. Thanks

To some Chinese members, why did you guys post pics from China in this thread? If people are interested, they will look at other threads, gee. Just do our own work, no need to broadcast to the entire world, unless you feel so insecure that you need some kind of recognition. You would look like some newly rich that want their neighbors' praise, which is pathetic.
Sorry for my harsh words. I was just being annoyed.

Humbleness is a virtue that wins friends.

Also Indian friends, please keep updating this thread.

Why are you derailing this thread? Do you want me to start posting shitty pictures about your cities in this forum. It won't take me few hours of photo shooting in Shanghai to bust your bubble.

You must remember no city is perfect and a city is called great for it's heritage, culture, people and traditional architecture... you cannot make a city great by putting lot of glass an concrete.

Remember All that glitters is not gold

I'm well aware that this thread is about India, but since it's titled 'India is developing, but still a long way to go', I thought I'd share some Chinese development experience as a reference. How else would you know you have some ways to go if you don't compare yourself to someone else?

Besides, both India and China are very large countries, with comparably large populations. Chinese experience is of particular relevance to India, since no other country on earth faces similar population and developmental pressures. India surely cannot be compared with Switzerland or Austria.

As you well know, India vs. China is a rather popular topic in India; so why not bring the Chinese experience to this thread based on that reason alone?

As I explained before, I'm merely sharing some Chinese experience which my fellow forumers might find interesting and which is relevant to India's own development path.

All in all, I don't understand why you should be so touchy.

Cheers!

P.S. I agree, cirr's photos might be a bit showoff.

I'm well aware that this thread is about India, but since it's titled 'India is developing, but still a long way to go', I thought I'd share some Chinese development experience as a reference. How else would you know you have some ways to go if you don't compare yourself to someone else?

Besides, both India and China are very large countries, with comparably large populations. Chinese experience is of particular relevance to India, since no other country on earth faces similar population and developmental pressures. India surely cannot be compared with Switzerland or Austria.

As you well know, India vs. China is a rather popular topic in India; so why not bring the Chinese experience to this thread based on that reason alone?

As I explained before, I'm merely sharing some Chinese experience which my fellow forumers might find interesting and which is relevant to India's own development path.

All in all, I don't understand why you should be so touchy.

Cheers!

P.S. I agree, cirr's photos might be a bit showoff.

Whatever your intention is your posts are mere sugar coated gloating. Calling other's post trolling does not makes you a saint. These do not provide any insight how these pictures can help. You should have been able to post more on city planning, municipal functioning, technologies used to make thing better etc etc...

But what you've posted some pictures with ZERO value add.

Just to enlighten you, India cannot follow Chinese modal as both countries have different approach, constitution and socio-political systems.

FYI few yrs back when first time I visited Shanghai i saw a decent size low rise complex (you can call it a architectural heritage which must have been preserved) with few thousand people living in it. I went back after 3 months whole colony was bulldozed to make a tall building and a park.

We do not/ cannot do this in India.

Whatever your intention is your posts are mere sugar coated gloating. Calling other's post trolling does not makes you a saint. These do not provide any insight how these pictures can help. You should have been able to post more on city planning, municipal functioning, technologies used to make thing better etc etc...

But what you've posted some pictures with ZERO value add.

Just to enlighten you, India cannot follow Chinese modal as both countries have different approach, constitution and socio-political systems.

FYI few yrs back when first time I visited Shanghai i saw a decent size low rise complex (you can call it a architectural heritage which must have been preserved) with few thousand people living in it. I went back after 3 months whole colony was bulldozed to make a tall building and a park.

We do not/ cannot do this in India.

I don't understand how you can politicize the things I have mentioned in my posts. How do India's socio-political factors prevent her from setting up free trade zones, or building sufficient green spaces in her cities, or building a nation-wide high-speed rail network? All of these things are tried and true and have succeeded in both democratic and non-democratic countries.

Please enlighten me as to what is it about India that is different from the rest of the world that the above things are somehow impractical?

It seems to me that my posts have struck a raw nerve, which is rather unnecessary and just a bit strange. As I've mentioned, and I'm sure you'll concur, the topic of India vs China is rather popular in India due to the two countries' shared population, resource, and developmental challenges. So why not extend that discussion here to elevate the discussion?

Cheers!

copyright:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151891791858243&set=a.10150750713363243.436613.666253242&type=1&theater

odui.jpg

Nice photo! What is that building in the middle of the photo, the one under construction?

I don't understand how you can politicize the things I have mentioned in my posts. How do India's socio-political factors prevent her from setting up free trade zones, or building sufficient green spaces in her cities, or building a nation-wide high-speed rail network? All of these things are tried and true and have succeeded in both democratic and non-democratic countries.

Are you serious? You can't see how? Chinese leadership wants something done it just does it, Indian leadership done it has to pass it through parliament, get it allies onside and keep the opposition happy if the move will affect even a few Indian people they have to consult them and negotiate for months if not years.

Motilal oswal building, Prabhadevi, Mumbai:

Motilal_Oswal.png

Motilal_Oswal_Night.png

Chinese infrastructure is not what a developing India needs, but rather it's the foundations of society of china in the 1970s, despite being poor the people were fed, had access to healthcare and kids all had a proper education, there wasn't any talk of national pride and military, it was always about the people, the lowest denominator in society.

Chinese Development success was based off those foundations, India should follow suit before they worry about who has the bigger, newer skyscrapers.

Chinese infrastructure is not what a developing India needs, but rather it's the foundations of society of china in the 1970s, despite being poor the people were fed, had access to healthcare and kids all had a proper education, there wasn't any talk of national pride and military, it was always about the people, the lowest denominator in society.

Chinese Development success was based off those foundations, India should follow suit before they worry about who has the bigger, newer skyscrapers.

Oh for the Nth time...WE DID NOT ASK YOU FOR ADVICE

Are you serious? You can't see how? Chinese leadership wants something done it just does it, Indian leadership done it has to pass it through parliament, get it allies onside and keep the opposition happy if the move will affect even a few Indian people they have to consult them and negotiate for months if not years.

You misunderstood my post. I was asking for an explanation from sms on why he believes that free trade zones, city parks, and high-speed rail cannot be done in India due to its unique socio-political environment.

I personally believe that there is no rational political reason that these projects cannot be done in India. They've been done elsewhere, in plenty of countries with very different political and social systems. I see no reason why India cannot do the same.

If you disagree, please explain.

Cheers!

All developing countries need physical infrastructure. Better infrastructure is a major and necessary components of development. A child cannot grow without food, and a developing nation cannot develop without infrastructure. Therefore the topic is essential and very much relevant here.

Of course, you were referring to the 'soft' social infrastructure; but remember, having better physical infrastructure also helps building social capital. The two are intimately connected and if done right, form a virtuous, mutually reinforcing cycle.

Cheers!

You misunderstood my post. I was asking for an explanation from sms on why he believes that free trade zones, city parks, and high-speed rail cannot be done in India due to its unique socio-political environment.

I personally believe that there is no rational political reason that these projects cannot be done in India. They've been done elsewhere, in plenty of countries with very different political and social systems. I see no reason why India cannot do the same.

If you disagree, please explain.

Cheers!
You don't understand Indian politics then sir.

Oh for the Nth time...WE DID NOT ASK YOU FOR ADVICE

living in the self deluding bubble will get India no where, there are very serious problems with your society. And it affects the people at the lowest levels the most, but people like you are too ignorant to care about it.

Back
Top Bottom